New PRS SE Narrowfield

What's Hot

Comments

• blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2916
    Bag of sand? Bag of Shyte. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12548
    Funnily enough Mayer has played an original NF3 on stage a few times. I quite like it in black.

I'm sure it's just a trick of lighting and perspective, but it makes it look like John Mayer is either eight feet tall (he's 6'3" or thereabouts) or playing a toy guitar.
    I thought the same but I think it's the angle and the fact that part of the black body of the guitar gets lost in shadow.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BarquentineBarquentine Frets: 312
    timmypix said:
    The first demo I saw of this was the video of Paul himself where he makes a big fuss about "these don't sound *like* a single coil - this is just a single coil sound".

Proceeds to play and it doesn't sound like a single coil.
    Just been listening to the Anderton's demo. They don't sound anything like single coils. Paul is full of shit.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • TheModieselTheModiesel Frets: 84
    It seems PRS has an obsession in making single coil sounding humbuckers, but even these seem to have that mid thing which humbuckers have. Adding more treble doesn't seem to cancel that out for me. If someone has an actual humbucking single coil I'd love it but every one is always "almost" as good 
  • rhinofeetrhinofeet Frets: 121
    timmypix said:
    The first demo I saw of this was the video of Paul himself where he makes a big fuss about "these don't sound *like* a single coil - this is just a single coil sound".

Just been listening to the Anderton's demo. They don't sound anything like single coils. Paul is full of shit.
    Agree, they a/b d it with a silver sky and you could immediately tell which ones were single coils. I'm not convinced they are different enough to justify having both, as much as I like the irn bru coloured one.
    Well if you don't like Mr Smith's guitars, you can always give his beer a go...

Paul Reed Smith x Cult Classic Brewing Beer
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3379
    I think these are great 90’s grunge guitars. 
    I can tell they’ll do a terrific Siamese dream era tone. 
    I’ll more than likely end up with one. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24897
    What's so special about these pickups?

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5521
    Offset said:
    Well if you don't like Mr Smith's guitars, you can always give his beer a go...

Paul Reed Smith x Cult Classic Brewing Beer
    Which of the things in that picture is the most tasteless do you reckon?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2461
    timmypix said:

Bit like him naming the NF53 because he thought it sounded like a '53 Tele ffs. It doesn't sound like any Tele never mind a genuine blackguard variety. I've a Tom Anderson T that sounds more like a '53 than Paul's attempt. The older he gets the slightly more crazy he seems. 
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4259
    They look neat, and you can’t get them on much else… so rule of cool applies.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    They look neat, and you can’t get them on much else… so rule of cool applies.
    As a non-PRS lover, I'd have to agree.  If the Lambo Orange one became available as a US build, I might actually be interested.

Possibly.
    They seem to have that mini bucker/firebird ness to them but still a bit stratty.  
    So for my tone needs it could all be covered by the one guitar. That’s a bit exciting to me as I’ve been genuinely looking for one guitar to do what this sounds like it’s capable of for quite some years. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27856
    grungebob said:
    They seem to have that mini bucker/firebird ness to them but still a bit stratty.  
    So for my tone needs it could all be covered by the one guitar. That’s a bit exciting to me as I’ve been genuinely looking for one guitar to do what this sounds like it’s capable of for quite some years. 
    This is it for me. Basically “hot strat” without being HH or HSS. 

FWIW it’s inspired me to do a build of my own but I’m guessing most folks won’t do that! 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 1010
    This seems like an awfully lot of thread for something you can't actually buy/see/try!

Might be just a bit of CGI...
    grungebob said:
    This is it for me. Basically “hot strat” without being HH or HSS. 

FWIW it’s inspired me to do a build of my own but I’m guessing most folks won’t do that! 
    Yep I’m watching with interest on your build. 

• NerineNerine Frets: 2320
    The orange one looks very nice to me. 

So much weird PRS loathing going on in this thread. 

Some of it not even balanced nor reasonable. Just hating for hating’s sake. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • NickBNickB Frets: 281
    I used to be of the opinion that PRS guitars weren’t for me because of a silly prejudice and then I bought one as curiosity got the better of me and then I bought another. I think it’s not hate but scepticism. 
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19515
    edited June 21
    Nerine said:

Loathing? Hating? Rather a polarised view. Isn't simply criticising or not liking something acceptable anymore?
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2320
    Nerine said:

Loathing? Hating? Rather a polarised view. Isn't simply criticising or not liking something acceptable anymore?
    I mean if you want to take it completely literally, you’d come to that conclusion, I’d expect. 
    Criticising something is fine. Not liking something is fine, but at least have an opinion that can be taken seriously. Some of the comments read as just frothing that PRS would dare release a new guitar. Pretty lame and not very progressive. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom