Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Anybody else given up the booze for Stoptober?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3967
    Haha.

No.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DavidReesDavidRees Frets: 337

hi Decker,

just seen this so am offering up my solidarity over the no alcohol in October. I started on 2nd rather than the 1st as I thought I'd drink the fridge free of temptation...

decided to do it as sponsored thing for MacMillan Cancer so feel somewhat obliged to continue until the end

am cranky and bad tempered as a result so the world can go fuck itself for the next 20+ days as I continue to be an out and out cunt to everybody ... serves 'em right

On Saturday 1st November I intend to drink heavily as I return to the chilled out and polite 'normal' David

best of luck with your endeavours ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cacophonycacophony Frets: 385
    i stopped drinking on the 13th september 2014, not that i`m counting or anything, didn`t have a problem, just decided i`d try and stop for a while. it was a hell of a lot easier than i thought it`d be tbh. now after 13 months dry, i am occasionally tempted (like tonight) to get a couple of cans, BUT, the disappointment i`d feel after all this time, the sense of moral superiority and the right to go "tsk,,," when seeing others `the morning after` mean that i just can`t do it.

it has affected my sleeping habits, i go out like a light now, but get up at stupid o clock every day, even non-work days. this morning i was up and about just after 6. D`oh
  • FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    I shall be drinking as much alcohol this month as I do any other month.  Which is none!  :))

Actually, I lie - I had a singular pint of Guinness in August, which was my total for the year.  I had better be careful, don't want to go overboard and have two pints in a year!
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
  • cacophonycacophony Frets: 385
    just realised like a total berk i got the date wrong. i stopped the sauce on 13th sept 2013!!. maybe even i`m having difficulty believing it...
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10018
    I don't drink usually so I've decided to make October Startober, I've resolved to get absolutely shitfaced at every opportunity, paying a £5 fine for each day I do not resemble a particularly obliterated newt
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188

Stoptober did not go well this weekend. In fact it was the polar opposite of stoptober, more like a go-tober. I've decided to have weekends off from not drinking, I'm gonna be a strictly weekday teetotaller.

Also the kebab shop was rammed full on Friday night so I went to the chippy instead... in case you were wondering. 

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

... in case you were wondering. 

We weren't

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    CLASSIC DENIAL !!!

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

Denial? are you actually mental. I have a hangove and rotten guts from the delicious doner I had saturday.

not really, just trying to annoy Decker....

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137

I started off with good intentions, but the winding down from holiday drinking is still taking place. Plus I've got the missus to contend with.

I'm going for Stopnovember now.

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24709
    Fuck 'Go sober for October' - I'm going on a Bender in November.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I've been drinking pretty solidly recently. Gotta take a few weeks off, but there are too many gigs and social things going on.

Spoze I'll be a tee-totaller once this mortgage goes through!
  • So far this week, I've given up 8 times... and it's only Tuesday.  Proud of my achievement.
    Emp_Fab said:
    Fuck 'Go sober for October' - I'm going on a Bender in November.

If you get round to it?

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    To be fair, he didn't say which year.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27833
    I often go a week or so without booze, and not just when I'm in Saudi. Not a problem really. A whole month including weekends would be tough not because I have a problem per se, rather just because I really REALLY like wine
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom