Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Adults afraid of their children?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    edited October 2014
    Iamnobody said:

Firstly you are jumping to defensive conclusions @frankus.

maybe, I'm not convinced by this reply.

Secondly did you not see the wink smiley and my use of the 'c' word which harks back to a previous thread?

um no I didn't and I wouldn't know what it harked back to.

Do you really think I believe people should be sterilised? Ok maybe one or two!

no why do you ask?

What else...

I must apologise that my command of the English language falls short of you own - clearly I meant learn from mistakes. Although I think my version may be an accepted turn of phrase as well? I'm certain it's one that is commonly used in the north.

Ah an idiomatic phrase used by a person of the north.. which I'd have no experience of coming from the oppostite end of the geographical spectrum ... here in London ... and having no knowledge of the North ... family or years spent there ;) (that's a winky signifying I'm not calling you a barmpot).

Perhaps my use of the word extreme was inappropriate - let's agree on significantly different opinions - at opposite ends of the spectrum maybe?

means the same thing.

In addition I haven't labelled you or the OP (although I do note your use of the wink smiley). But you Sir have indirectly labelled me a bigot and someone who is passively aggressive - well done.

No, if you're accusing me of self identifying - because you happened to rock up in a thread and create labels for no reason for two factions that hadn't really been involved in the thread, then you've got to accept you're self-identifying my "man-in-the-middle attack" -- you can't have your cake and eat it.

You've also alluded that you don't respect me - that's fine as I'm not seeking your approval or your respect.

Only if you're still fixed on being that "Man in the middle" - which'd be odd if it was all entirely allegorical ... Are you ideologically dead centre? Or were soem of the other past-times familiar?

I'm humbled that YOU are offering me the chance to learn from my mistake. Obviously your own self-aggrandizement allows you to offer me that opportunity?

How is that a question?

As they say opinions are like arse-holes...or should that be from arse-holes!

No, I don't think so, also sometimes the things people discuss are experiences, research, musings and questions. What Harry Callahan was getting at is some people believe opinion is as useful as actual information.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6942
    Ok @frankus I'm bowing out ungracefully.

In some of your posts you come across as someone who is a massive fucking bell-end intent on belittling others.

We've clashed and it's best to draw a line here.
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Fucking kids.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Fucking kids.
    Is just one of my hobbies...
    My V key is broken
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6942
    holnrew;368132" said:
    chillidoggy said:

Fucking kids.

Careful - Stinson Hunter might add you to his hit list...

Previously known as stevebrum
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited October 2014

Rocker. Two, three or four things. 

The modern style of parenting is to let the kid scream it out, ignore them or get them to stand in the naughty corner. 

Toddlers will always be toddlers and a total nightmare by design. 

Can you imagine the reaction if a mother slapped her toddler I public?  Social services would almost certainly be called and these days, that results in your child being taken away for a fair bit. 

Many kids these days seem to have some sort of ADHD or whatever, apparently brought on by a lack of decent gut bacteria, due to being raised in Dettol.

And another point.  The sole reason of having kids, if there is any, is to extend the gene pool.  That is it.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    holnrew said:
    Fucking kids.
    Sounds like the title of a Megadeth album.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    Sambostar said:

Rocker. Two, three or four things. 

Many kids these days seem to have some sort of ADHD or whatever, apparently brought on by a lack of decent gut bacteria, due to being raised in Dettol.

Hadn't heard this before, where'd you hear that?

'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Sambostar said:

Toddlers will always be toddlers and a total nightmare by design. 

And research that shows kids who don't get to scream it out as toddlers are more likely to turn to drugs.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137

When I was a kid we didn't get to scream it out, if we did we got a clip round the ear, and I don't remember any of my contemporaries turning to drugs, apart from the odd bit of blow and beer. I can only imagine this is a more recent trend due to the prevalence of recreational drugs.

• I remember as a kids, I'd actually rather get a quick smack rather than being shouted at for hours on end.
    Short sharp shock, I learn't my lesson and moved on.

The biggest lesson I have learnt about parenting is. "If you are going to loose it, walk away"
    Kids can bring out the worse and best in you.
    Thankfully despite being Autistic my kids are reasonable well behaved in public (other than demanding stuff all the time).

But as my mum always says, her parents screwed her up, she screwed me up and I'll screw my kids up. ;)
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15905

we don't have kids to screw up, so we have to make do with other peoples kids and boy, you should hear the outrage when you try to send one to bed without any dinner or give one a smack cos they're playing up in the supermarket.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I remember as a kids, I'd actually rather get a quick smack rather than being shouted at for hours on end.
    Short sharp shock, I learn't my lesson and moved on.

The biggest lesson I have learnt about parenting is. "If you are going to loose it, walk away"
    Kids can bring out the worse and best in you.
    Thankfully despite being Autistic my kids are reasonable well behaved in public (other than demanding stuff all the time).

But as my mum always says, her parents screwed her up, she screwed me up and I'll screw my kids up. ;)
    Thank goodness for the word "up"
    My V key is broken
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    VimFuego said:

we don't have kids to screw up, so we have to make do with other peoples kids and boy, you should hear the outrage when you try to send one to bed without any dinner or give one a smack cos they're playing up in the supermarket.

I'm concerned. You've calmed down. What's wrong with l;ocking them in the coal bunker these days?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15905
    the whole countywide man hunt with sniffer dogs and helicopters with infra cameras kinda put a crimp in that.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Lock them in someone else's coal bunker. Do I have to think of everything?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16439
    mike_l said:
    Lock them in someone else's coal bunker. Do I have to think of everything?

bloody modern central heating, leading to bad behaviour in children. :(
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom