Pearl Jam ticket prices slashed

What's Hot

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16550
    DefaultM said:
    DefaultM said:
    Too much money for something so easily ruined by morons that are only there to get drunk waiting for the 1 or 2 songs they recognise.
    This is why I much prefer festivals. Bored people wander off to find merch or far-too-cheap tattooing. Keeps them busy while acts they don't like are on.
    I can’t get my head around it. All I can think is there’s a group of friends where 1 guy has convinced all the others to come see his favourite band with him, and they think “yeah I remember that song they did from that advert” and go along but get bored waiting for it.
    On the Black Sabbath 13 tour the blokes in front of us hardly paid attention to the gig until Paranoid, which is about 3 minutes of the entire thing. I guess yes they can say they saw Black Sabbath playing Paranoid live. 
    Even the drunk thing surprises me. Up in the gods at Resorts World buying over priced beer after beer, going to the toilet, having to negotiate multiple flights of stairs and disturbing other people. There are better times and places to have that many beers. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mo6020mo6020 Frets: 484
    I’m going to this gig, but I’m only going because my sister has a spare ticket and didn’t want to come up from Dorset and go to the gig by herself. 

I love PJ but can’t abide arena shows, I’m really not looking forward to it tbh. 
    "Filthy appalachian goblin."

https://edmorgan.info
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6687
    edited June 20
    It’s a vicious circle for acts that can’t guarantee Taylor Swift/ Ed Sheeran type sales. It costs a fortune to put on even a modest touring show, but then the high ticket price to cover overheads puts off anyone but the die-hards…which means fewer tickets, same overheads = even higher ticket price.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • euaneuan Frets: 1714
    The whole model is broken, and Ticketmaster/Live Nation/Liberty went a long way to be the ones who broke it.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • roundthebendroundthebend Frets: 1165
    Manchester tickets appear to be discounted now too, some are £45
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • roundthebendroundthebend Frets: 1165
    My brother, and his daughter, want to go now the price has dropped. I'm refusing to do it, seen them enough times and hate the arena and stadium gig situation.
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6687
    Manchester tickets appear to be discounted now too, some are £45
    Which is cheap for an arena show…but still a fair wedge, really 

• The £45 ones seem to be up in the Gods at the back of the arena. Got no interest in watching big arena/stadium shows from the very back, even if it's cheap; just end up watching it on the big screens. I'm gonna play chicken and hold out through the weekend and see if some better seats drop in price.
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3437
    Meh. Pitch standing tickets are £157. Same price they have always been.
  • BodBod Frets: 1369
    So how much are the PJ tickets supposed to be?
    Not as much now he's gone solo.  He's really struggled since Duncan left.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BGGBGG Frets: 699
    So how much are the PJ tickets supposed to be?
    My mate paid £160 each so he’s very pissed off at the price drop.
    #thebatesmotelband
  • bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1742
    edited June 25
    I got 2 in the gods for the manc Co-op at <£50 each... never seen them, Mrs B&T bucket list band...  at this distance this gig is certainly more about the experience of "being there" than the view I suspect.
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4706
    im heading over there tonight , £160 a ticket  :p

having seen them 6 times previously they are an excellent live band 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3437
    Im just looking now, theres £43 tickets for tonight which is very tempting...
  • AlterlifesonAlterlifeson Frets: 484
    barnstorm said:
    CaseOfAce said:
    It's interesting the top end of the market. Taylor Swift tickets are unobtainable and George Strait in Houston has just recorded the highest US ticketed attendance since the Grateful Dead in '77. 

just under 111,000. 

I've never even heard of him... but they have in Texas...
    They're obviously not holding it against him that he did a big farewell tour a few years back! He seems to be out with Chris Stapleton, which must help with ticket sales.
    This one was separate from the Chris Stapleton shows GS is doing - it was just him and a more relatively unknown artist Parker McCollum. The scale of the show looks off the charts. 
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4307
    barnstorm said:
    CaseOfAce said:
    It's interesting the top end of the market. Taylor Swift tickets are unobtainable and George Strait in Houston has just recorded the highest US ticketed attendance since the Grateful Dead in '77. 

just under 111,000. 

I've never even heard of him... but they have in Texas...
    They're obviously not holding it against him that he did a big farewell tour a few years back! He seems to be out with Chris Stapleton, which must help with ticket sales.
    This one was separate from the Chris Stapleton shows GS is doing - it was just him and a more relatively unknown artist Parker McCollum. The scale of the show looks off the charts. 
    CS played at the Rock 'n Ribs festival here last summer - he was in a sideline tent with his band with me and ~200* people watching while a covers band were on the 'main' stage. I knew the name, but didn't appreciate how big he is stateside - bloody great performance too.

*no, that's not a typo! :open_mouth: 
    im heading over there tonight , £160 a ticket  :p

having seen them 6 times previously they are an excellent live band 

your seats will be better than mine though...
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4706
    well that was pretty good 

bit rough around the edges this morning, didnt think eddies voice was going to make it to the end of the gig but loved it 
  • AlterlifesonAlterlifeson Frets: 484

bit rough around the edges this morning, didnt think eddies voice was going to make it to the end of the gig but loved it 
    Read that he was struggling but the crowd made up for it and helped out quite a lot. Here's hoping London isn't cancelled! 

I'm tired today, and yes, Eddie did well to get through.. plenty of sing-a-long tunes help...  a few notable omissions, ie. Jeremy and Release would have been nice to hear but Once was a treat for sure. A bit of a shame for him really.

As a venue, not really a fan.. queue for merch was shocking.. (so were the support band)..  refreshments overpriced.. whilst the seats were comfy and the rake was decent.. we were blinded by light for the first couple of songs. There is also a lot of cabling and such impeding the screens for us in the rear cheap seats..  6 rows back and I would have been in the car park.

Glad to have been there though.. Love Mike's tones.. he does fancy himself as a Hendrix clone... Matt Cameron is class.

My trading feedback