What's your favourite Boost?

What's Hot

Comments

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13104
    I'd rather turn my amp off than use a vertex pedal.

Excellent boosts I've tried - 

Zvex SHO
    Dr Scientist The Elements 
    TC Spark
    EQD Speaker Cranker
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5646
    I bought my first boost recently, a full size TC Spark, and it's great.

But also: 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • maharg101maharg101 Frets: 780
    VFE Standout

This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RevolutionsRevolutions Frets: 429
    edited May 22
    I’ve gone boost crazy recently since shifting from Marshall drive channel to Fender sound + gain stages.

always had a TS9 type pedal on my board since forever. The Analogman Prince of tone is by far the best version I’ve ever used & stays on my little gigging board.

Boss BP-1W is a recent revelation that has eclipsed almost all the other pedals in this picture as an always-on boost to push a clean channel.

Other favourites, admittedly I’m pushing the definition of boost a bit with some of these. That’s how I use them though.

Fredric golden eagle (klone)
    JHS preamp overdrive
    Keeley Java (treble boost)
    Boss OD-1a
    Timmy
    Boss GE-6
    Echoline signal driver (not pictured)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 958
    The Soundlad LIverpool 'Clean Machine' is hands down my favourite. It galvanizes any guitar I plug into it. 

Calling it a boost might be an oversimplification, but that's primarily what I use it for. And tone-shaping. 

https://www.soundladliverpool.co.uk/cleanmachine
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7374

For the ultimate clean boost.
    IMG_5548.jpeg 171.1K
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 487
    Always enjoyed the Suhr Koko, had the big two button one and could stomp either volume or a mid boost
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18077
    tFB Trader
    markj said:
    /broken record post:

Way Huge Saucy Box -  superb clean-boost through mid-drive pedal, I rarely switch mine off! :heart: 

Another one for the list.

My understanding is it's broadly speaking a Klon. I had one and quite liked it.
    tFB Trader
    I’ve gone boost crazy recently since shifting from Marshall drive channel to Fender sound + gain stages.

always had a TS9 type pedal on my board since forever. The Analogman Prince of tone is by far the best version I’ve ever used & stays on my little gigging board.

The Prince of Tone is a Marshall Blues Breaker rather than a TS
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1146
    I've always had the TS9 too but recently got a TC Spark Booster and its great.
  • RevolutionsRevolutions Frets: 429

Did not know that. All I know is that on full volume & a little gain it makes my JCM 800 sound way better. 
    tFB Trader

Did not know that. All I know is that on full volume & a little gain it makes my JCM 800 sound way better. 

Yeah, it's a really nice pedal.

The Fredrik Blue Monarch is also a Bluesbreaker.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • markjmarkj Frets: 926
    I've always had the TS9 too but recently got a TC Spark Booster and its great.
    Thanks for the comment on the TC Booster, I’ve had one in the past.
  • Signman62Signman62 Frets: 42
    Way Huge Red Llama
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 880
    I've got a couple 

Keeley Katana boost is great boosting my tweed style amp over the edge. 

@ThorpyFX The Veteran rangemaster side is epic. It doesn't just cut through the mix, it also destroys everyone at the back of the room and the wall at the back room! Though it can be tamed with some knob twiddling but that's no fun! 
    Trading feedback - https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/228538/neilybob

flanging_fed “
    A Les Paul, @ThorpyFX ;;Veteran and the 4010 is awesome at volume, it’s like playing Thor’s hammer!” Ref Marshall JCM800 4010 combo 
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 880

Boss BP-1W is a recent revelation that has eclipsed almost all the other pedals in this picture as an always-on boost to push a clean channel.

Other favourites, admittedly I’m pushing the definition of boost a bit with some of these. That’s how I use them though.

JHS preamp overdrive
    Boss OD-1a
    Timmy
    Boss GE-6

Oooh! I would love to give that Boss BP-1W a whirl. 
    Trading feedback - https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/228538/neilybob

flanging_fed “
    A Les Paul, @ThorpyFX ;;Veteran and the 4010 is awesome at volume, it’s like playing Thor’s hammer!” Ref Marshall JCM800 4010 combo 
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 4004
    The Back to the future vibes of the Echoline Signal Driver, as recommended by @Wazmeister .
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9770
    Neilybob said:

JHS preamp overdrive
    Boss OD-1a
    Timmy
    Boss GE-6

Well, I’m about to sell a mint one if you fancy it…. Start of a cull 
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10166
    I've not used many but have enjoyed the MXR Micro Amp and the LPB1.
    Taking part in 1000 Lights - raising money for Uprawr Mental Health Foundation
    https://www.justgiving.com/page/pianomatt-1000lights
    tFB Trader
    Neilybob said:

JHS preamp overdrive
    Boss OD-1a
    Timmy
    Boss GE-6

Well, I’m about to sell a mint one if you fancy it…. Start of a cull 

Oh I'm after one of them!