Isnt soup amazing stuff?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16102
    Dominic said:
    I had soup for lunch today 
    Won Ton and Noodle soup with some Char Siu sliced into it .
    Perfect.
    We wouldn’t call that soup, we’d just call that wonton noodles lol.
    well , I had the Gwei Lo version lol
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yes, love soup.

Of course making it yourself is the best, but I still love the occasional tin of Heinz soup (Vegetable, Minestrone, Lentil or Mushroom), a real comfort food from childhood. I'll spice it up with some chilli sauce and a lot of pepper.

With any soup I'll have toast to dunk and tear off chunks and put them in the soup to get soggy, and do to the same with cheddar cheese, which melts in the bowl. 

I've also made Italian Papa al Pomodoro, which is a tomato and bread soup - it's stunningly good/
  • TimcitoTimcito Frets: 785
    Shrews said:
    Please try Solyanka soup. Easy to make and will cost a fraction of buying soups from a supermarket (which are ridiculously overpriced).

Soup and teats.

I'm in.
  • richman6100richman6100 Frets: 339
    nero1701 said:
    We make a "empty the veg cupboard and fridge" soup.

Everything from onons,celery, carrots, left over mashed potato's, leek, usually a chicken thigh, broth mix, handful of lentils.

There's been smoked sausage, ham, bacon. 

Soups a great way to use leftovers.

We make stock from all the veg trimmings when cooking. You can really boil it right down and it becomes far more concentrated. When sainsbury do chicken deals, we buy a few at a time, trim them down to component level and roast the carcuses and then make chicken stock.

We do this a lot too. It's a great way to make a healthy, homemade soup while using up stuff that might otherwise go to waste. I bought a Blendtec some years ago and it's excellent for soups. It can literally blend anything. I've yet to try skis though...

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4918
    Heinz Scotch Broth with a good dollop of H P Sauce - now that's comfort food, and has been since I was a nipper  :)

• Vintage65Vintage65 Frets: 335
    I make some two or three times a week… as long as there is onion, carrot, celery and assorted cheeses, beans around, they are so easy to make.   Crusty bread and a nice home made soup…. Peasant food is the best.

Cream for luxury version.
    I only eat homemade soup, as there is too much crap in the bought stuff and it tastes horrible.
  • Vintage65Vintage65 Frets: 335
    Shrews said:
    Please try Solyanka soup. Easy to make and will cost a fraction of buying soups from a supermarket (which are ridiculously overpriced).

I had to play that video 10 times to make sure I got the recipe right.
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3471
    Vintage65 said:
    Shrews said:

I had to play that video 10 times to make sure I got the recipe right.
    She is moving too fast, Ive had to pause it a few times to make sure I'm not missing anything.
    I have concluded that I am indeed missing something.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18803
    edited March 26
    Give it up you dreamers, she just handled far more meat than you could muster & just casually chopped it up into small pieces...
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3471
    Give it up you dreamers, she just handled far more meat than you could muster & just casually chopped it up into small pieces...
    She did, and it was awesome.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18803
    I'm more concerned about the overall salt & fat content (soup) :-D