Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The great Crumpet Debate of 2014

What's Hot

Comments

• KarlosKarlos Frets: 512
    Aye but .... holes up or holes down?
    How is "holes down" even a thing..?

That's like asking 'Tea - in a mug or in your hands'

Both will lead to a sticky mess down your top - especially if your name is 'Dawn'.

(the artist formerly known as KarlosSantos)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Put stuff in the holes!- its good advice for life.
    Folk who don't put stuff in the holes of their crumpet shouldn't survive to breed, so their numbers will dwindle within a generation, two as there are always folk who get things right despite their best efforts to do otherwise. 

Regarding the pinnacle of the bakers craft- I'm a butter first then peanut butter kinda guy. Preferably accompanied by a large glass of milk. 
    Some people may not agree, but that's just how I roll.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    Cheese and humous on a crumpet is an absolute treat.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I'm looking at the pictures and thinking those crumpets have two bottoms.
    My V key is broken
  • FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    I'm usually a buttered crumpet kind of guy, but I was introduced to the wonders of Nutella crumpets a few years ago.  The concept of putting that on a crumpet initially horrified me, but it is so incredibly good.

I'm pretty sure those 'crumpets' in the article linked are some foreign interpretation of what a crumpet is - there is much confusion worldwide.  Some places even call muffins crumpets.  Savages, the lot of them.
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    Funnily enough, Tracey Emin is looking less unpleasant now she's getting a bit older http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-29549536

I've just clicked on the link and now I feel sick. You need new specs, Phil. NOW!

• Funnily enough, Tracey Emin is looking less unpleasant now she's getting a bit older http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-29549536

I've just clicked on the link and now I feel sick. You need new specs, Phil. NOW!

This may be true. It's nearly 10 years since I last had my eyes tested ...
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Crumpets are, however, Crunk. 

They is the shizzle, fo rizzle.

Nice buttery... peanut buttery... maybe jammy... num num num
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1826

I have two crumpets most mornings before i leave the house.

I'm addicted !

• gubble said:

I have two crumpets most mornings before i leave the house.

I'm addicted !

I used to do that but I tired of it after a couple of years. Then it was boiled eggs, then it was bacon & egg. I think I should try to vary my breakfast ....
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 16477
    inspired by this thread I have just ordered a set of crumpet rings. If I can be arsed I shall report on their success or lack thereof.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4101

VimFuego said:
    inspired by this thread I have just ordered a set of crumpet rings. If I can be arsed I shall report on their success or lack thereof.
    Wow, I didn't even know it was possible to make home-made crumpets... but hey, why not.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12902
    Warburtons FTW. Holes up, buttered, with peanut butter or marmalade. Nom nom.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Holes up, butter and strawberry jam.

As for Dawn from accounts, don't go there, 3 weeks ago it was Des from accounts.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28397
    marg only and holes up of course! I also mega toast them so that they go crunchy.

To be honest, the ones on that web site don't even look like crumpets!!! They look more like fat scotch pancakes
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @axisus has a good point about how much you toast them. I don't like them soft & squidgy on the outside - I prefer them a little bit browned and slightly crunchy on the outside, and squidgy on the inside from all the butter that has melted down into the holes. Thye butter has to be best Anchor Original Properly Salted butter none of this PC salt-free crap.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I bought crumpets because of this thread. I will buy more later and some chocolate spread.
    My V key is broken
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2189
    all part of the cervix lads

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 16477
    is PC butter a brand? I always thought un salted butter was European.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140

I haven't had crumpets for ages, but I do remember taking it as some kind of challenge to see how much melted butter I could get one to soak up into the holes before I scoffed it.

Probably one of the reasons I'm a fat bastard.