Pearl Jam ticket prices slashed

What's Hot

Comments

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4706
    well that was pretty good 

bit rough around the edges this morning, didnt think eddies voice was going to make it to the end of the gig but loved it 
    I'm tired today, and yes, Eddie did well to get through.. plenty of sing-a-long tunes help...  a few notable omissions, ie. Jeremy and Release would have been nice to hear but Once was a treat for sure. A bit of a shame for him really.

As a venue, not really a fan.. queue for merch was shocking.. (so were the support band)..  refreshments overpriced.. whilst the seats were comfy and the rake was decent.. we were blinded by light for the first couple of songs. There is also a lot of cabling and such impeding the screens for us in the rear cheap seats..  6 rows back and I would have been in the car park.

Glad to have been there though.. Love Mike's tones.. he does fancy himself as a Hendrix clone... Matt Cameron is class.

McCready was worth the ticket price alone, amazing player and watching him prowl around the stage is a thing of beauty

the venue itself was a bit meh, very expensive ( £28 for 2 pints of cider and a pint of lager shandy) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

bit rough around the edges this morning, didnt think eddies voice was going to make it to the end of the gig but loved it 
    Read that he was struggling but the crowd made up for it and helped out quite a lot. Here's hoping London isn't cancelled! 
    i wouldnt be surprised to see London cancelled 
    Eddie was disappearing off stage in the long solos to get treatment 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3437

Read that he was struggling but the crowd made up for it and helped out quite a lot. Here's hoping London isn't cancelled! 
    i wouldnt be surprised to see London cancelled 
    Eddie was disappearing off stage in the long solos to get treatment 
    No clue how poor actual sales are, but Ive even been offered multiple freebies for london today, so Im guessing shocking. Add that to Ed not being well, ill be surprised if it happens  
  • Really felt like the rest of the band stepped up to the plate and brought their A-game to support Eddie last night. Felt sorry for Eddie, you could see he was suffering and clearly frustrated at not being to perform at his best.

Great set list, and really enjoyed the massive screen set up, which I wasn't too sure I would be my bag. The animé montage that ran while they played 'Do The Evolution' was wild!

I liked the venue overall. The view and sound from the floor area was excellent. I thought the entry process with the bag/security check, and then swiping through the barriers was super efficient, as that's after a nightmare at big events. Was also super quick and easy to get out - no bottle-necking - and the easy access to the trams/busses was ideal.

Thought the food and drink options were good, especially the fact there self service for cans of drink and soft drinks, so didn't have to queue. Food was overpriced, but then it always is at big gigs so it's just par for the course these days. Only bugbear was the queue/scrummage at the merch stand; really fancied a T-shirt but couldn't be bothered with it. 

Note to future self: finishing a night shift, getting 3 hours sleep, then driving 4 hours to a gig, standing/jumping around through said gig, then driving 4 hours back home again is a fucking stupid idea! Feeling worse for wear today...
    Just to add i thought the newer stuff sounded way better live than it does on the album 
  • roundthebendroundthebend Frets: 1165
    London gig tomorrow is cancelled due to Eddie being ill. It was rumoured after their Manchester show.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3437
    London gig tomorrow is cancelled due to Eddie being ill. It was rumoured after their Manchester show.
    Pretty lame excuse. Ive been offered 8 tickets for free today, after being offered a few pairs yesterday. No clue how poorly its sold but if they are trying to give away vast numbers, i guess very.  
    Pretty lame excuse. Ive been offered 8 tickets for free today, after being offered a few pairs yesterday. No clue how poorly its sold but if they are trying to give away vast numbers, i guess very.  
    not surprised at all 

Eddie was really struggling on tuesday 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • victorludorumvictorludorum Frets: 1101
    not surprised at all 

Eddie was really struggling on tuesday 

Maybe he was out touting tickets for the London gig before the show, and all that shouting screwed his voice.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • London gig tomorrow is cancelled due to Eddie being ill. It was rumoured after their Manchester show.
    Excuse? Not likely. If you know anything about Eddie and PJ you'd know that's not their style at all. They'll be gutted.

Not surprised to hear it called off given how much he struggled on Tuesday. Hope he manages to recover for the rest of the tour.
  • OctavioOctavio Frets: 176
    The were brilliant in Dublin last Saturday. Feel lucky now that I got to see them. Maybe they enjoyed the Irish hospitality too much.
  • Octavio said:
    The were brilliant in Dublin last Saturday. Feel lucky now that I got to see them. Maybe they enjoyed the Irish hospitality too much.
    He made a joke on Tuesday asking if anyone was there in Dublin too, and a bunch of people shouted up that they were. Then said words to the effect of "now, which one of you was sick and gave to me?!"

Octavio said:

How was his voice?
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16550
    Tonight's gig cancelled due to band illness apparently. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7131
    edited June 29
    Regarding the cancelling due to low sales rumours. I was thinking about the cost of cancelling a gig. I assume they have insurance for some things, but I expect there’s still significant payouts to the stadium, crew and stage assemblers, etc. I can’t see any benefit to the band vs playing to a non sold out stadium.Surely they would still make a profit on a non sold out venue at the prices they were charging. They looked to have sold at least 80% of the available capacity from what I saw.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3353
    Interesting twist on this. I did a stadium tour of Tottenham on Monday (not a fan, just a school trip). Anyway, the guy who did the tour was referring to the gigs they’d had recently (Pink) and that the next gig was ‘two weeks time’ -it was as if he already knew Saturday wouldn’t be going ahead. It may be that it just wasn’t a gig he’d be working or one to his taste, but seemed odd at the time, less so now.
    Anybody else see them in Dublin? What was the gig like? It sounds like the Manchester gig was a low point for his voice, but maybe it was the same when they played in Dublin.
    Oh Ticketmaster you automated fools… just give me a full refund including the extortionate fees you charge.

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Next two gigs in Europe cancelled as well. 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • mrkb said:
    Oh Ticketmaster you automated fools… just give me a full refund including the extortionate fees you charge.

Wait, they refunded you but not the admin fees? That's bloody outrageous if true!

I'm beginning to think I'm a curse. I went to see Bruce Springsteen in Sunderland when he was starting to come down with a throat infection, and then the next series of European gigs were cancelled. This time I saw PJ in Manchester and now they've cancelled a bunch of gigs due to illness. Apparently I'm toxic!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom