Kategate

What's Hot

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23107
    edited March 17
    ICBM said:
    The original is apparently not going to be released to stop the questions about it.

If so -

How ill does she actually look, or is it even her in the un-retouched photo?

Why was it such an amateurish job, which even the person who did it must have realised wouldn't be hard to spot?

Did Catherine really do it?

Or -

Is it a coded message that was *intended* to be spotted?

Confused? You will be after this episode of The Royal Family...

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11346
    I thought this thread was about a new martial art - kategate - that was an offshoot of karate.

I'm disappointed to see that "gate" still gets appended to words in that way. I'm still hoping that a former US defence secretary gets trapped by malfunctioning barriers at the entrance to the home of the Microsoft founder and we have to read about GatesgatesGatesgate. That should end it. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5020
    The photo itself is not much, but it has fuelled the firss if rumours that are getting world wode coverage.  Just not. 
    Goes without saying the rumours should not ne repeated here, but i feel safe accusing @darthed1981 of owning a Sinclair C5 with go faster stripes hand painted by himself. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11882
    Reverend said:
    The photo itself is not much, but it has fuelled the firss if rumours that are getting world wode coverage.  Just not. 
    Goes without saying the rumours should not ne repeated here, but i feel safe accusing @darthed1981 of owning a Sinclair C5 with go faster stripes hand painted by himself. 

A C5? I'm not made of money!
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5020
    scrumhalf said:
    I thought this thread was about a new martial art - kategate - that was an offshoot of karate.

I'm disappointed to see that "gate" still gets appended to words in that way. I'm still hoping that a former US defence secretary gets trapped by malfunctioning barriers at the entrance to the home of the Microsoft founder and we have to read about GatesgatesGatesgate. That should end it. 
    I'll have you know, kategate is a work of genius. 

As you have questioned me, I will accuse you having paid over the odds on eBay for a signed photo of Jeremy Paxman.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18989
    ^ Phew. Thought you were going to say 'Clarkson' or 'Corbin'...
  • CrankyCranky Frets: 2630
    scrumhalf said:

I’m surprised people haven’t started referring back to Watergategate
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1880
    Don't diss Watergate. As as US politics junkie of that period the high spot if that part of my life was eventually taking Gordon Liddy for a curry when he was over on  book tour after his release. Thank you Blackwells!
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • euaneuan Frets: 1517
    ICBM said:
    At the risk of getting back to the original subject of the thread, and very much against my better judgement since I shouldn't give a shit about this... but I do like a good puzzle to solve, which I have been doing some looking into.

I do think there is a genuine mystery here, and it's bigger than just re-touching a few parts of the image. It's been mentioned that her face in the doctored pic is the same as on the cover of Vogue in 2016. It's not... but it's strikingly similar, to the point that being another take from the same shoot is credible, or likely. And that was more than seven years ago. Either she hasn't aged at all in the intervening time, or the 'new' pic is seven years old. More importantly, in photos taken at the end of last year when she appeared in public, she *does* look older - not that much, but seven years is still quite a lot. Either the surgery was a wholesale reversal of the ageing process, or her face and possibly more have been replaced in that photo. The original is apparently not going to be released to stop the questions about it.

If so -

How ill does she actually look, or is it even her in the un-retouched photo?

Why was it such an amateurish job, which even the person who did it must have realised wouldn't be hard to spot?

Did Catherine really do it?

Or -

Is it a coded message that was *intended* to be spotted?

Confused? You will be after this episode of The Royal Family...
    Looking at the supposed video of her at the weekend, the face in the picture was definitely doctored 
  • CrankyCranky Frets: 2630
    Brio said:
    Don't diss Watergate. As as US politics junkie of that period the high spot if that part of my life was eventually taking Gordon Liddy for a curry when he was over on  book tour after his release. Thank you Blackwells!
    Curry with Liddy?

The indigestion must have been brutal.

I’ve lodged at Watergate.  Nice place.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72644
    euan said:

Looking at the supposed video of her at the weekend, the face in the picture was definitely doctored 
    Her face in the 'photo' and the 2016 Vogue cover shot are so similar that the differences have to be described in detail, such as slightly more of her lower teeth showing in one compared to the other. They are not exactly the same photo, but no-one changes that little in seven years, or even between photo shoots on different days.

I'm not even convinced the three children are all in the same photo, or whether the whole thing is a composite.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22252
    And now everyone can knock themselves out with the footage the Sun have published... 

• thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2940
    And now everyone can knock themselves out with the footage the Sun have published... 
    It's a clone.  Its taken them 6 weeks to thaw it out.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3705
    AI video generation has come on so much, hasn’t it.
  • LitterickLitterick Frets: 648
    As reported by Radio New Zealand: "The Princess of Wales has been photographed after visiting a farm shop, in her first appearance since having surgery. The video showed Kate and Prince William walking from the Windsor Farm Shop on Saturday, TMZ reported. The couple appeared to be smiling and chatting as they carried shopping bags towards the carpark of the business near their home in Berkshire."

The Prince and Princess of Wales go shopping. They carry their own bags. They have no police protection. Nobody recognises them. They look nothing like themselves.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • horsehorse Frets: 1587
    Litterick said:
    As reported by Radio New Zealand: "The Princess of Wales has been photographed after visiting a farm shop, in her first appearance since having surgery. The video showed Kate and Prince William walking from the Windsor Farm Shop on Saturday, TMZ reported. The couple appeared to be smiling and chatting as they carried shopping bags towards the carpark of the business near their home in Berkshire."

The Prince and Princess of Wales go shopping. They carry their own bags. They have no police protection. Nobody recognises them. They look nothing like themselves.
     I was surprised at the idea they do their own shopping, but maybe they do. Also heard that the guy who filmed it said they "looked a bit familiar" and it took him a while to recognise them?!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11882
    So the conspiracy theory is basically Kate died on the operating table, and they just really don't want to tell anyone?

Like most conspiracy theories it has the big problem... why?
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • And now everyone can knock themselves out with the footage the Sun have published... 
    Nah, it's Heidi Agan
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22252

They put Kate into carbonite? Is she actually hung up as a trophy at Jabba's palace?

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10341

Christmas decs in the background? =)

Laugh, love, live, learn.