Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The cassette player is back!

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• I forgot I still had my dad’s old twin cassette deck and tuner in the garage. Must try them out one day. 

250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    IMG_9008.jpeg 356.9K
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I used the 120m tapes to record the Essential Mix on Sunday mornings, 2-4am for several years. I looked at doing it via computer & it was a massive faff however a cheap Aiwa sound system with a timer function & it was good to go
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22930
    I forgot I still had my dad’s old twin cassette deck and tuner in the garage. Must try them out one day. 

I've got a NAD dual cassette deck and a Pioneer tuner so old it doesn't even have an LED display.  In theory they both still work (I'm not sure there are any radio stations compatible with the tuner though), but the shock of electricity going through their circuits after all these years might kill them.
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2292
    Hey does that mean my top quality cassette deck is worth something?
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    I’ve still got a few casettes from back in the day. Haven’t played them for years even though I’ve got a Denon tape deck as well. 
  • I've still got my Kenwood Twin Cassette Desk from back in the 90's, an excellent bit of kit. Unfortunately, cassettes tapes do not tend age well in my experience.
  • JfingersJfingers Frets: 371
    I still have my Yamaha MT3X four tracker and my Aiwa twin cassette deck which I could team up with various hifi amps.

Will I? I might for old times sake.

Cassettes were a perfect thing at a perfect time for me once upon a time. I still have some sealed ones I may use one day.

• SporkySporky Frets: 28358
    While we're comparing vintage hifi, I've got a pair of early 90s B&W floorstander speakers in the garage. Maybe 603s but I'm not sure.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • icu81b4icu81b4 Frets: 368
    I’m in the market for an audio cassette deck, if any of you guys want to get rid? 
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3493
    I sold my old NAD a while ago, if you want decent sound from a tape deck it will cost you, Nakamichi decks arnt cheap, higher end 3 head decks can still be had for not a lot though, if you do want to go tape get a 2 track reel to reel, Revox is the way to go. I really miss my old G36, it was lovely, tube driven, scary, but it decided one day to self destruct ( Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly ) and I couldnt fix it (switch block) so it went to the big studio in the sky.

A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.