Dream guitars

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Fiddlesticks_Fiddlesticks_ Frets: 273
    A mid 60s ES-335 with a trapeze tailpiece in cherry for me. Beautiful things they are.

It’s ironic that I definitely prefer to play Fenders, but I don’t see any of them as a dream guitar like I do an old trapeze 335.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexlotlAlexlotl Frets: 174
    It used to be a genuine CuNiFe Telecaster Deluxe, but thanks to the recent reissue of the proper Fender WRHBs, I have one! Never thought I’d be able to do that for less than a grand.

Bernard Butler’s Cherry Red ES-355 remains iconic to me, but I’ve got a small frame and T-Rex arms, so I suspect it would look like the guitar was playing me. Perhaps an ES-339, one day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 1133
    If I had the money, a 50s Les Paul Special in TV yellow would be what I would buy. However I gig all my guitars, including a 2020 LP Special, and I wouldn't want to leave a vintage guitar on a stand between sets in a pub, so I probably wouldn't play it much.

I'm kind of over lusting after vintage guitars, and current prices reinforce my lack of desire for them.
  • EvansDrDEvansDrD Frets: 107
    Collings Soco or Collings i35 or Collings Eastside LC with a CC pickup

• Yamaha SG
    Gibson Les Paul Custom
    Fender HSS Stratocaster Ultra
    Custom made superstrat
    Gibson Johnny A
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11791
    Right now my dream guitar is one of these.

Ivison Guitars Dakota Tobacco Burst  OHSC image 1
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7164
    pretty much since I wanted guitars it was a Jaguar I coveted most, so when I bought my all original '62 slab board jag I was there.

that said, I've had it a decade now so there's been plenty of time for additional GAS to grow.

Price escalation means most of them are beyond what'll ever be possible, but I'd love:

• A slab 62 sunburst jazzmaster to pair with my jag.
    • A late 80s fireglo Rickenbacker 360/6 is far more achievable.
    • A 60s mapleglo 360/12 would be glorious too.
    • And to complete the Rickenbacker trilogy, a 1982 Jetglo 330, because.....well, IYKYK. 
    • A good example of a 70s Tele Custom would be lovely. Failing that, a reissue (AO or AVii) I miss the one I had.
    • 1 good Gibson. Probably an SG with a Maestro like Thom's. Or a 345. 
    "Dream" guitars are tricky though, in reality. My Jag is now more valuable than I'm comfortable gigging, so a few of the above would present the same issue. I feel very lucky to have the 3 guitars I have; my 91 Rickenbacker 360 is perfect, and my AV65 Jazzmaster is a beautiful guitar that Im happy to gig anywhere. Always room for more though. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540
    Gibson L-5 CES. Sunburst. But realistically, current dream guitar in the distant realms of possibility would be an Ivison '59 or a custom specc'd Eggle. With a cocobolo neck.