Line 6 HX One

What's Hot
191011121315»

Comments

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4800

thomasw88 said:
    thomasw88 said:

A few queries...

Can you save a preset with the Tap/flux state?  e.g. I have a delay preset and I want tap to be active when the preset is engaged.  When I select a rotary I want the flux to be engaged, not tap.

The bypass state doesn't seem to save in the preset.  They all seem to be set to 'on' when I exit preset mode.  Or if I use an external footswitch, scrolling through them they are all on also.

Assuming neither of these will be a problem when I switch over to MIDI control.
    I’m not sure about flux state (though you flip around the values when flux is on/off if not). But the “activate preset always turns it on” thing is the biggest reason I sold mine. A huge oversight from the testing team 
    What do you mean?  There two options, either scroll and manually activate  or scroll active presets 
    What I wanted to be able to do was prep a preset in advance then activate it part through a song. 

When I was using an aux to scroll between patches I couldn’t find a way to select the patch without activating it. 

Actually fwiw the more annoying thing was being able to name patches but the device not showing those names when you activate them. When I had e.g. 3 poly capo patches with different degrees of pitch shift that made live use next to impossible 
    you can scroll up or down and then have to press both footswitches or the effect button to turn it on or off.   That's in the global settings.

I agree about the naming patches thing. That is a pita that presumably  will get fixed in a firmware update
    That works with the main buttons but not when you are using the aux switches as preset up/down.  That way turns them always on.

Seems there’s no bypass state saved with the presets, whichever way you go, which would be handy.  But at least you can use that global setting to navigate to the effect, then engage it on exit.  I’d still like to exit preset mode then choose it to be off when you come out of it i.e. bypass state preset based rather than global.

I’ll have a midi controller soon so that should sort it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FezFez Frets: 556
    Anybody got any thoughts on the best midi controller? 
    Don't touch that dial.
  • dangriffithsdangriffiths Frets: 598
    Morningstar - easiest to program by a long way and great features. Not cheap but would definitely recommend MC3 and MC6 Pro depending on what you want.
    Morningstar - easiest to program by a long way and great features. Not cheap but would definitely recommend MC3 and MC6 Pro depending on what you want.
    They seem to be the rolls Royce solution. I would think the MC6 is likely to be overkill as HX one is my only midi pedal at the moment. I need to read up a bit more but easy programming is a big plus.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2043
    I've had one for a couple of weeks now and it's a perfect pedal for me. 

I rarely ever had more than 2 effects on when I've had various multi-effects previously. Overdrive and A N Other (usually some delay, maybe a wobble of some sort). 

So this gives me pretty much every modulation / delay / reverb I'd ever want and having gone through a handful of HX Stomps / Effects etc, I'm well used to the models. I can set up a few effects as patches and scroll through the handful I will use. 

Currently I have an OCD into the HX One into a Princeton TM and it sounds fantastic. No noticeable noise from the HX One either and I'm sensitive to extraneous hiss / hum etc).

I actually got this on exchange after trying a Tonex One (might a great pedal, I'll never know as the software is the worst I've ever seen and despite being comfortable with tech I gave up after a day of faffing). I thought the Tonex would be a decent, small solution into monitors and clearly the HX is an entirely different thing. 
  • DeftDeft Frets: 41
    Fez said:
    They seem to be the rolls Royce solution. I would think the MC6 is likely to be overkill as HX one is my only midi pedal at the moment. I need to read up a bit more but easy programming is a big plus.

I've been playing with an MC3 + HX One, it's a good pairing. Admittedly I'm just using it as a fancy preset changer but I can do most of what I need off a single screen e.g. one button toggles between a plate and a spring, a hold of that same button activates a 3rd reverb. Then the flux button can make each one wetter/drier if needed.

Not really scratched the surface yet, but it can obviously do a lot more. You can modulate any parameter, so you can trem your reverb trails for example.
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 880
    Deft said:
    Fez said:

I've been playing with an MC3 + HX One, it's a good pairing. Admittedly I'm just using it as a fancy preset changer but I can do most of what I need off a single screen e.g. one button toggles between a plate and a spring, a hold of that same button activates a 3rd reverb. Then the flux button can make each one wetter/drier if needed.

Not really scratched the surface yet, but it can obviously do a lot more. You can modulate any parameter, so you can trem your reverb trails for example.
    I'm doing something similar with my Boss ES5 and Line 6 M5. 

Wondering if it's worth upgrading the M5 to a HX One. 
    Trading feedback - https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/228538/neilybob

flanging_fed “
    A Les Paul, @ThorpyFX ;;Veteran and the 4010 is awesome at volume, it’s like playing Thor’s hammer!” Ref Marshall JCM800 4010 combo 
    I am surprised Line 6 don't do their own midi controller.
    Don't touch that dial.