Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

TattooNailbarVapingPawnCharityCoffee shops

What's Hot

Comments

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6233
    Until not too long ago there was a coffee, cakes and tattoo shop in Newport,Shropshire... It was the surreal experience supping on a latte whilst hearing the buzz of the tattoo gun and watching the painted people come and go.

Now it's just a tattoo parlour 
    :(
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2014
    My wire reminds me that I forgot about vaping.. so I've adjuted the title  >:D<
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    frankus said:
    the nail parlour around our way was a front for a brothel apparently ;)
    awesome..
    is it kinda: "would you like your 'nails' done sir…? and is that a big pinky???"
    play every note as if it were your first
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    equalsql;396301" said:
    My wire reminds me that I forgot about vaping.. so I've adjuted the title  >:D<
    A Vape shope had just opened next to our tattoo shop, there's a cafe the other side, no charity shops yet though plenty on the next road :D

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    frankus said:
    Get yer toes claws sorted, and a wank, all in one. What's not to like?
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • No good to me.  I got places to be and don't have much time available to pamper myself and they do nails long time.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    The trend is short term leases with any shop setting up as a front for money laundering.  It's a sign of the times unfortunately.  We had bargain discount clothing shops on short term leases, but no one has anymore money to spend in them anymore.  Now we have these new generation of empty shops.  They are merely a front for people trafficking.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • I can't move for boutique Italian delicatessens and Michlin star restaurants. They even kicked McDonalds out of town a few months back. I'm proper posh me.
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3087
    edited October 2014
    Welcome to Eastleigh. 

Which company makes lasers for tattoo removal? I reckon a long term share investment beckons.... Wayne, Darren and Chardonnay aren't gonna want those neck tattoos forever, are they....?
    RobDavies said:
    Welcome to Eastleigh. 

Which company makes lasers for tattoo removal? I reckon a long term share investment beckons.... Wayne, Darren and Chardonnay aren't gonna want those neck tattoos forever, are they....?
    Blimey, I didn't realise that Eastleigh had gone that way too.  
    I grew up in Swaythling and used to think Eastleigh was posh (my gran lived there).
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    frankus;396122" said:
    Was it ' a friend' who told you about the brothel? Hmmm...

Anyhoo,been to Marlborough today. No rows of empty shops, no pound or 99p shops, no Primark, charidee shops could be counted in single figures, no Bright House,no supermarket Polska, no sex shops, no tattooists, no massage parlours, no community drop in centres, no cannabis paraphenalia shops, choice of nice looking places to eat or have a coffee.
    Would those be coffee shops by any chance? :)
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3087
    equalsql said:
    RobDavies said:
    Welcome to Eastleigh. 

I grew up in Swaythling and used to think Eastleigh was posh (my gran lived there).

Actually I don't mind the place - it is as rough as a badgers arse though. 

We moved to Chandlers Ford from London about eight years ago, so we're only a mile or so from Beastleigh. The new cinema and restaurant complex has improved it a bit but there must be a dozen charity shops on the high street now. The rest is takeaways of varying quality. 

For 'posh' shops we go to Southampton.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16372
    Yes, coffee shops. But not a tatty cafe versus one chain coffee shop but an actual choice of places that looked nice.
    My most local high street doesn't have a chain coffee shop or a decent independent one. I assure you the coffee in the Asda cafe isn't great.

The Asian grocers and Polish deli's and carribean take aways make midlands high streets really more interesting but they are invariably set between closed shops, tatty charity shops,etc, so all that prosperity in Marlborough was quite different.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited October 2014
    equalsql said:
    RobDavies said:
    Welcome to Eastleigh. 

Totton has a Costa Coffee now.  Complete with outdoor seating area. 

Although the area stopped being a traditional, affordable working class area decades ago.

Still makes me pinch myself when I see workman alongside internet users sitting in the outdoor seating next to the 99p stores.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6936
    Previously known as stevebrum
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Good to know it's not only my town suffering from empty/vaping/tattoo/charity/pound shops.

We've got no less than 3 vaping shops, 3 Cash Generator style shops, 3 tanning shops, 4 kebab houses, 3 charity shops and 2 pound shops in the town where I live. And, that's only in a small pedestrian precinct.

Oh, and a big new Brighthouse has just opened.

Symptomatic of the last decade by the looks of things. If Channel 5 did shops...
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    edited October 2014

My town is much like every other. Loads of nail bars, hair dressers, bookies, etc. But there is an anomaly. Sitting right on the main street is an art shop gallery. It has been there a couple of years. It puzzles me how its stayed in business...

http://www.artworx.co.uk/

have a look at their webpage, click on any picture, and spit coffee over your keyboard when you see the prices. I love the stuff they've got in there mind you, they had loads of Marvel stuff a few weeks back which looked great. But the prices!!!!

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137

"I saw you coming"?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • It's really sad, but this is the consequence of everyone doing their weekly shop in supermarkets and buying everything else online.

People will tell you they want to "support my local shop" but when push comes to shove most of us either can't afford to or are too tight to spend the extra on shopping locally.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

"I saw you coming"?

You saw Decker coming?

There is therapy available.......

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21)