Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Good Office Chairs for Guitar Playing

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11916
    I just got a new guitar chair
    Millenium ST-95 – Thomann UK
    £85

Much more comfy to play guitar on than my office chair, back and shoulders much less strained

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2183
    I just got a new guitar chair
    Millenium ST-95 – Thomann UK
    £85

Much more comfy to play guitar on than my office chair, back and shoulders much less strained

Might need to look in to this. 

I’ve found out that the pain in my butt is cause by proximal hamstring tendinopathy, which basically means I’ve damaged the tendon that connects the hamstring to the sit bone. It’s one of the longest the recover from, and one of the solutions is to avoid sitting or bending as much as possible. 

If I sit and play on the sofa now it hurts after 30mins, as the low sitting angle puts more strain on the injury. This looks more upright so could be good. 

Hit a 12hr flight in 2 days…… dreading it! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10488
    tFB Trader

I find If I'm going to play sat down then a machinist's chair works best ... I have one in the workshop ... but most of the time I play stood up as that's the way I gig :-)
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11916

I find If I'm going to play sat down then a machinist's chair works best ... I have one in the workshop ... but most of the time I play stood up as that's the way I gig :-)
    the thomann one I bought has me slightly leaning back, which turns out to be much more comfortable than all my office chairs for playing guitar. What posture does this chair encourage?
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10488
    tFB Trader

the thomann one I bought has me slightly leaning back, which turns out to be much more comfortable than all my office chairs for playing guitar. What posture does this chair encourage?
    Backs on these are usually adjustable so you can lean back a bit if you like ... I have two buggered discs so I prefer to be upright :-) 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message