Kategate

What's Hot

Comments

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6399
    I have to read this crap as a Mod .....
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23107
    Jalapeno said:
    Did you draw the short straw on this thread?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CrankyCranky Frets: 2630
    TheMarlin said:
    Sorry, I didn’t realise that there are rules about this. 
    It’s all over the news here, the British media have completely ignore some points of this story, but left a hefty trail of breadcrumbs for foreign media to pick up on. 

Most bizarre. 

I’m not normally one for news story gossip, and royal family especially. But the differences in reporting on each side of the pond on this matter are stark. 

Just seems to be another case of history repeating. How long before the media vilifies her as I did his mother. The wealthy have very short and selective memories. 

The other price has done well over here as a result of this, as they’re portraying the brotherly fallout to be over this matter, so giving him the high ground. 

This has been relayed to me in meetings as a result of my British accent. I’ve lot turned on or looked at a TV in the week I’ve been here.  For some reason, Americans want me to comment on this. 

I couldn’t care less. 

lol, yeah that’s how Americans think.  Your British?  Well then what do “your people” think about it?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11993
    ^^ Yeah that's really odd/amusing.  It's as though the Brits have some special insight into the Royal Family.  Most of my US friends seem to better informed than we are, but that may be because they're more interested in them :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7398
    While chatting with an American friend the other day she "confirmed" (from media reports over there) that William has been caught out for cheating with another woman.  She was surprised about the mystery surrounding Kate's hospitalisation and surgical procedure(s) and that the details had not been fully and openly explained to the public via the press given that they are "in the public domain" by virtue of their positions in the monarchy.  I posed the question as to whether having surgery to correct a vaginal prolapse, or Bartholin's duct cysts, or (in the case of a male member of the royal family) an emergency circumcision due to Balanitis and Phimosis, are surgical procedures that need to be described in detail to the public because they are in the public domain and "owned" by the public.  She agreed.

Let's imagine for a moment that perhaps the Princess of Wales has had a surgical procedure for something of a personal nature and that we don't really need to know the details.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3903
    edited March 20
    BillDL said:
    While chatting with an American friend the other day she "confirmed" (from media reports over there) that William has been caught out for cheating with another woman.  She was surprised about the mystery surrounding Kate's hospitalisation and surgical procedure(s) and that the details had not been fully and openly explained to the public via the press given that they are "in the public domain" by virtue of their positions in the monarchy.  I posed the question as to whether having surgery to correct a vaginal prolapse, or Bartholin's duct cysts, or (in the case of a male member of the royal family) an emergency circumcision due to Balanitis and Phimosis, are surgical procedures that need to be described in detail to the public because they are in the public domain and "owned" by the public.  She agreed.

Let's imagine for a moment that perhaps the Princess of Wales has had a surgical procedure for something of a personal nature and that we don't really need to know the details.
    I think we can all agree that a mention of 'vaginal prolapse' is a new low for this thread. Lower than a snake's nut sack.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3058
    Well, what do the public expect? There's literally nothing newsworthy at the moment. Gaza has basically been levelled and paracetamol the strongest painkiller they have, Russians are advancing in Ukraine and we've been told we're in a pre-war state not a post war one, Trump is being Trump, Mike Tyson is going to flatten that internet fellow, so nothing really going on.

So, we may as well discuss Kate's vaginal prolapse, it's better than nowt. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28704
    I heard she swallowed a fly, and it all went a bit awry thereafter. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11882
    Jalapeno said:
    To be fair, about four pages were about the Nazis.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8015
    11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72644
    swiller said:
    Conspiracy theory..
    Louis is a bit of a nutter...
    He does have his fingers crossed in the ‘photo’. Trying to tell us something, or just dicking around?

Not sure I believe the ‘farm shop’ video is them either. Where is their security?

Presumably Pizza Express was a bit too unbelievable this time.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• CrankyCranky Frets: 2630
    edited March 21
    BillDL said:

Aye!  Those ducts belong to The People.  They are The People’s ducts and we demand to know!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27232
    I gotta admit I find the general furore around the whole thing far more illuminating than the supposed disappearance itself. 

On a human level I genuinely hope she's ok and out of the public eye by choice and not because something horrible has happened. 

Still, at least noone's talking about Andrew anymore, eh? 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11470
    I just noticed that this thread has grown to 13 pages.  Get a life everyone.

Or if you can't do that, at least go back to arguing about tonewood and Chappers.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8797
    Mystery solved:

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4263
    "The Farm Shop Video" should deffo be someone's title for an E.P.
  • randella said:
    "The Farm Shop Video" should deffo be someone's title for an E.P.
    The Wurzels version of the Troggs Tapes?
    I'll get a round to buying a 'real' guitar one day.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8015
    At last, proof positive that the royals are manipulating photos

17reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9879
    I'm starting to wonder what to believe with that lot any more, even doubting the authenticity of this

Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10341
    I'm starting to wonder what to believe with that lot any more, even doubting the authenticity of this

Yeah, that painting above the Queen is definitely a fake.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom