Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The great Crumpet Debate of 2014

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16669
    Very tempted by the crumpet rings. Not that sure how often I'd use them and I don't need the calories but the results sound delish.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Influenced by this thread I picked up some crumpets the other day. I toasted them until they were just crispy, then let some butter melt into the holes and topped it with a dollop of blackcurrant preserve. How do I score with that combo?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Influenced by this thread I picked up some crumpets the other day. I toasted them until they were just crispy, then let some butter melt into the holes and topped it with a dollop of blackcurrant preserve. How do I score with that combo?
    Highly, except that if you'd just eaten it instead of putting it on top of your amplifier to keep it warm you'd have less gunk over your valves.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 16477
    edited October 2014

so, facebook moment here, think the ones on the left I did last, and which are a better shape etc. Pretty pleased, for a first attempt, not sure if I'll make any more though:

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4714
    you can't get crumpets in ireland, i used to have to ship em over for me mam
  • VimFuego said:

well, the rings arrived this morning so just made a batch. Bit of a faff (well, huge faff actually) but the results are far better than the shop bought stuff.

Did I say it was a bit of a faff?

well done Vim, we are crumpet mad and make own and yes they are a faff but it gets easier and hugely rewarding, not got a problem with ready made and that's what we have in the week but I always need a topping of some sort, garlic and herb roulade with a slice of chorizo is a fave of mine.. home made and its butter only.

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    They look really good!

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4101
    We need some crumpet photos for the lads, Vim.
    No!  I want MS Paint :)