Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Marr’s Guitars

What's Hot

Comments

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9803
    How is amazon for book shipping in the UK these days? Do things turn up in good condition? 

Out here they've sent several books in plastic bags recently. Always dented...
    Thinking about this, I can’t remember the last time I bought a book from amazon… when they started that’s all I bought from them! I later started buying the occasional obscure cd that wasn’t in my favourite record shop. Last few things I bought from amazon were a digital hygrometer, a tv remote control, a torch, logs for my pizza oven, and a digital luggage scale (for weighing guitars of course). But anyway, books usually come in sturdy cardboard envelopes these days.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27892
    How is amazon for book shipping in the UK these days? Do things turn up in good condition? 

Thinking about this, I can’t remember the last time I bought a book from amazon… when they started that’s all I bought from them! I later started buying the occasional obscure cd that wasn’t in my favourite record shop. Last few things I bought from amazon were a digital hygrometer, a tv remote control, a torch, logs for my pizza oven, and a digital luggage scale (for weighing guitars of course). But anyway, books usually come in sturdy cardboard envelopes these days.
    Ta. That's probably worth a go then. We're scarce on bookshops here and while we have one great one (Kinokuniya - absolutely awesome, like a Japanese Foyles ) everything there is always at RRP or even above
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9727
    Saw the book in Waterstones yesterday - £45.

Pre order on Amzon - £33.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    It was £40 when I ordered it, but amazon have some sort of price guarantee if the price drops before it’s out.
  • willowillo Frets: 399
    I have a signed copy coming as part of the Guardian live event this Tuesday - very excited!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • How is amazon for book shipping in the UK these days? Do things turn up in good condition? 

As shite as ever. Just chucked in a box same as everything else, sadly. 

Its one of the only customer facing things that Amazon do badly IMO. 
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12559
    It's arrived!

JMG.jpg 1M
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27892
    Mine hasn't arrived but has dispatched. I'm already feeling GASSY though... 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JMS96JMS96 Frets: 142
    I’ll be at his talk tonight in Islington. Pre ordered the book to pick up.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    JMS96 said:
    Be interested to hear your review of the talk!
  • JMS96 said:
    Nice...you might need a cab home: it's a big old thing...I haven't got a bookcase big enough!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Mine was going to be delivered tomorrow, but I’m in the office. Have to wait until Friday now!
  • JMS96 said:
    I was also at the talk last night. Great night, and lots of guitar playing. I particularly like the rendition of New Order's Regret, which was recorded on his red LP. Also got confirmation that the Noel LP is a 1953 conversion, not an original 1960 as is often claimed. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10916
    I think I'll get it. The McCartney '64 photos book is on spesh on Amazon too, maybe I'll get both 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10916
    cgumtree said:
    JMS96 said:
    I was also at the talk last night. Great night, and lots of guitar playing. I particularly like the rendition of New Order's Regret, which was recorded on his red LP. Also got confirmation that the Noel LP is a 1953 conversion, not an original 1960 as is often claimed. 
    Of course he had a guitar with him. Might be just a little bit jealous now! :-)
  • JMS96JMS96 Frets: 142
    Offset said:
    It was great. I’ve always liked Johnny Marr - found him open and engaging, and love his guitar playing. I would say possibly less engaging in this setting (or it sounded like he could have had a cold), but definitely came across as a lovely guy as usual. Didn’t hear many new stories but highlights were a good discussion on what it means to be a Ric player, and his love of LPs. Best thing was that he played more Smiths riffs than you’ll ever get at a Johnny Marr gig. Went through quite a few of them and he sounded f*cking awesome.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    JMS96 said:
    Offset said:
    It was great. I’ve always liked Johnny Marr - found him open and engaging, and love his guitar playing. I would say possibly less engaging in this setting (or it sounded like he could have had a cold), but definitely came across as a lovely guy as usual. Didn’t hear many new stories but highlights were a good discussion on what it means to be a Ric player, and his love of LPs. Best thing was that he played more Smiths riffs than you’ll ever get at a Johnny Marr gig. Went through quite a few of them and he sounded f*cking awesome.
    I'm uber-envious :-(
  • JMS96 said:
    Nice...you might need a cab home: it's a big old thing...I haven't got a bookcase big enough!
    Offset said:
    I'm uber-envious :-(
    So he did get a cab home?!!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I was there too, and lucky enough to meet him while we were queuing up. The loveliest man, my guitar hero, and it was a fascinating discussion. 

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom