Where best for a professional guitar valuation?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• PetepassionPetepassion Frets: 991
    Lovely stuff and good turnaround. 

But it's dying for a Custom Made thingy over the stoptail holes...  
    I have one, just never got round to putting it on. The first clean it's had in over three years was by ATB yesterday  :s
    ‘It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society’
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12506
    Lovely stuff and good turnaround. 

But it's dying for a Custom Made thingy over the stoptail holes...  
    I have one, just never got round to putting it on. The first clean it's had in over three years was by ATB yesterday  :s
    Frankly, I love it just as it is.  Gorgeous.
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6308
    £16,500? Exactly what they are asking for the '65 Bigsby-ed ES-335, which has had an all-over refin and several unoriginal parts. Hmmm...
    goldtop said:
    £16,500? Exactly what they are asking for the '65 Bigsby-ed ES-335, which has had an all-over refin and several unoriginal parts. Hmmm...
    Yeah, you have a point there.
       I did ask him three prices, one for insurance, one to sell privately and also how much would they give me for it?
       They only mentioned the first two prices. Maybe he kept the price on the ’’low’ side just in case I did decide to sell.
       But at the end of the day, it’ll probably be my guitar for the rest of my years, so other than valuing for insurance purposes it doesn’t matter too much.
    ‘It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society’
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6308
    Given that you paid £150/hr for the service, it'd be interesting to know their ... (thinks of sensible word) ... motivation.

FWIW, Reverb.com prices are 35k, 46k (sky high, of course). And gbase has $33k, $30k, $26k, $24k.

I think it's fairer to say £20k.
    Yeah, I know what you're saying.
    Oddly enough my mate deals in antiques and the odd guitar, and he said £20k.
    Still, doubled in value in just over three years can't be bad.
    Maybe I should get another valuation just in case it does go walkies.