SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Both sold - Eastman T58/v and Eastman T64/v

What's Hot
DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
edited May 2023 in Guitars £
Coming to a layby, deserted park or woodland, public convenience or dogging area near to you soon.....

I only bought these a couple of weeks ago, but a decision to put some cash into a new website for my business has meant that I have to move a couple on. I have a lovely ES-335 '58 VOS that I'm hoping to hang onto, so I thought I'd sacrifice this pair, although we'll see....

Eastmn T64/v first then. I recently sold one and regretted it, so was on the hunt for one and the excellent @Kristo had this beauty for sale, so I ventured across to Beccles (which for anyone from the Midlands and North is near Holland) and bought it. Lovely guitar - I like Eastmans a lot, and also have a fairly rare T58/v which I doubt I'll be parting with any time soon. Well, this week, which is the same thing really. My logic is that I can find another T64/v fairly readily. Logic. Lol.

It's got that lovely (to me anyway) Eastman mild relicing and the Lollar P90's are so sweet. It's so light that I have to put a feather on it just to stop it floating away. What can I say? Nothing wrong with it at all, it's got a very nice Eastman hard case with it and it plays ever so nicely, with a low action, which plenty of adjustment either way.

£1050 - won't post but don't mind delivering unless you're near Holland. Well, anyway - talk to me about that. Anyone that's ever had anything to do with me knows that I don't mind getting in a car and meeting somewhere seedy. Or you can come to my house. That's probably seedier than most of my meeting places.

Next is another guitar recently acquired, although probably not a 'forum' guitar - it's a Korean built Epiphone Emperor Regent, built at the Unsung factory in 2007. To the best of my knowledge, Epiphone used Peerless, Samick and Unsung to build their Korean built Emperor Regents. I've had models from all three and I can say tthat this model is on a par with even the best Peerless examples. A bit of an Unsung hero, in fact. Ahem.

I bought this (as it's already had a pickup upgrade) with a view of getting a Charlie Christian pickup fitted with a wild notion of somehow sounding like Charlie Christian. It stands as much chance as a Lucille making me sound like BB King.  But - it's got what appears to be a Seymour Duncan Benedetto S-6 suspended pickup with it AND the original should you so wish. The pickup sounds warm, bluesy and jazzy, which is what it's supposed to sound like, I suppose. It's in beautiful condition, apart from a couple of holes in the pickguard where a vampire attacked it at the Whitby Jazz Festival one night. Or it could be from the original pickup, I suppose.

It's also got it's original branded Epiphone hard case, and very nice quality it is too.

£495 sounds reasonable, doesn't it? That's if you collect it - if I have to deliver it, well, it might be a few quid. Or not. We can have a chat. It plays nicely, stays in tune ever so well, and I think it looks great. I must have shrunk over the years as it feels a bit big - it might look it on me as well, as my wife described the view as 'like a squirrel playing a double bass'. Bloody woman.

They're both on eBay for more money, so hopefully they'll appeal to a forum chum. I've got loads of pics, but here's two or three of each.

Call me Dave.
4reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• pruddprudd Frets: 682
    These Eastman T64's are extremely fine guitars, light and sweet acoustically, the Lollars are superb. Great price too
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8333
    Pictures aren’t working for me
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    Oh - that's strange. I copied and pasted from Imgur as usual - I can see it OK on my phone, iPad, Mac and PC but if anyone's having the same trouble, do let me know.
    Call me Dave.
  • CFHCFH Frets: 463
    DB1 said:
    Oh - that's strange. I copied and pasted from Imgur as usual - I can see it OK on my phone, iPad, Mac and PC but if anyone's having the same trouble, do let me know.
    Pics are working for me Dave :-)
  • theatreanchortheatreanchor Frets: 1687
    I can see them. 
  • KristoKristo Frets: 131
    “Near Holland”, that’s made me proper chuckle. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I’m on iphone, still can’t see them. 
    I found the Epiphone on eBay, looks fab. 
    edited May 2023
    Weird that. Just tried on my wife's iPhone and they're there. Mine's an android - phone, not wife, although....

Yes, they're both knocking about on eBay - as you say, the Epiphone does look fab. It must be the sixth that I've had - I've had a few Broadways as well - and they look pretty good value for money considering prices these days. As I mentioned earlier, I bought it for my 'inner Charlie Christian', and then I realised that I don't have one.

Call me Dave.
    Photos there now. Very weird
  • AmigoAmigo Frets: 120
    edited May 2023
    As a side note, I noticed that most of the new semi-hollows from Eastman had their nut width changed, including T184MX, T484, T59, T56, and T64 too, all to 1.72", before some had 1"11/16, some had 1"3/4.
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7451
    Those Eastmans are lovely , I remember playing one of your former ones Dave and it really rang.
  • thinline72thinline72 Frets: 88
    edited May 2023
    As a very happy owner of the one Dave sold and regretted, I can only double on how good these are. I'm now thinking of getting one with humbuckers.
    As a side note, I noticed that most of the new semi-hollows from Eastman had their nut width changed, including T184MX, T484, T59, T56, and T64 too, all to 1.72", before some had 1"11/16, some had 1"3/4.
    1.72" nut width was one of the reasons I wanted to give it a try! It's closer to acoustic/resonators, more suitable for slide etc. So I think it's actually a very good differentiator for Eastman which makes their guitars unique and appealing for some.
  • AmigoAmigo Frets: 120
    Couldn't find a date for the nut width change, but it is quite recent, months maybe.
  • thinline72thinline72 Frets: 88
    edited May 2023
    Amigo said:
    Couldn't find a date for the nut width change, but it is quite recent, months maybe.
    hah, this is a good point! I'm now not sure if I have 1.75" or 1.72"...

P.S. Sorry to OP, I realised it becomes off-topic!
    Mines a 2019 model, I think - serial number 13950617. Looks like mine is 1" 11/16, using my precision measuring equipment, which is a plastic ruler with little cartoon bears on it.

And @DrCornelius - yes, it did ring! It's now with @thinline72 - lovely guitar. This one rings as well - they're so light an resonant.

Call me Dave.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I have a T64V. It’s a. Awesome guitar, one of my absolute favourites. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2023
    Yep, absolutely lovely guitars. I've said it before - I've had about ten ES-330's, ranging from a 1960 model, 1968 long neck, '59 reissues, CS long necks, 2018 models, and I genuinely favour the Eastmans. I'm not on about 'this xxx is better than any Gibson', because I don't mean it like that and I'm not suggesting that they're 'better', but there's something about them that suits me better.
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 2081
    Nice looking! No,not your wife,the guitars. Although I'm sure Mrs DB1 is too,and far more expensive.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4820
    Have to admit to being extremely tempted by the T64.  Had one, didn't like the finish, sent it back. Idiot.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.