T-shirts (again)

What's Hot

Comments

• AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 980
    I like these particular Ts from Uniqlo. They’re a quality heavier weight cotton that doesn’t go out of shape.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10166
    I've only had one tshirt from Uniqlo and it was one with a bit of a print on it (I think it was Final Fantasy themed but I dunno, i just liked the image). It was an impulse addition to the basket when buying some chinos which they've now stopped selling, the buggers.

Anyway, it was definitely thicker material than I'm used to which I suppose has its benefits if that's what you like but it was a bit too thick for me. Also I bought my normal size and it was absolutely massive, made me look like a child wearing his dad's tshirt. It's in a box or case in the garage somewhere along with some other clothes that need some altering that I've not got around to doing yet
    Taking part in 1000 Lights - raising money for Uprawr Mental Health Foundation
    https://www.justgiving.com/page/pianomatt-1000lights
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 924
    edited June 25
    I think* the last ones I got were fruit of the loom, plain, mixed colour multi pack.

30, 40 quid or something for 6. Don't see any point in paying much more than that. Don't see how they could be improved really. 

Cotton, light, nice fit, wearing well after a few washes, non toxic chemicals. 

*not actually sure as I cut the labels off.

• bluecatbluecat Frets: 616
    I buy all my black T shirts from Asda, about £2.50 each. Good cotton good black. Last about 40 washes before they start to fade. Come in sizes S -- XXL.
    I have a wardrobe full of new ones as reserve but always plenty in play.i only seem to wear black T shirts,have done for years.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2675
    I buy the Fruit of the Loom ones, but I almost never wear a T-shirt on its own. it's always under something, usually some sort of fleece in the winter and a shirt or light jacket in the summer.  I buy 10 black ones every year or so.  I rarely wear other colours, occasionally white.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I have had fruit of the loom before. I did find them very poor quality and did not wash very well at all. They were all washed out after a couple of months. OK for polishing the car though.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 924
    bluecat said:
    I have had fruit of the loom before. I did find them very poor quality and did not wash very well at all. They were all washed out after a couple of months. OK for polishing the car though.
    I think you might have got fakes then. Mine have been fine. 
    You might be right Kurtis, it was a long time ago, maybe 30 years or so.
    Still using them to polish the car.
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5266
    edited June 26
    Muji basic t shirts are £10 and fit really well. for me. I tend tp prefer Gildan to FOTL for band shirts (I have a lot)
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16550
    bluecat said:

When I was a child I remember Fruit of the Loom as quite a hip thing for my brothers. Fast forward a few decades and I've had a few and they have worn badly. I have some £4 Tesco ones (bought on holiday rather than do laundry...) that have also become misshapen but otherwise brands seem much the same.
    What's 'polishing the car?' I am familiar with all of those words but not in that order. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1659
    What's 'polishing the car?' I am familiar with all of those words but not in that order. 

It's like "Bashing the Bishop" but, erm, waxier.
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
  • JayceeJaycee Frets: 338
    I hve been getting into Bamboo clothing for the last 18 months. 

Also have Bamboo t-shirts from wiered fish.

Other than that Tescos

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24202
    Reverend said:
    Muji basic t shirts are £10 and fit really well. for me. I tend tp prefer Gildan to FOTL for band shirts (I have a lot)
    Yeah, Gildan always seem good quality to me.  I don't know how easy it is to buy plain ones, I always wear band/movie T-shirts.
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6280
    I would be cautious with True Classics, they are made in Cambodia, so I'd want to know about the ethics. 

Like all clothing these days, I go for the buy quality, buy ethically principles. You will pay more upfront, but it will last so much longer. Colourful Standard, Sunspel, or anything made in EU or UK is the start point for me.  I don't want to be part of the cheap sweatshop/dodgy working conditions part of clothing manufacture if I can avoid it.

I've got a few sunspel t shirts that are over ten years old and still look like new, or almost new. 

Cheaper end, Uniqlo is a safe bet and generally their ethical standards are good. Arket do good basics with good provenance. 

Community Clothing is also a good place to buy this stuff and your money is doing good in the process. 

Thing is, if you buy something dead cheap, someone somewhere is getting exploited in the manufacturing process.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1146
    Think I'm going to get 1 tee from Community Clothing, and maybe 1 from Colourful Standard to start off with, they seem to do well by the looks of it.
    Just ordered a couple of lightweight t-shirts from Arko (cheers @Snap) so will see how those go.
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6280
    @Lestratcaster ;
    nice, let us know what you think. I've got a problem with buying t shirts, especially plain white ones, seems I can't stop. Same with jeans, though I am getting better with the jeans thing.........ish

!! 
    Snap said:
    @Lestratcaster ;
    nice, let us know what you think. I've got a problem with buying t shirts, especially plain white ones, seems I can't stop. Same with jeans, though I am getting better with the jeans thing.........ish

!! 
    Said they’d take 7-8 business days to arrive so will be waiting a while!

Do you have any of their mid weight T-shirt’s by way? I only went for the lightweight one cos it’s more of a summer tee I need and if I wear in the winter it’d be underneath a sweatshirt or something.

Is there a lot of difference between the light and mid weight?
    Managed to stop off in the Colourful Standard store in Covent Garden as I was in Central London earlier, picked up another couple of tees (tried them on in the fitting rooms and really liked the fit, nice material). Also noticed there's Arket, Uniqlo and Muji stores in the same street. Not too far from me if I fancy a day out shopping.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11842
    tFB Trader
    you could look for Gildan ultra cotton which is what we have our shirts printed on 

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!