SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

1970 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop for sale

What's Hot

Comments

• shugzshugz Frets: 774
    GibSun bump for a Norlinscruff.

H

www.proudhoney.com

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    OldGold still here :)

H

www.proudhoney.com

Goldtop still here, if anyone's got a rustbucket Alfa Romeo then I might consider a trade.

A 155 Silverstone in concours condition is perfectly acceptable.......

H

www.proudhoney.com

GT still available.

Cheers 
    Hugh

www.proudhoney.com

Friday bump for some OldGold.

H

www.proudhoney.com

• How on earth is this still available. It would be an absolute dream LP for me, but sadly the time just isn’t right. 
    Thanks kindly. I mustn't be part of the groovy gang here anymore and smell and no one likes me ;) :)

I won't be entirely heartbroken if this stays but I think it is time to move it along.

Cheers for the kind comment,
    H

www.proudhoney.com

• LodiousLodious Frets: 1989
    Tom Murphy wants this sold. It’s making his work look bad. 

Beautiful guitar.
  • CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 891
    edited June 2023
    Just to say Proud Honey is a tune !!!! Seriously as good as any Rival Sons track. 

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

@Lodious thank you very much. Tis a good study in natural wear as opposed to the razor blades :)

@Cookiemonster thank you kindly - huge RS fan here and the track on the PH album Maslow's Dolls is inspired a little by RS' 'Face of Light'. LP here is featured near the end of the tune.

https://open.spotify.com/track/63ut15LXi5x5dVongPxen8?si=0DjEWQ2IRY6fuGBWJE9i1Q

Cheers 
    Hugh

www.proudhoney.com

• CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 891
    edited June 2023
    shugz said:
    @Lodious thank you very much. Tis a good study in natural wear as opposed to the razor blades

@Cookiemonster thank you kindly - huge RS fan here and the track on the PH album Maslow's Dolls is inspired a little by RS' 'Face of Light'. LP here is featured near the end of the tune.

https://open.spotify.com/track/63ut15LXi5x5dVongPxen8?si=0DjEWQ2IRY6fuGBWJE9i1Q

Cheers 
    Hugh
    Thanks for the link. Got the album on now. All sounds incredible. Seriously how are you not having huge listens to these songs. Fallen Star reminds me of an Oasis song, but can’t quite work out which one. 

I am going to see Rival Sons this year, the new album is fantastic. 

That Face of Light album is great. 

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

@Cookiemonster yer being too kind. Ah we tried but as per like many it came to a big fat nought. Signed 2 equally useless record deals too!

FS is 'Turn Up The Sun' - that was a total inspo/ rip off for us there. Actually the Goldtop again is the main guitar on that.

I think I prefer RS earlier stuff albeit I know these clichés are easy to trot out. Love the tune Memphis Sun :)

Thanks again 
    H

www.proudhoney.com

• shugz said:
    @Cookiemonster yer being too kind. Ah we tried but as per like many it came to a big fat nought. Signed 2 equally useless record deals too!

FS is 'Turn Up The Sun' - that was a total inspo/ rip off for us there. Actually the Goldtop again is the main guitar on that.

I think I prefer RS earlier stuff albeit I know these clichés are easy to trot out. Love the tune Memphis Sun :)

Thanks again 
    H
    I do like the early songs but Rapture is a proper tune. 

And in regards to turn up the sun, Noel probably borrowed it anyway. 

I think TUTS is an Andy Bell tune when Noem started giving up space on albums :) another great writer/ player.

Another RS tune is Manifest Destiny (1 and 2), epic stuff.

H

www.proudhoney.com

• Ah shugz said:
    I think TUTS is an Andy Bell tune when Noem started giving up space on albums :) another great writer/ player.

Another RS tune is Manifest Destiny (1 and 2), epic stuff.

H
    yes your right, it’s funny I think Gem and Andy wrote the more standard Oasis type tunes. I think for example Hung in a bad place is a Gem one and that’s one of my favourites. 

Manifest Destiny is definitely great. That’s in Heads Down. Until the sun comes is quite different on that album, very kinks and poppy. 

Btw I am interested in your guitar, I just have to convince myself that I can spend that sort of money. But it’s a big birthday this year and if I don’t get on with it I am sure it will sell on. As you can tell I am bargaining with myself here. 

Would be very interested to hear any new music you are working on 

Loved 'A Bell Will Ring' by Gem - the irony of him writing that instead of the actual A Bell makes me chuckle.

Yeah MD is such a favourite here, proper good classic rock without the beer belly and bad clothes. Love it.

I'd retired really from playing - the music biz was grateful - but a good friend, Paul Hipson asked me to play on his tunes and we kicked on a bit from that with a couple of albums and good few singles. It's on Spotify and Instagram under the name 'Hippy'. 

www.instagram.com/hippy.music 

The Goldtop hasn't seen much use in that project but through no fault of its own. As a player I've possibly moved away from Gibsons and a lot of the tones on Hippy are Strats, Gretsches and my Martin D35.

If you need any info on the guitar just holler. It is genuinely nice and will be a sad day it going but if it goes to someone that'll appreciate it and use it then I'm all for it.

H

www.proudhoney.com

• BGGBGG Frets: 699
    What a stunner. 
    10lbs would kill by bad shoulder though  :/
    #thebatesmotelband
    That's what Strats are for :)

It's actually not too bad this, definitely a 10lb'er though but sits well and doesn't really feel that heavy but I take your point it ain't ultra light.

H

www.proudhoney.com

Tuesday bump for a bitta Gold :)

H

www.proudhoney.com

• BGGBGG Frets: 699
    shugz said:
    Tuesday bump for a bitta Gold :)

H