SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

eBay reduced final value fee offers

What's Hot

Comments

• ryanverbenaryanverbena Frets: 494
    jaymenon said:
    The next time one comes in, would you please forward it to me?  

I don't believe the actual links are personalised. It would take me to s sign-in page at which point I would sign in as myself - at that point I may (or may not) be allowed to avail of the offer…
    They are personalised mate. I spoke with eBay once because I'd clicked the "activate offer" link using the mobile app, which didn't work. Ended up selling a £1600 amp a few days later and was hit with a £206 fee. Called eBay, who were great btw, they refunded the fee in good faith.

During this discussion, they said the offer is linked to your account and must be activated by the account holder. 

I'd love to see a £1 fee pop up again, haven't had one of those in many years. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Calla85Calla85 Frets: 27
    Buying something off ebay tends to trigger the offer for me. Could just be a coincidence but notice I usually get sent the offer through the following week. 
  • jaymenonjaymenon Frets: 881
    Calla85 said:
    Buying something off ebay tends to trigger the offer for me. Could just be a coincidence but notice I usually get sent the offer through the following week. 
    Done that, and regularly too - no joy
  • ChimpankieChimpankie Frets: 380
    Whenever I want to sell something I ask support in the chat if they can help with a promotion, they always go ‘it’s automated sorry can’t do anything but thank you for using eBay and being a loyal customer, we are sure you’ll get one soon’ and then every single time I’ve had a 70% offer the following Friday. Haven’t had 80% or £1 offer for a long long time though. 
    That's very encouraging thank you @Chimpankie ;
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2485
    edited May 2023
    Here you go. There's a bit more but it's mostly what you need to know:

• robertyroberty Frets: 10921
    80% FVF promo fortnightly for me too
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chromatunachromatuna Frets: 375
    edited May 2023
    Frequent for me too. Beware though that if you use Buy It Now rather than an auction and it automatically relists after 30 days the fee offer is no longer applicable.
    This is the truth from hillbilly guitars!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Bats_Bats_ Frets: 80
    Keep an eye on www.hotukdeals.com they usually get posted on there a few days before you get them in any emails. 

I sometimes i don’t  even get emails and the offers still work when I have seen them on there. 
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4122
     I get the 80% off every few weeks
    Bats_ said:
    Keep an eye on www.hotukdeals.com they usually get posted on there a few days before you get them in any emails. 

I sometimes i don’t  even get emails and the offers still work when I have seen them on there. 
    That’s very helpful - thank you!
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 4089
    Nota thread for the classifieds, surely?
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3303
    Mine all stopped in February too.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6249
    edited May 2023
    fretfinder said:q
    I almost never receive eBay’s reduced fee offers, I’ve had maybe one or two in the last year and not used them. I also almost never sell anything on eBay. Are the two things connected I wonder?
    I think yes, probably. I get the offer every fortnight and have done so for months. I make a point of using it quite regularly on the basis: use it or lose it. It’s the only time I use eBay, I haven’t paid full fees for ages.
    Well I listed three things at stupidly high buy it now prices…

Hopefully that will trigger the offer :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I spoke to an eBay chat representative as I had been after the offer as well. Used to get them all the time but stopped listing for a few months and they disappeared. 

Told him I was moving so had lots of items to list this weekend or next. He told me I should have an offer code by next weekend and they are currently sending them out in 'bulk'. 

Whether it will come through or not, I don't know...
    It’s Friday - and still no joy…
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 864
    edited June 2023
    I consistently get these offers everything 3-4 weeks on a Friday, but nothing today so wouldn't read anything into that

Edit: I have had the offer today but hadn't checked my messages with ebay
  • I have the offer available on my account today
  • GemsdalsGemsdals Frets: 123
    I've received the offer today but its 70% off rather than the 80% I normally receive.