Michael Mosley gone missing in Greece.

What's Hot

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14743
    You are saying that like it’s a crackpot theory.
    No. I am saying that Mosley has;
    1) over-estimated his own abilities.
    2) elected to take an avoidable risk.

This just isn't true.

If you lose weight do exercise and eat properly you can reverse type 2 diabetes and no doctor in world would suggest you take meds that you don't need for it.
    I was referring specifically to Wednesday 5th of June, 2024. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24646
    edited June 7
    cruxiform said:
    Jesus man, do I have to spell it out?
    Wow.  You're doubling down on this then?! 

Ok...  In words that don't include the age-old lame get-out of "If you can't see it then I'm not going to tell you", would you explain why exactly you think that people speculating on what might have happened to Michael Mosely is equally as distasteful as you posting a meme from a popular comedy film ?

As I see it, one is expressing genuine concern about what might have happened, the other is an attempt at humour.

I personally don't see how the two are equal but as you've justified your post by stating that they are, would you be interested in explaining why they are the same to you?

Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5321
    Or @Emp_Fab getting involved in a spat on said thread. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3159
    So, he made it back from the beach, was looking in shop windows.

Possibly went on another walk but likely would have known by then he didn't have his mobile phone. Maybe went for a swim to cool off? 

But surely he would have gone home first to get his mobile? Unless his intent was not to come back.

But I don't think so. It's always head-scratching when nobody has seen the person. Bit this is broad daylight, he was in the town, somebody would surely have seen him?

Foul play. Went for a beer in an empty taverna and didn't make it out?

Possibly the police might start looking closer to home too. 

All options on the table. People rarely go missing in broad daylight.

Not sure what the protocol is as far as police enquiries go? In other words, what comes next? 
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5321
    Apparently he was seen heading inland on a little used trail !  
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12506
    ^^ Just saw this. Incredibly sad.
    Indeed.  As the days went on the likelihood of a good outcome was ever diminishing.  I suppose at least they know now, which has to be better than never ever finding out.  RIP Michael - you seemed one of life's good guys.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    There are going to be lots of questions about how they managed to miss him in three days of searching.  I know it's very easy to criticise after the event but...  He was last seen walking in the direction of Agia Marina - the only other bit of civilisation in that direction.  He was found by the fence that surrounds the garden/beach bar area.  If something is going to fall from a position higher up, it's most likely to stop at a fence.  Considering all of that, I'm baffled as to why it seems that not one person walked the perimeter of the fence in three days of search teams scouring that very headland which isn't that big.

Obviously not all the details are out yet but at this moment in time it defies logic that the fence perimeter could have been overlooked.  The police are going to facing some questions no doubt, especially as from early reports he was found by a bar owner and a TV crew. 

Criticise me for thinking aloud if you must but it's exactly what the reporters will be asking the police there.

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2447
    Tragic news. On reflection, I guess this highlights the usefulness and importance of having our mobile phones on us, especially in foreign countries, and despite how much we might despise them at times. No doubt this will forever haunt his wife and family. RIP Michael.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ewalewal Frets: 2643
    Very reminiscent of something from my family's past. Such a terrible experience for his poor wife.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12093
    Such a shame. A really nice bloke too.
    I hope this last lesson he has taught us will make a difference to people - human frailty affects us all, and as we get older, some seemingly small incorrect decisions can be fatal. I feel that all of my family have made some poor decisions that could have gone very wrong. We should aim to take fewer risks as we age - I'm following that plan.

A friend of a friend died last week from choking on food at a family meal, sadly someone was patting his back to try to help, but that made it go down so far that the Heimlich manoeuvre  could not work. Apparently you should only whack someone's back if they are bending right over to face the floor.
    I've nearly choked a few times, and had to do the manoeuvre on my Mrs once - it does work - the lump of food flew out.

Sadly accidentally inhaling food is an even more widespread risk, often causing pneumonia.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19353
    Such a shame. A really nice bloke too.
    I hope this last lesson he has taught us will make a difference to people - human frailty affects us all, and as we get older, some seemingly small incorrect decisions can be fatal. I feel that all of my family have made some poor decisions that could have gone very wrong. We should aim to take fewer risks as we age - I'm following that plan.

A friend of a friend died last week from choking on food at a family meal, sadly someone was patting his back to try to help, but that made it go down so far that the Heimlich manoeuvre  could not work. Apparently you should only whack someone's back if they are bending right over to face the floor.
    I've nearly choked a few times, and had to do the manoeuvre on my Mrs once - it does work - the lump of food flew out.

Sadly accidentally inhaling food is an even more widespread risk, often causing pneumonia.

This is why everyone should be taught basic first aid & CPR.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12508
    beed84 said:
    Tragic news. On reflection, I guess this highlights the usefulness and importance of having our mobile phones on us, especially in foreign countries, and despite how much we might despise them at times. No doubt this will forever haunt his wife and family. RIP Michael.
    If he died of heat exhaustion, which sounds the most likely thing to have happened, I’m not sure he’d be in any condition to use his phone? I suppose the search teams might have been able to pinpoint his phone to find him if he had it on him? 

Sad news though, his family must be distraught. 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14743
    Emp_Fab said:
    Obviously, not all the details are out yet.
    Post mortem should provide some answers. 

The sad reality is that Mosley was probably already dead at the moment when he was first reported missing.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7710
    Emp_Fab said:
    There are going to be lots of questions about how they managed to miss him in three days of searching.  I know it's very easy to criticise after the event but... 

“…but here goes anyway…” 
    Red ones are better. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Yeah....  pretty much.  It's valid though.....

• the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1843
    Emp_Fab said:
    Yeah....  pretty much.  It's valid though.....

Using anything from the Sun to prove validity. Nah, nope, no. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Don't be so obtuse.  Yes, it's the shitbag Sun, but the reporter has a point.  .....presuming you bothered to watch it before passing judgement.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17872
    tFB Trader
    Emp_Fab said:
    Don't be so obtuse.  Yes, it's the shitbag Sun, but the reporter has a point.  .....presuming you bothered to watch it before passing judgement.

Personally I'd rather have different media sources linked. 

They have done enough harm in the world that I'm not interested in consuming their content.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom