Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Singers' voices you cayn't stayund...

What's Hot

Comments

• That guy from the Chilli Peppers.

I can never quite get Miles Kennedy either, and Dave Grohl annoys me a bit sometimes (especially that opening line "I've got another confession to make". 

Good call with Heather Small (that was her in M People wasn't it)....Arrgghh my ears!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10415
    Adele's big honking voice really grated on me on her first album to a point where I just couldn't listen to her but she really improved on her second.I even managed to listen to it all the way through.

Once.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Did anyone mention Sarah Cracknell?  If not I would like to say Sarah Cracknell?  If someone has already mentioned her pissy whiney voice then I would like to second their suggestion of Sarah Cracknell.  If a couple of wise people have already mentioned that listen to Sarah Cracknell's voice is slightly less pleasurable that drilling holes in your penis with a 1" wood bit then I would like to agree with their suggestion of Sarah Cracknell.  If a whole bunch of people have already suggested the 'post being winded by a bigger boy from year 5' gutless delivery of Sarah Cracknell then I will continue to hold out hope that one day Sarah Cracknell may stop and estate agents and banker are forced to look elsewhere before claiming they are really into indie and dance music by purchasing anything baring Sarah Cracknell's name.

Also I really can't stick Sarah Cracknell.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    I like Anastacia and Billy Corgan.

Never heard that album but will seek it out and give it a go.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • That guy the The Lighthouse Family

jeeeeeeeesus wept

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited September 2014
    ...Amy Winehouse
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73083
    edited September 2014
    Adele's big honking voice really grated on me on her first album to a point where I just couldn't listen to her but she really improved on her second.
    I don't really like her first album (except for the Dylan cover) but I do like the second one. Her voice is miles better and the songs are too. I even like Skyfall, which I know got a lot of criticism for her pronounciation…

close2u said:
    No mention of Axl Rose yet?

Just awful.
    Hmm, and I had almost managed to blank him out entirely until your helpful post…

:)

That guy the The Lighthouse Family

jeeeeeeeesus wept

It really is amazing how something so bland and inoffensive can be so annoying, isn't it? Although I'm not sure it's just his voice, the whole band just wants to make me commit violence, preferably on them.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1533
    Mel C
    Olly Murs
    Robbie Williams

That guy the The Lighthouse Family

jeeeeeeeesus wept on the 3rd day as he was Lifted!

• David Gray

• I know this will have shot down in flames, but I genuinely don't like Eddie Vedder's voice. Sorry.

• Another possibly controversial one: Stevie Wonder

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10415
    The one and only Mariah Carey.

Like nails down a blackboard
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    edited September 2014
    Jon Bon Jovi

Beyonce/Whitney Houston/Mariah Carey etc etc

Shakira
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • Ooh - I forgot - Roger Waters....
  • That bloke in Kings of Leon.
    %-(
    Link to my trading feedback
    I know this will have shot down in flames, but I genuinely don't like Eddie Vedder's voice. Sorry.
    I genuinely don't like Pearl Jam at all. I know I "should", but I've tried several times and I just don't. Although I don't like Nirvana either, so possibly there is a pattern there. (But I very much acknowledge that they were a hugely important band, and I'm quite influenced by Kurt's guitar playing.)

Another possibly controversial one: Stevie Wonder
    Agreed too… there are three of his songs I like - Higher Ground, Superstition and Master Blaster - but the rest just grate.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM;360347" said:
    the rest just grate.
    Even 'Lately'? It reduces me to tears - in a 'good' way - pretty much everytime I hear it. An exquisite vocal to my ears.

I was tempted to edit my quote of yours to read:

"the rest? Just great...."
    Even 'Lately'?
    Yes, especially that. Sets my teeth on edge. Odd that it's on the same album as Master Blaster...

• I'm going to have to go with James LaBrie. It's like an out of tune, warbly ice pick to the ears...
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1343
    Florence (of her and the machine) - the yodelling......it's intolerable and otherwise just shrill and scratchy.