Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Singers' voices you cayn't stayund...

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• KarlosKarlos Frets: 512
    edited September 2014
    Bob Dylan.
    My father-in-law loves him. Seen him loads of times. I thought he was gonna revoke his blessing for me to marry his daughter when I told him I could not stand Dylan.

Professor Green
    He is proof that there is no god...or proof that there is a god and that Green is simply the devils work.

Lana Del Ray
    She is the musical equivalent of industrial strength valium. She could induce a coma.

(the artist formerly known as KarlosSantos)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Gaz Coombs

Katatonia

Heather Small

• Bob Dylan.
    My father-in-law loves him. Seen him loads of times. I thought he was gonna revoke his blessing for me to marry his daughter when I told him I could not stand Dylan.

Professor Green
    He is proof that there is no god...or proof that there is a god and that Green is simply the devils work.

Lana Del Ray
    She is the musical equivalent of industrial strength valium. She could induce a coma.

with Professor Green I feel I'm so far off understanding the point of what he is doing that I don't know if he is doing it well or not. And Dizzee Rascal. It's just some bloke talking nonsense to me - but I'm a middle aged white man so I guess if I don't like it then it's working.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73082
    I like the Professor Green song with Emilie Sandé on the choruses, but not anything else he's done. I suspect that being angry about his upbringing isn't enough to sustain a songwriting career, but I could be wrong.

I love Lana Del Rey's voice, and a lot of her songs - but she was truly dreadful at Glastonbury, and I wouldn't pay to see her live.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    I think the worst voice I had ever heard was Vic Fuentes of Pierce the veil.
    Bizarrely, I know think he's one of the better vocalists out there. He's really grown on me. He has a bizarre vocal range though, have a listen to Bulletproof Love or King for a day and see what I mean.
    KFAD is featuring Kellin Quinn, who also has a high vocal range that I grew to liking. 
    I'm finding it hard to think of vocalists I really can't stand, I really like Oli Sykes at the moment. But I'm pretty sure Bucket can't stand him. 
    I do think Myles Kennedy was crap with Alter Bridge though, far better with Slash. 

'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    One I forgot - Gwen Stefani.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 562
    Kieth Allen's daughter,

• dindudedindude Frets: 8574
    Can't fucking abide Haim, someone should tell them that modelling their sound on the Shooting Stars Club Singer style is not cool.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Ceeee Lo Green. Forget You is a perfectly good song but farkinell there's some painful moments in it, vocally

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73082
    Ceeee Lo Green. Forget You is a perfectly good song but farkinell there's some painful moments in it, vocally
    I really like that. More surprising - pretty much uniquely that I can think of - the 'clean version' they play on the radio is better than the 'proper version' with naughty sweary words on the album. It's a cleverer song and the rhythm fits better with 'forget' - the other version just sounds childish, if anything!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• I mentioned this earlier in the thread but having now heard George Ezra's latest single, I REALLY hate his voice. He honestly sounds like the love child of Rick Astley and Gary Stringer from Reef...