Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What gigs/bands/artists are you booking tickets to see in 2023 and looking forward to

What's Hot

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 7063
    munckee said:
    Saw Pulp in 94 supporting Oasis. Terrific live band. 
    I saw them in a 1000 capacity venue in Detroit in 97. They were great!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12614
    munckee said:
    Saw Pulp in 94 supporting Oasis. Terrific live band. 
    Now that would be a dream right now. That must have been incredible 
    It was oasis plus “special guests” had no idea it was pulp til they came on. Tremendous gig.  
  • DavidRDavidR Frets: 792
    edited November 2022

Heritage Live 2023 outdoor shows at Audley End

So far Soft Cell, Heaven 17, OMD signed up. Elbow this year on a lovely summers evening with beer was just wonderful. We can walk there. Brilliant.
  • DavidR said:

Heritage Live 2023 outdoor shows at Audley End

So far Soft Cell, Heaven 17, OMD signed up. Elbow this year on a lovely summers evening with beer was just wonderful. We can walk there. Brilliant.
    Saw OMD supporting Simple Minds in the 90’s at MK Bowl. Not a fan by any stretch, but I really enjoyed them, and Andy McClusky (?) comes across well as a front man. 

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73141
    The Boss at Murrayfield in May.
    Snap! Luckily MrsICBM is a huge fan and had pre-registered when it was first announced, so we got the tickets - not even brilliant ones, although not too bad - for a price which didn't require selling one of our kids.

RocknRollDave said:

Saw OMD supporting Simple Minds in the 90’s at MK Bowl. Not a fan by any stretch, but I really enjoyed them, and Andy McClusky (?) comes across well as a front man. 
    They headlined Let's Rock (an odd name for an 80s retro festival which is mostly pop, but whatever...) last year and were worth the price of the ticket alone.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Tedeschi Trucks on Wednesday.
  • ICBM said:
    The Boss at Murrayfield in May.
    Snap! Luckily MrsICBM is a huge fan and had pre-registered when it was first announced, so we got the tickets - not even brilliant ones, although not too bad - for a price which didn't require selling one of our kids.
    Aye, I pinched my mum's 02 phone number and account to pretend I was an O2 subscriber in order to blag my way onto the O2 Priority presale. Wanted to be in the standing sections near the front, but was about 0.0005 seconds late logging onto the queue and they'd all sold. Managed to get half-decent seats at relatively non-scandalous prices. 

(Though tbh, all A-lister stadium gigs have pretty eye-watering prices even at the best of times! I'll never understand how some people afford to follow the likes of Bruce etc on tour and watch several shows each year - I'd be completely bankrupt!)
  • I won't be seeing any big name acts. The prices are astronomical and I hate giving money to those exploitative bastards at Ticketmaster.
  • I won't be seeing any big name acts. The prices are astronomical and I hate giving money to those exploitative bastards at Ticketmaster.
    Quite.
    ‘Dynamic pricing’ just seems so utterly wrong.

• JMS96JMS96 Frets: 142
    I’m always missing out on tickets for gigs that I’d like to go to. Where do you find out about who’s touring and when tickets go on sale?
  • JMS96 said:
    I’m always missing out on tickets for gigs that I’d like to go to. Where do you find out about who’s touring and when tickets go on sale?
    If there's a particular band/artist you really want to see then just check their official website regularly, as all their tour dates and links to approved ticket vendors will be on there in.

Also, sign up to the mailing list of whatever your nearest gig venues are in your area, and you should be kept up to date with who's gonna be playing nearby.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5521
    Death Cab For Cutie and The Slow Readers Club so far only...

Thinking about maybe doing The Midnight as well but saw them last time they were through London just last year - great show - but as mentioned, gig prices are getting crazy. The bands herein are all fairly reasonable compared to the heritage acts but I'm just not up for going out like I was pre-pandemic - not sure if that's because of or in spite of the Covid thing.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    My fave band ever (Pendragon) are doing a mega weekend in May. Day one they are playing their last album in its entirety, day two a classic album of theirs in its entirety. They are also playing old material and fav favourites as well as an acoustic set plus a Q&A session.

All sounds amazing to me, but I'm not sure if I can go, as it's a million miles away in Morcambe! The train is too expensive, I would normally just do the looooong drive up but I tore a muscle in my leg 3 months ago and I can still only drive for 30 minutes before pain sets in. 

So .... waiting to see if my leg improves over the next few months ....
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24897
    Nothing booked.

I'd like to get down to Ronnie Scott's a couple of times next year though.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1373
    edited November 2022
    My collection of 2023 tickets is steadily increasing particularly for March.

February :  Mogwai.

March   :  Fergus McCreadie
                     :  K T Tunstall
                     :  Opera North (The Cunning Little Vixen)
                     :  Opera North (Tosca)

June       : Opera North (The Pearl Fishers)

Hopefully Luciano Ligabue sometime - I should have been going to a much delayed 2020 Tour gig last Monday, but it was postponed the day before the gig, because some of the band had tested positive for Covid. (Since originally writing this, I've been emailed the new date for this gig in mid January 2023.)

Wouldn't mind joining @Whitecat in seeing The Slow Readers Club - saw them on their last tour for the first time, and really enjoyed the gig. Unfortunately their 2023 doesn't include the North East this time, and the nearest gig is in Leeds, which is just doable though a 220 mile round trip by car, and I'm going to another gig the night before their Leeds gig.
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5216
    I've bought tickets for Maiden and that about it so far. 
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 856
    edited November 2022
    2023 is looking good for touring bands so I have already booked -

Elvana (Elvis and Nirvana cover band)
    Paramore
    Kenny Wayne Shepherd 
    Bruce Juice (Bruce Springsteen cover band)
    Def Leppard and Motley Crue 
    Hundred Reasons/Hell is for Heroes

Will probably book
    Hayseed Dixie
    Beth Hart
    Joe Satriani
    Peter Kay

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1492
    Only got Hundred Reasons/Hell is for Heroes booked so far for next year....but after journeying back to Rock City for the first time in years last night to watch Deaf Havana, I've definitely got the itch back for more live music next year. 

• Really looking forward to Muse / Royal Blood right here in Huddersfield. 

Can literally walk to the gig! 
    Also got tickets for that gig.

Seeing The Lathums at Sheffield after being impressed by them supporting Kasabian in Manchester.

If Dirty Honey tour again it’s pretty likely I’ll pay up. I’d also really like to see Larkin Poe since I missed their last UK dates, although they look to be doing US and Australia as far as current dates go. The Darkness are still on my list to see but the ticket price put me off.
    And just like that Dirty Honey tickets acquired!
  • Marcus King
     Blackberry Smoke
     Robert Jon & The Wreck

Just going to look at Dirty Honey, didn’t know they were touring!