KEMPER Profiler Player is coming!

What's Hot

Comments

• nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1579
    Have quad got the plug in stuff working yet?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepy said:
    in-between those two tbh a player with more expansion, 
    Ok that's fair. Sort of an HX Stomp but with Kemper tech I guess? I'm not sure anyone makes a mid-sized (and priced..) unit with all the I/O bells & whistles? 
    Boss GT-1000 Core.

It really is a superb unit, full of fantastic tones but admittedly hampered by a less intuitive-than-L6 interface. I don’t miss having gazillions of models etc as the selection is very broad anyway and covers more ground than the list might suggest. 
    Still, it’s a very different use-case than this.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepy said:
    Ok that's fair. Sort of an HX Stomp but with Kemper tech I guess? I'm not sure anyone makes a mid-sized (and priced..) unit with all the I/O bells & whistles? 
    Boss GT-1000 Core.

It really is a superb unit, full of fantastic tones but admittedly hampered by a less intuitive-than-L6 interface. I don’t miss having gazillions of models etc as the selection is very broad anyway and covers more ground than the list might suggest. 
    Still, it’s a very different use-case than this.
    I'll be honest and say I've always ignored Boss/Roland for this sort of stuff. I've never liked their amp sounds in anything I've tried. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • @stickyfiddle - same, but their AIRD tech in this generation has to be heard and played to be believed. Everything actually feels and reacts like a real amp, even more so than any of the HX models I’ve used.

My ideal modelling rig would be based around the Core or IR-200/IR-2 going forwards tbh. I’m not convinced I actually need the rest of the Core’s feature-set, but it is a great unit and blends seamlessly into a traditional rig too with it’s fully-fledged I/O setup, amp ch. ctrls, size, etc. 
  • melodmelod Frets: 136
    I honestly have been waiting for exactly this for some time. Of course, the other versions also solve a lot of use cases but I think I’m getting this!
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10434
    I like this! I could see myself having this as a gig backup to go through the PA if my amp explodes or something mad. I always felt that the Kemper had the most organic sounds when you found the right profile, but you do have to go through a lot of them. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @stickyfiddle - same, but their AIRD tech in this generation has to be heard and played to be believed. Everything actually feels and reacts like a real amp, even more so than any of the HX models I’ve used.

My ideal modelling rig would be based around the Core or IR-200/IR-2 going forwards tbh. I’m not convinced I actually need the rest of the Core’s feature-set, but it is a great unit and blends seamlessly into a traditional rig too with it’s fully-fledged I/O setup, amp ch. ctrls, size, etc. 
    Hopefully I shall have one arriving with me on Thursday or Friday... gonna have a good spell over Xmas comparing it with the Stomp XL and seeing how well they integrate. How they hook together in stereo is the key for me. 

• NerineNerine Frets: 2362
    Specs on this seem a bit weird to me.
  • sweepy said:

Maybe the Quad Cortex but that ain't cheap. I guess noone of the companies want that to canibalise sales from their flagship units. 

I'll be honest and admit I'm considering a full-fat Helix again for a specific project...
    The HX Stomp includes all the good bits though but less Processing power  etc  but is still a viable cut down version of the Helix . I gather the Kemper one is missing a lot of functionality including the fx loop which is rather useful to run a looper etc . The HX stomp still seems to be amazing for the money 
  • I’m very interested but won’t be pulling the trigger on one until I’ve seen some decent deep dive videos on it.
  • How does this compare to the tonex pedal ? I mean they both kind of do the same thing ?
  • Noticed YouTubers are actually getting them to review now so will be watching with interest.
    Im still thinking the price should be around £500 in the UK .
  • I like this! I could see myself having this as a gig backup to go through the PA if my amp explodes or something mad. I always felt that the Kemper had the most organic sounds when you found the right profile, but you do have to go through a lot of them. 
    You've summed it up very well :) Its popularity and online rig library have become, at the same time, the best and worst features.  Once I'd bought the PowerKab, there was no going back though.  I currently play in a covers band doing Elvis/Beatles up to Harry Styles/Taylor Swift and all sorts of weird offshoots in between and it's perfect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • AndyJPAndyJP Frets: 221
    edited December 2023
    I’m very interested but won’t be pulling the trigger on one until I’ve seen some decent deep dive videos on it.
    Get Cordy on it  =)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2385
    Well, mines arriving this week... £120 import tax via UPS! - Ooof!
  • ljsljs Frets: 56
    Got mine already. I like the form factor and don’t mind what I’m losing vs the larger Stage model. I have to say I’m much more at ease with the Kemper ecosystem than other modelers. I tried the FM3 and Helix stomp and couldn’t make it work.
    Bottomline I’m very pleased so far!

• drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 920
    Got mine at the end of last week from Andertons. I’ve had a Kemper rack for 10 years so it was simply a case of stripping out the rigs I wanted from my performances and loading them into the player. I had to tweak some of the fx due to the two pre/two post set up on the player but, in all but a couple of rigs, that wasn’t a problem.
    Unsurprisingly, it sounds exactly the same as the full size Kemper. The smart phone app works perfectly too. Very impressed.
    First chance to have a go with it today, really impressed. Only thing I don't really understand is how to use the "Stream" tuner.

As said above, copied my rigs from my main performance into the first bank and job done! Could easily take this out to practice and gig with, all I'd need is a volume pedal (and maybe a tuner until I get to grips with that) 
    PVO_Dave said:
    First chance to have a go with it today, really impressed. Only thing I don't really understand is how to use the "Stream" tuner.

As said above, copied my rigs from my main performance into the first bank and job done! Could easily take this out to practice and gig with, all I'd need is a volume pedal (and maybe a tuner until I get to grips with that) 
    That's now been explained to me (never used one before), suggested an option to turn the row of LED's into a regular tuner for people like me to like to keep it simple :) 
  • Really fancy one of these for live use, but can't see how I could integrate a looper? Such a strange omission (fx loop).