UPDATE Mrs Travis' Mammogram Time again - that two years down

What's Hot

Comments

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12459
    That's a right fuck up Travis, they put you through all that for nothing. Good to be reassured though. The NHS are fantastic, they seem to have a lot of pricks in admin though.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10412
    Good luck for tomorrow @oddball
    As if pregnancy isn't hard enough,to go through all that too.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1492
    Best wishes to your and your wife @oddball
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @oddball

That's almost a carbon copy of my missis only she had just given birth. But no doubt the cancer was there whilst she was pregnant too.

Her lymphs were clear too but she had chemo then lumpectomy then radiotherapy then herceptin and now tamoxifen for the next 5 years.

PM me if you want a chat mate - sound like we've been ploughing the same furrow

Hope tomorrow goes well buddy
  • Lexie1Lexie1 Frets: 135
    Despite the frustrations Jon, it's all positive stuff Matey.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3967
    Positive vibes your way @Travisthedog and @oddball.
  • oddballoddball Frets: 248
    edited October 2014
    We'll be fine now I'm certain - you'd be abnormal to not have some degree of panic when diagnosed but you've got to be positive and do your best to keep normal. In the big scheme of things we've been lucky that the nhs have been fast and efficient and we had private health insurance so had the operation done by one the great surgeons in the country but for every 100 women diagnosed, 10 don't make it. Jo's got 10 years of tomoxafin in front of her now but we've done the kids thing and hopefully can now look forward to watching them grow up together.
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3110
    Positive vibes to you too @oddball . We went through something similar after Master Mudslide was born. Mrs M has been all clear for 9 years but it's never far from our thoughts. Hope it all goes well.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• vizviz Frets: 10775
    Good luck :)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    Thanks guys
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    What a pain in the hole @Travisthedog bloody paper pushers and administrators undermining the normal good care given.

Good luck for when you go again.

@oddball best wishes and good vibes you and your families way, hope it all goes as good as it gets with a shitty thing like that.

Take care both of you and keep strong.
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1533
    @oddball best wishes mate and good luck.
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    At least you can put it behind you till next spring now.  The NHS admin really should share the same duty of care that those on the frontline need.

Life is rarely easy, but at times like this you realise how precious it is.

Best wishes to you, and @oddball, and everyone on the forum who has someone close in a similar predicament, and to all your families.

• I'm ashamed to say I'd forgotten about your ordeal but I hope things improve for you all (you too @oddball). Make sure you look after yourself, as mentioned earlier it's easy to forget how hard it can be on the partner too. It's only in the last 9 months that I realised how much I'd been affected by my wife being ill. It brought a lot of other things that I'd been hiding to the surface and things got pretty bad.   

On a more positive note, Charlotte had a check up a couple of weeks ago and is now up to 6 monthly visits instead of every 3 months so things are moving in the right direction.

• Thats great news Ronnie - I often think about you and Charlotte as your not on here much
  • Cheers dude, I'm on here most days but don't tend to post as much as I rarely have anything interesting to say! :D

• would like to offer my best wishes for anyone going through cancer.

i watched my grandmother waste away of ovarian cancer when i was 10-11.

cancer can go fuck itself!
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• darcymdarcym Frets: 1303

This is something that's close to my heart so I understand your worry.

I have any sort of good luck charm/thing I have or do is being done in your name. The nice guys deserve a break/luck, so good luck o you.

Saw Joannes surgeon last night with the biopsy results and great news, her lymph glands were completely clear and the chemotherapy had hammered the tumour to 90% cell death as well.

As of today we are a cancer free family - should be a good weekend!

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1533
    congratulations!!