124»

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9629
    @CavemanGrogg ^^^^^ great post mate.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3193
    edited May 5

I would delete youe post, praising anything I post, even if it's just a part of one of my posts, even if it's just a single sentence here will make people think:

- You where dropped on the head one too many times as a child
    - You are drunk
    - You are high on drugs
    - You are both drunk and high on drugs
    - You're really the banned member DREW
    - You're really the banned member Dalefty
    - You're really both the banned members DREW and Daefty
    - I've hacked your account
    - I'm holding you hostage somewhere with a gun to your head threatening to shoot if you don't post what I'm dictating to you
    - Either a combination of the above
    - All of the above

Seriously, it's really not worth risking posting that you either agree with one of my posts, like one of my posts, or think one of my posts is making a good point.  Seriously I wouldn't put myself through it, delete the post, and save yourself the punishment.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28899
    edited May 5
    Grogg, when you're right you're right.

I think far more harm is done to society by using government funds to subsidise wages than is done through all benefit fraud combined (even given that we've already established that there's almost zero fraud). 

I'm not anti benefits at all. Society should support those who need it. But pumping money into private companies by subsidising their wages is daft. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9629
    edited May 5

I would delete youe post, praising anything I post, even if it's just a part of one of my posts, even if it's just a single sentence here will make people think:

- You where dropped on the head one too many times as a child
    - You are drunk
    - You are high on drugs
    - You are both drunk and high on drugs
    - You're really the banned member DREW
    - You're really the banned member Dalefty
    - You're really both the banned members DREW and Daefty
    - I've hacked your account
    - I'm holding you hostage somewhere with a gun to your head threatening to shoot if you don't post what I'm dictating to you
    - Either a combination of the above
    - All of the above

Seriously, it's really not worth risking posting that you either agree with one of my posts, like one of my posts, or think one of my posts is making a good point.  Seriously I wouldn't put myself through it, delete the post, and save yourself the punishment.
    Thanks Grogg, but Im a big boy now and can handle myself…
  • strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3317
    @CavemanGrogg did you know PIP isn’t means tested? You could be Richard Branson and claim PIP
    @CavemanGrogg did you know PIP isn’t means tested? You could be Richard Branson and claim PIP

Yes, my cousin is currently receiving PIP as well as other benefits.  And PIP takes several major miracles to get, being dead doesn't guarantee that you will be awarded PIP.
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10353
    edited May 5

I also agree with you 100% on that post Grog. There,I said it. Wis awarded.

It's shameful that these companies are allowed to get away with it.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    I've been thinking if going for PIP. By the stated requirements I do qualify. All I actually want is the railcard, which you can only get if you get Pip, so I can go first class and not have people poking at me all the way to London, but I s'pose it'd fund some therapeutic Lego. 
    Sporky said:
    I've been thinking if going for PIP. By the stated requirements I do qualify. All I actually want is the railcard, which you can only get if you get Pip, so I can go first class and not have people poking at me all the way to London, but I s'pose it'd fund some therapeutic Lego. 

Believe it or not, if you turn up for your PIP assessment,the fact that you turned up, no matter how hard it was for you, how much extra medication you may have had to take to get there, how much help you required, how many people you needed help from to get there, and even how much it cost you to get to your PIP assessment, is counted against you being awarded PIP.
    Ah, but not turning up is an instant fail.

If it gets to that stage I'll be recording the assessment. And making it clear that I'm doing so. 
    Sporky said:
    Ah, but not turning up is an instant fail.

If it gets to that stage I'll be recording the assessment. And making it clear that I'm doing so. 
    It really is a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation, it's well beyond insanely stupid.

My cousin, he hasn't had to do an assessment for years now - read my first post in this thread to hear what happened to him the last time he did an assessment, for well over 6 years if not longer, was advised by our MP, who is a Tory by the way, that he should never turn up to a medical assessment for benefits without the ability to record the assessment and to record it, and secondly, you are allowed to bring somebody with you to these assessments for support and what not, to always bring somebody with you, preferably somebody with medical training, like a nurse, doctor, and so forth.  Unfortunately my cousin wasn't told this until after the last assessment he went to where they dropped him and badly broke his leg, and we got our MP involved, and he was then informed he would not have to attend one either ever again, or for so many years - I can't remember whether he ever has to do one again or if he's been give a good number of years break from having to do another assessment.
  • strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3317
    I don’t have to have a reassessment, I get full PIP daily living and mobility, it took about 5 months start to finish but I was back paid from my application date. I guess they consider the fact that I will only ever get worse and if I am already at the stage of being eligible then what would be the point of a reassessment.

I must say reading this thread and some stories I’ve heard from friends and work colleagues my assessment wasn’t too bad.

My best friend stage 4 cancer applied beginning of April and last week was awarded full PIP so it seems they are a bit considerate to time sensitive conditions..

you can ask for the assessment to be recorded so you have full record of what has been said.
  • BluesLoverBluesLover Frets: 678
    If you are going to try claiming any sort of disability benefit, the guides published by these guys are excellent. The forum is helpful, and their newsletters are informative too.
    https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3640
    Here's something else I find shockingly disgusting about all this, pensions and benefits are basically seen as the same thing by both the public and politicians of all flavours, and worse than that:

Yesterday, Saturday, a rather large group of us went and shot each other, though to be honest they mainly shot me, with those air soft guns - I have no idea why they're called air soft guns they're anything but soft when you get shot by one, at a facility set up for air soft gaming and stuff.  Over 20 of us, it was not what I was expecting to be honest, but I digress here.  Now renting out an air soft facility large enough for a group of over 20 people - there was actually 28 of us, to have all to ourselves is not cheap, even when it's divided between everybody equally and no equipment is needed to be rented, or marshals to monitor the game.  So everybody involved yesterday, was not just employed, they where employed full time, out of all of us, ignoring child benefits and pensions - yes a 70 year old gave me a good beating yesterday, all but 3 people and myself, where on some form of benefits.  These are people in full time employment, granted not all of them where executives and CEOs, quite a number of them where on or at least closer to minimum wage than they are above it, but the where also people at management level and even above that, receiving some form of benefit, besides the state pension or child benefits - one person was even the owner of a company that employs half a dozen people and he was receiving some form of benefit unrelated to health issues or rather PIP or what used to be the disability living allowance.

This tells me that either wages are not high enough if people who are employed full time are on some form or amount of benefits, again not child benefits, pensions, or PIP, or that we as tax payers, are wasting an absolute fortune financially subsidising companies that are not financially viable, and never will be financially viable enough to pay their staff enough so that they don't require the government/tax payer to help pay their employees salaries. 

After hearing this, I'm, actually shocked that job centers, benefits advisors, and assessors aren't in every chain retailer in the UK, as it seems to be their staff's salaries - places like Tesco, ASDA, Sports Direct, M&S, Aldi and so forth like Walmart used to do in the States not joking look it up Walmart used to employ people to help the staff they employ get food stamps and social security benefits Walmart was dragged before congress because of this, who the government/taxpayer are subsidising, if not out right paying the most.
    Gotta say I agree that UK employers seem to be addicted to paying low wages to staff (although not to board members) and relying on benefits to top them up. How you fix this without causing a lot of strife and poverty among employees... Dunno. 

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12117
    The cross party consensus to raise the minimum wage to 2/3 of the median wage and keep it there is one of a handful of things that fortunately is almost impossible to change.

The fundamental issue, that it's becoming too expensive to live in Britain for the average Briton, is march harder to fix.  That at the same time we are trying to get to net zero makes it harder.

The bullshit the Tories come up with though... needs to just go.  Stop the boats, stop 30k immigrants when we get 300k from Ukraine and Hong Kong... stop the shirkers by stopping PIP payments to desperate vulnerable people because a handful of scumbags game the system...

Let's get the damn Tories out ASAP.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I don’t have to have a reassessment, I get full PIP daily living and mobility, it took about 5 months start to finish but I was back paid from my application date. I guess they consider the fact that I will only ever get worse and if I am already at the stage of being eligible then what would be the point of a reassessment.

I must say reading this thread and some stories I’ve heard from friends and work colleagues my assessment wasn’t too bad.

My best friend stage 4 cancer applied beginning of April and last week was awarded full PIP so it seems they are a bit considerate to time sensitive conditions..

you can ask for the assessment to be recorded so you have full record of what has been said.

That seems too easy compared to what my cousin went through to get PIP, I've mentioned on here before how he became disabled - he was sat in a parked car with his partner and kids and hit by a drunk driver who was leading the police on a high speed chase which was so bad his partner and kids where killed and they couldn't figure out who was driving which car until test results that took days to get came back,  it took so long for him to get PIP - he's on the highest rate you can possibly get, that the back pay for the length of time it took him, was measured in the tens of thousands of £
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom