Boss IR-2

What's Hot
1234568»

Comments

• FezFez Frets: 572
    If use my fly rig into the PA I take extra speakers as you can be asking a lot of just two front of house units. You should be able to daisy chain from the alto's. Or if the mixer had auxiliary outputs use them. 
    The trouble is you still end up carrying a load of gear. 
    To quote Hawkwind "Use your wheels it is what they are for" . A fold up sack truck can be a real life save provided there are no steps.
    Don't touch that dial.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • birtnerbirtner Frets: 70
    I’ve done gigs with an amp sim and two front of house speakers. It’s fine for smaller venues. We bring a sub for bigger gigs and I use a wedge which I bring but is easier than lugging an amp 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RkphilpotRkphilpot Frets: 197
    Thanks for the responses, I think I've sourced one so ill give it a go. if it doesn't work then they seem to be holding some value.
    Anyone have problems connecting their pedal to the IR2 loader?
    I've tried on my mac which is old and it didn't work and on my Mrs windows which is brand new and it still wnt work. 
    I have tone studio and Tcs tone print so I'm pretty familiar with how these things work but no matter what I can't get IR2 to be picked up by computers.
    Drivers installed and everything
    So it doesn't say this anywhere, maybe because it's obvious but make sure the cable is a data cable and not just a charging cable....problem solved 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12319
    So it's been 9 months....still very difficult to get, anyone know anywhere with this in stock?
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6462
    edited September 3
    So it's been 9 months....still very difficult to get, anyone know anywhere with this in stock?
    Andertons have slipped my July order delivery from last week to mid Sept.

(To be fair I wasn't expecting delivery before September)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2409
    Still waiting to see stock so I can buy one! 
  • They’re worth it - I probably shouldn’t have sold mine really but as I was only really using the Diamond sound I ended up buying a Vox-type amp instead! 
  • I owned an IR-2 during my quest for a nice "go direct" solution last year. It didn't stay, because I wasn't totally happy about it. I didn't like the way it responded to changes in guitar volume or being hit by a boost or overdrive. I needed more than two amp sounds available without bending down to twiddle knobs, too. But it sounded nice enough stand-alone and I preferred it to things like the Strymon Iridium.

It's not bad, just not (to my ears) great. Very easy to drive, though. 
  • GazAusGazAus Frets: 8
    I owned an IR-2 during my quest for a nice "go direct" solution last year. It didn't stay, because I wasn't totally happy about it. I didn't like the way it responded to changes in guitar volume or being hit by a boost or overdrive. I needed more than two amp sounds available without bending down to twiddle knobs, too. But it sounded nice enough stand-alone and I preferred it to things like the Strymon Iridium.

Out of curiosity, what did you prefer about the IR-2 vs Strymon Iridium?

I'm considering both currently 
  • GazAus said:
    I owned an IR-2 during my quest for a nice "go direct" solution last year. It didn't stay, because I wasn't totally happy about it. I didn't like the way it responded to changes in guitar volume or being hit by a boost or overdrive. I needed more than two amp sounds available without bending down to twiddle knobs, too. But it sounded nice enough stand-alone and I preferred it to things like the Strymon Iridium.

Out of curiosity, what did you prefer about the IR-2 vs Strymon Iridium?

I'm considering both currently 
    It's personal, obviously, and based around what I was looking for in a solution rather than the features in each pedal, but anyway...

I looked at the Iridium in mid 2023 and the IR-2 earlier this year. I owned each for a month or two. I didn't gig the iridium, but I did gig the IR-2 using just the Fender and Natural amp tones.

IR-2 plus points for me:
    - smaller form factor (but that wasn't important if the sound wasn't good enough)
    - more amp models (of varying appeal to my ears)
    - easier to dial in a nice sound on the Natural, Fender & Vox tones (see above, once dialled in, I didn't care)
    - the Fender tone sounded pretty good once I added a York Audio Fender Deluxe IR instead of the stock one
    - the Marshall tone convinced me more

Iridium plus points for me:
    - MIDI selection of presets

I was looking for something to sit on my pedalboard as a mono amp replacement for those times when I was forced to go direct. All effects are from my pedalboard. Features like silent practice on headphones, or ambient reverb, weren't a consideration. 

TBH, and it's a bit off topic here, I've settled on the Tonex Pedal for this sort of thing and (to my ears) is much better than either of them for my use case. I've stopped looking. But YMMV... neither of them were bad devices, just not quite what I aspired to. :-)  

• GazAusGazAus Frets: 8
    Thanks @TheBigDipper ! Like anything, you really should always try before you buy, so I'm going to stick to that rule this time!