You know those guitars that are like, double guitars?

What's Hot
Switch625Switch625 Frets: 595
Saw this the other day and was drooling a little bit. The guy in the shop took it off display and handed it to what looked like a 18/19 year old to try out. He didn't buy it because it was back in the window later.

What's the price like? I'm guessing slightly above how much it would be available elsewhere.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2288
    Yeah, £6.5k does seem a bit overpriced.  You can get the Hotel California one here for a mere £5k.
    https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/pxp221013394986003-8800606--gibson-custom-shop-eds-1275-alpine-white-pre-owned-c
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SvartmetallSvartmetall Frets: 745
    Doublenecks are awesome fun - the Harley Benton one is surprisingly good quality if you're considering dipping your toe into the pool (it also has 22 frets which you can actually use, unlike the frankly not-very-well-thought-out Gibson design). 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29517
    Seems an odd idea. Simpler to just buy a 12-string and not hit the upper course. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7538
    I’d have thought you’d need to factor in the price of getting the ensuing back problems sorted as well?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6729
    Unless you’re in a Led Zep tribute show, I don’t really see the point.
    To be honest, even then, I don’t see the harm in playing the 12 string parts on a 6 string. 

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6432
    Unless you’re in a Led Zep tribute show, I don’t really see the point.
    To be honest, even then, I don’t see the harm in playing the 12 string parts on a 6 string. 
    No jangley sound, man !

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • SvartmetallSvartmetall Frets: 745
    Unless you’re in a Led Zep tribute
    Or Rush, Yes, Genesis, Eagles, Guns'n'Roses, John McLaughlin, Tesla etc etc etc 

Or you just fancy one cos they're fun :) I find I get lots of ideas messing about on mine, being able to switch between necks for different sounds at will is great.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • jca74jca74 Frets: 380
    Rick Nielsen wants to know where the other 3 went....

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28365
    As a teen I was in awe of this exact image. ROCK GODS!!!!!!!!

4reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6729
    Unless you’re in a Led Zep tribute
    Or Rush, Yes, Genesis, Eagles, Guns'n'Roses, John McLaughlin, Tesla etc etc etc 

Or you just fancy one cos they're fun :) I find I get lots of ideas messing about on mine, being able to switch between necks for different sounds at will is great.
    Yes, all those Teslas tributes out there, they definitely need them. Must be dozens in every city.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paganskinspaganskins Frets: 277
    The jaguar bass vi double neck I coincidentally saw earlier is the one I’d want, can’t do pics as I’m on mobile but looks good ergonomically. 

Also danelectro doubles for not weighing a tonne. 
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20046
    Switch625 said:
    Saw this the other day and was drooling a little bit. The guy in the shop took it off display and handed it to what looked like a 18/19 year old to try out. He didn't buy it because it was back in the window later.

What's the price like? I'm guessing slightly above how much it would be available elsewhere.

Ignoring the EDS 1275, that 1977 three pickup Custom is looking more like a bargain when looking at the way prices are heading.
    *Clue, it isn't yet ;)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73689
    Kittyfrisk said:

Ignoring the EDS 1275, that 1977 three pickup Custom is looking more like a bargain when looking at the way prices are heading.
    *Clue, it isn't yet ;)
    I think the third pickup is a mod. I'm not sure they did any 3-pickup models then apart from the Artisan, and to me it looks like the bridge pickup has a slightly different-shaped cover (squarer corners) with different gold plating from the other two, so I suspect the original bridge pickup is now in the middle.

I had one very like it (same colour too) which that had been done to - but that's not my old guitar because the owner after me fitted some kind of trem (not a Kahler) to it that involved routing, and I can't see any evidence of a filled hole, which I think would be visible even in that pic.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WhistlerWhistler Frets: 326
    ICBM said:
    I think the third pickup is a mod.
    Jan Akkerman and Peter Frampton have 3 pickup Les Pauls. Mods or not I have no idea.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20046
    ICBM said:
    Kittyfrisk said:

*Clue, it isn't yet ;)
    I think the third pickup is a mod. I'm not sure they did any 3-pickup models then apart from the Artisan, and to me it looks like the bridge pickup has a slightly different-shaped cover (squarer corners) with different gold plating from the other two, so I suspect the original bridge pickup is now in the middle.

I had one very like it (same colour too) which that had been done to - but that's not my old guitar because the owner after me fitted some kind of trem (not a Kahler) to it that involved routing, and I can't see any evidence of a filled hole, which I think would be visible even in that pic.
    Phew, I was worried you were going to say that the pickup toggle switch was wrong  :lol: 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 13059
    Switch625 said:
    He didn't buy it because it was back in the window later.

Of course not, Mr Burns took all the money with his slant-drilling operation...
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73689
    Whistler said:

Jan Akkerman and Peter Frampton have 3 pickup Les Pauls. Mods or not I have no idea.
    No, because theirs were made in the 1950s when it was the spec for Customs. When the Custom was reintroduced in 1968 it was with two pickups, and a maple cap like the Standard instead of the original all-mahogany body.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3451
    Switch625 said:
    Get yourself to Homebase...

• hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4446
    Fishboy7 said:
    Yeah, £6.5k does seem a bit overpriced.  You can get the Hotel California one here for a mere £5k.
    https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/pxp221013394986003-8800606--gibson-custom-shop-eds-1275-alpine-white-pre-owned-c
    Felder Rules
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4446
    Don’t Harley Benton do a double neck ?