Wasn’t Play School absolutely the best children’s tele program ever Brian Cant for 007

What's Hot

Comments

• hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4191

Offset said:
    Vision On.  Pat Keysell and Tony Hart.  Two lovely people presenting a ground-breaking programme at a time when disability had no real media visibility.  Additionally featured a cast of amusingly oddball characters who did weird shit - The Professor, Wilf Lunn, Sylvester McCoy (yes, that one)... wonderful.

Vision On - Wikipedia
    I meant to have this ,it was in my first post ,which somehow got lost but it was amazing , wilf lunns amazing contraptions, the professor running around , Sylvester McCoy  , that grasshopper logo is genius , this is the Beeb at its utmost best . Do you remember the fluffy wuffenpuss that used to fly across the room? I used to love that, they could never catch it . The burbles and of  course the wonderful gallery 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27138
    Disappointing lack of Joe 90 all round, chaps.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11889
    He was a smart-arse.  Nobody likes a smart-arse  ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I was thinking more of when I was around 5 & I’d not seen it til about 10 , Captain scarlet used to be the main one when I was quite little . Love Joe 90 & the whole concept too, would make a great live action film .  Altogether though my post was about the safe cosy comfy haven programmes like jackanory ,play school ,blue Peter , hanna Barbara cartoons and Oliver post gate provided 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23007
    I was a bit of a Joe 90 lookalike as a kid.  Somewhere between him and the Milky Bar Kid.
    Philly_Q said:
    I was a bit of a Joe 90 lookalike as a kid.  Somewhere between him and the Milky Bar Kid.
    "ChatGBT - do me a mashup of Joe 90, The Milky Bar Kid and Rick Derringer.  Dress it in a Ted Nugent-styleee just for fun."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1863
    Noggin The Nog and Ivor the Engine FTW
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27138
    I was thinking more of when I was around 5 & I’d not seen it til about 10 , Captain scarlet used to be the main one when I was quite little . Love Joe 90 & the whole concept too, would make a great live action film .  Altogether though my post was about the safe cosy comfy haven programmes like jackanory ,play school ,blue Peter , hanna Barbara cartoons and Oliver post gate provided 
    I bloody loved Captain Scarlet as a kid. When I got the boxset as an adult I realised there's actually never any real jeopardy because obviously CS can get blown to bits to save everyone because he'll be fine etc etc . 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I bloody loved Captain Scarlet as a kid. When I got the boxset as an adult I realised there's actually never any real jeopardy because obviously CS can get blown to bits to save everyone because he'll be fine etc etc . 
    I absolutely loved the CGI reboot New Captain Scarlet from 2005, although I believe it wasn't well-received by traditionalists at the time.  I've binged the entire series several times.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28516
    I liked Terrahawks best of that bunch.

I didn't like kids TV with adults pretending not to be adults. It was wrong. I did like Tomorrow's World and The Great Egg Race. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11319
    Joe 90 badges that came with Sugar Smacks.

Motormouse and Autocat.

Banana Splits.

And the greatest of the lot - Tiswas.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23007
    scrumhalf said:
    Joe 90 badges that came with Sugar Smacks.

I remember Sugar Smacks with Star Trek on the boxes, but not Joe 90.  I wonder which came first?

• KeikoKeiko Frets: 1011
    Play School? No it was bleeding awful.
    Brio said:
    Noggin The Nog and Ivor the Engine FTW
    Even as a teen Ivor the engine on a dark November night by the glow of the fire was exceptionally special 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

The mysterons  were fascinating , those lights & “this is the voice of the mysterons “

Sporky said:
    I liked Terrahawks best of that bunch.

I didn't like kids TV with adults pretending not to be adults. It was wrong. I did like Tomorrow's World and The Great Egg Race. 
    I loved tomorrows World , it sometimes even had stuff on that was of interest to 5 or 6 year old me 
    & was the ideal entre to the most anticipated show of the week  “Top of the Pops”  which could feature anyone from  David Bowie or Cher  to The Strawbs  New seekers   America or T Rex  sparks or Wizard so you always hoped it would be someone good .

• skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4187
    Floella Benjamin, Derek Griffiths, Brian Cant….absolute legends.
    Sheelagh Gilby was one of my first ever crushes, I reckon… can’t find much about her online now though.
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5175
    I preferred Crown Court when I was throwing a sicky…. B)
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18881
    tone1 said:
    I preferred Crown Court when I was throwing a sicky…. B)
    Crown Court definitely made for a better excuse when explaining an absence from school.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7898
    Pipkins was brilliant and anarchic (or at least it felt that way when I was young). 
    Way better than Playschool rubbish.