Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Digitech pedals

What's Hot
mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

I have a few Digitech pedals. None were expensive. All have good sounds within them.

This evening I've been playing my Charvel through a Hot Head distortion (every thing set at 2 oclock) and it sounded nice. Maybe not for everyone, but anyone who wants/needs a high gain pedal on their board could do a lot worse.

I also have the Metal Master, which does the scooped thrashy high gain rhythm tone almost to perfection. Think Metallica's And Justice For All for an idea of where I'm coming from.

The Bad Monkey, one of my favourite boost pedals, for adding grit, gain and sustain into an already dirty amp.

Digidelay, excellent cheap digital delay, maybe not as upmarket as some, but for the dollar it's fantastic.

Multichorus, anyone who needs/wants a flexible chorus could do a lot worse than consider one of these. Does the whole 80's thing, but can also do subtle.

BTW I'm not employed by them. 

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I agree, on all counts. The hot head works neatly into a dirty Marshall too, for a Steve vai type lead tone.

The digidelay is genuinely fabulous. The analogue mode on it is really nice, and the standard mode is nice and clean. Modulated mode is nice, too, shame you cant change the speed or depth, but come on, it's cheap!

Never used the multi chorus. If it sounds anything like the hardwire chorus, it's a winner. (by the way, my intermittent fault has fixed itself - switching problem I think, I cleaned it out).

And the best stomp box design around. Bulletproof, easy to hit. Win!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    I have a Screamin' Blues on my board, nicely dynamic from a bit of boost all the way to hairy stuff. Very impressed, especially for the ridiculously low price.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2390
    edited October 2014
    I can't believe the hot head sounds good with the hi knob at 2 o'clock :)) anything above 12 o'clock sounds like the old radio in my mum's old car about 20 years ago :D

Other than that, agreed. I have a bunch of digitechs and they're pretty nice. including the hot head (just not at 2 o'clock).
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I've used a timebender for many years now and I fecking love it.  

Also used their Whammy for a long time (all be it modded)

Their bad monkey was worth a go too

All in all, I like them a lot :)
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    They make good stuff. But they're just not "sexy" which is why they don't get much of a look in. They're basically the other Boss.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17905
    tFB Trader
    I think for £45 the Hardwire CM2 is an insane bargain. 

It's really versatile and stands up to pedals costing three times the price.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4640
    edited October 2014
    I have 3 on my board(s). The hardwire polyphonic tuner is a joy reading all six strings at once; the hardwire sc-2 is a very tweakable distortion and their flange, which has some nice varied settings - up only, down only, step etc.

I'm not sure i'll buy any more but the ones i have are most welcome.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Dave_Mc said:
    I can't believe the hot head sounds good with the hi knob at 2 o'clock :)) anything above 12 o'clock sounds like the old radio in my mum's old car about 20 years ago :D

Other than that, agreed. I have a bunch of digitechs and they're pretty nice. including the hot head (just not at 2 o'clock).
    Sounded good to me at 2oclock. Mind I wanted a distortion rather than and OD sound. Enough for a heavily distorted tone, not so much that the note itself was lost.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• monquixote;377399" said:
    I think for £45 the Hardwire CM2 is an insane bargain. 

Where did you find that? I don't want the cm2 but they might have other pedals in the range that cheap...
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4640
    ^check GAK website. my sc-2 was £54
  • Also Amazon are super cheap.
    tFB Trader
    ThePrettyDamned;377430" said:
    [quote="monquixote;377399"]I think for £45 the Hardwire CM2 is an insane bargain. 

Where did you find that? I don't want the cm2 but they might have other pedals in the range that cheap... [/quote]

Amazon seem to be the cheapest.
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3090
    Big Digitech fan here, too. I've had several of their multi fx boards - they always sounded better than the Boss and Line 6 equivalents to my ears. Overdrives and distortions were more 'organic' IMHO.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73076
    And the best stomp box design around. Bulletproof
    That's the only thing I don't like about them - they're not as robust as you'd think from the design. The pots in particular are poorly supported and fairly easy to break. Better than most, but not quite as good as a Boss.

Apart from that they seem extremely reliable, and I prefer the battery access to a Boss as well - but only because some people seem to have a problem understanding how the Boss screw works and don't seem to be able to avoid chewing up the rubber grommet...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    Drew_fx said:
    They make good stuff. But they're just not "sexy" which is why they don't get much of a look in. They're basically the other Boss.
    Also they have "Digital" in the name which for guitarists sensibilities is the worst thing you could be called.
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    I have a DF-7 Distortion Factory tucked away somewhere - it's a wee bit sterile on its own but awesome in front of a decent amp that's already on the brink of breaking up - the MT-2 model sounds better than a real MT-2 imo

Keep meaning to buy a Whammy just cos they're cool but I doubt I'd ever use it
    All practice and no theory
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    hugbot said:
    Also they have "Digital" in the name which for guitarists sensibilities is the worst thing you could be called.
    I think that really screws them. 

I've seen loads of people on forums asking if the Bad Monkey is digital. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73076
    I'm really not sure why they did that on the analogue pedals. Sticking with DOD would have been better.

Although, I think it's becoming less of a problem over time as digital becomes more 'acceptable'.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6418
    dafuzz said:
    That's the spirit ! :))
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    dafuzz said:

What's stopping you? No excuses.............