1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2478

I think I better downgrade my car to an old sensible boring one that

- can't go fast at all
    - is practical can carry gear and people
    - simple to maintain
    - tax mot and ULEZ exempt and
    - won't make me get fines.

I find it next to impossible to keep to 20 mph speed limits that are all over London near me.

I'm serious.

The Sierra remains the tenth most popular car to have been sold in Britain with 1299993 registered over an 11-year production cycle But the first years were somewhat difficult

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16421
    It is pretty much impossible to keep to the ridiculous 20mph all the time ...let somebody else take the rap
    Time to get a Chauffeur 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73990
    Dominic said:
    It is pretty much impossible to keep to the ridiculous 20mph all the time ...
    It's easy enough if your car has a speed limiter, but it is very frustrating when you're on roads which clearly don't need to be that low either at that time, or at any time. You really are crawling along, in too low a gear.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• DominicDominic Frets: 16421
    Actually I was thinking more of a motorbike ......the tiniest adjustment of wrist angle on a powerful bike can take you from 18mph to 25mph in the time it takes to blink ......sometimes even hitting a small pothole or jolt from uneven surface will do that..........it can be as little as 2mm of wrench on the throttle if you are in first or second