Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Marr’s Guitars

What's Hot

Comments

• It was livestreamed too, but a tenner for a livestream of Johnny Marr possibly telling stories I’ve heard before didn’t appeal.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • elstoofelstoof Frets: 2598
    I know he’s had a few guitars but fuck me this book is massive
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • willowillo Frets: 399
    I got the livestream and signed book as a gift; I really enjoyed it. I thought it was interesting how much him saying about 'leaving the Smiths was not something he was happy about' threw him; its clearly complicated when your words get picked over. But he's a great guy and I enjoyed it a lot. I'm hoping that if I turn up at enough livestreams he'll send me a 60s Les Paul. I wouldn't smash it on a gig-goer, I can promise that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • elstoof said:
    I know he’s had a few guitars but fuck me this book is massive
    When they said it was a coffee table book, I didn't know you were supposed put legs on it!
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9803
    How is amazon for book shipping in the UK these days? Do things turn up in good condition? 

Out here they've sent several books in plastic bags recently. Always dented...
    Mine arrived today and yes, there’s a dent on the front cover with a matching dent in the flimsy and loose carboard box. Difficult to complain when it’s been discounted by £7 and delivered free so not surprising it’s been tossed around recklessly by disgruntled, underpaid and overworked employess. Thanks for that, capitalism. Only fingernail-sized, but bloody annoying - I’ve been waiting for it since June! 

I’ll think of it as a Journeyman Relic… books are meant to be pulled off shelves and read.
  • PabcranePabcrane Frets: 491
    One small thing that stood out to me was how battered some of his newish Jags are compared to his old guitars
  • Pabcrane said:
    One small thing that stood out to me was how battered some of his newish Jags are compared to his old guitars
    The paintwork was a bit notorious on the JM Jags!
  • willowillo Frets: 399
    Pabcrane said:
    What's also interesting is how many of his poly guitars demonstrate wear to the paintwork, considering all the myths. Same thing is true of Graham Coxon's Tele Deluxes.
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4079
    Pabcrane said:
    And he’s gigging them solid.
    Looks like the Guardian live event is now up on YouTube.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Pabcrane said:
    certainly on the orange and white ones. The paint literally fell off those but his yellow is very worn. His hardware 'aging' looks quite amateurish on some of them so could be a hint of aging. 
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7336
    edited October 2023
    He’s as good as it gets as far as I’m concerned. Watching it (the tps thing) reminded me quite how perfect the Dashboard riff is too; total perfection. Need to learn it, really. 
  • KylefKylef Frets: 1088
    Mine has arrived. Hopefully going to get round to watching TPS episode later.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Kylef said:
    Mine has arrived. Hopefully going to get round to watching TPS episode later.

If this is some kind of competition, then I win. I watched the Johnny Marr TPS episode with Marr's Guitars on the coffee table in front of me, my Johnny Marr Jaguar next to me on the sofa, and I was wearing a Playland tour t-shirt and my Johnny Marr "Rishi" shoes! 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Looks like the Guardian live event is now up on YouTube.
    Watched...thanks for that.
  • Good to see he always makes an arse of This Charming Man too 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Good to see he always makes an arse of This Charming Man too 
    Love JM, but yeah sometimes he seems rather unconfident playing riffs that were clearly quite reliant on multitracking to ‘pop’…
  • Well I finally got my amazon refund on Tuesday. 

And the book finally arrived yesterday! It's good!!!!! 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • KylefKylef Frets: 1088
    Is Noel following suit and releasing a “Gallagher’s Guitars”?? 

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12630
    Pabcrane said:
    I believe Murphy labs were involved...
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom