Pearl Jam ticket prices slashed

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16550
    We bought tickets for a festival day headlined by Earth Wind and Fire and they cancelled but we couldn’t get our money back, they said it’s a festival their name isn’t on the ticket (we did go). 
    No admin fees back? How much were the fees then? 
    I imagine there will be people who have paid for train tickets, hotel rooms,etc, who are now going to have a night out at Tottenham Pizza Hut or just have to write that all off. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24202
    I imagine there will be people who have paid for train tickets, hotel rooms,etc, who are now going to have a night out at Tottenham Pizza Hut or just have to write that all off. 
    It's one of the very best Pizza Huts, to be fair.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I know some people who were travelling to London anyway managed to bag themselves lat-minute tickets to see Green Day, so not a total waste of a weekend. 

Also, one of the top UK-based Pearl Jam tribute acts 'Foxy Mop' put on a last minute gig in London, which I know some people went to. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7131
    I’m not sure about situation on booking fees yet, but when I had a gig cancellation earlier in the year See Tickets kept the booking fees and only refunded the ticket price. So not holding out much hope for Ticketmaster as I expect they all follow the same money grab practices. Total fees were £50 for two £135 each tickets - so almost 20% fees.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3437
    mrkb said:
    Regarding the cancelling due to low sales rumours. I was thinking about the cost of cancelling a gig. I assume they have insurance for some things, but I expect there’s still significant payouts to the stadium, crew and stage assemblers, etc. I can’t see any benefit to the band vs playing to a non sold out stadium.Surely they would still make a profit on a non sold out venue at the prices they were charging. They looked to have sold at least 80% of the available capacity from what I saw.
    80%  :# ok....

Insurances for gigs like this will have time deadlines in place. Its clear this gig wasnt happening days before, and weeks before there was rumours of it being pulled due to shocking sales. If theyd sold 80%, tickets wouldnt of been slashed to £40 2 weeks ago. I know how dedicated to their fans PJ are, but theyve pulled a fast one here.  
    edited July 1
    mrkb said:
    Regarding the cancelling due to low sales rumours. I was thinking about the cost of cancelling a gig. I assume they have insurance for some things, but I expect there’s still significant payouts to the stadium, crew and stage assemblers, etc. I can’t see any benefit to the band vs playing to a non sold out stadium.Surely they would still make a profit on a non sold out venue at the prices they were charging. They looked to have sold at least 80% of the available capacity from what I saw.
    80%  ok....

Insurances for gigs like this will have time deadlines in place. Its clear this gig wasnt happening days before, and weeks before there was rumours of it being pulled due to shocking sales. If theyd sold 80%, tickets wouldnt of been slashed to £40 2 weeks ago. I know how dedicated to their fans PJ are, but theyve pulled a fast one here.  
    The cheap seats were only the ones right at the back on the upper tier. Do you have any evidence or is it just speculation?
    Id love to see a drone shot over the stadium to see if they had built the stage - they did have the merch stand up and running the day before. 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    mrkb said:
    mrkb said:
    80%  ok....

The cheap seats were only the ones right at the back on the upper tier. Do you have any evidence or is it just speculation?
    Id love to see a drone shot over the stadium to see if they had built the stage - they did have the merch stand up and running the day before. 
    Various insider industry folk posts Ive seen have mentioned between 10-12000 standing tickets and 8500-10000 seats sold from 43000 available, so even at best estimate, less than 50% sold. 
    mrkb said:
    mrkb said:
    80%  ok....

Various insider industry folk posts Ive seen have mentioned between 10-12000 standing tickets and 8500-10000 seats sold from 43000 available, so even at best estimate, less than 50% sold. 
    On the Ticketmaster website at the beginning of last week there were no standing tickets available, and most (about 80%) of the seats were shown as booked (apart from that upper rear tier), so not sure why Ticketmaster would do that if your rumours were true.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    mrkb said:
    mrkb said:
    mrkb said:
    80%  ok....

On the Ticketmaster website at the beginning of last week there were no standing tickets available, and most (about 80%) of the seats were shown as booked (apart from that upper rear tier), so not sure why Ticketmaster would do that if your rumours were true.
    I imagine everyone including TM knew this was off last week.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16550

mrkb said:
    mrkb said:
    mrkb said:
    80%  ok....

That's assuming that all tiers had been released for sale. 80% of 80% is less than 80% of 100%. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    Got refund today, they only kept a £2.75 fee, so fair play to them.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1