T-shirts (again)

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• KeikoKeiko Frets: 1087
    Ditch 100% cotton t-shirts. Get yourself a nice couple of breathable wicking T-shirts. Most outdoor shops and sports shops sell them.  You will get a good few days wear out of them before they need washing. They don't have to have massive logos all over them. I've got nice ones from Under Armor and Rab with discreet logos. The T-shirt I'm wearing right now, I went for a jog in yesterday, got very sweaty. Put it back on today, it's perfectly dry and doesn't smell. 

To stop stuff shrinking wash them at 30 degrees and don't put them in the tumble dryer.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1146
    I can wear t-shirts for about 2-3 days anyway, I don't sweat that much (if I do its in the gym and I have training t-shirts).

Will also check out Gildan too as they make band merch tees I used to own a few of.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6977
    Keiko said:
    Ditch 100% cotton t-shirts. Get yourself a nice couple of breathable wicking T-shirts. Most outdoor shops and sports shops sell them.  You will get a good few days wear out of them before they need washing. They don't have to have massive logos all over them. I've got nice ones from Under Armor and Rab with discreet logos. The T-shirt I'm wearing right now, I went for a jog in yesterday, got very sweaty. Put it back on today, it's perfectly dry and doesn't smell. 

To stop stuff shrinking wash them at 30 degrees and don't put them in the tumble dryer.

I couldn’t do that - but I do the opposite wear a tech t-shirt all day for work then go to the gym or for a run etc. 
    Previously known as stevebrum
    Wearing one of the Colourful Standard tees I got on Friday. Very comfortable and the perfect fit, no muscle or skinny fit bollocks, just a straight up no nonsense crew neck tee. So thanks to whoever suggested them.

If only they weren't £30 per tee though.

Arket order despatched so should get that next week.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6280
    Snap said:
    @Lestratcaster ;
    nice, let us know what you think. I've got a problem with buying t shirts, especially plain white ones, seems I can't stop. Same with jeans, though I am getting better with the jeans thing.........ish

!! 
    Said they’d take 7-8 business days to arrive so will be waiting a while!

Do you have any of their mid weight T-shirt’s by way? I only went for the lightweight one cos it’s more of a summer tee I need and if I wear in the winter it’d be underneath a sweatshirt or something.

Is there a lot of difference between the light and mid weight?
    midweight is a little thicker, sturdier. Fit quite well (though that is a personal thing of course).

Uniqlo and fits - they are quite big by default. They like the over sized stuff. Makes buying online a bit tricky for a first timer. 

I will admit to having bought a made to measure white t shirt. from Son of A Tailor. Was a bit extravagant, but tbf many years later it is still like new and fits a treat. Not sure if it was worth it though. 
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1030
    I can wear t-shirts for about 2-3 days anyway, I don't sweat that much (if I do its in the gym and I have training t-shirts).

Will also check out Gildan too as they make band merch tees I used to own a few of.
    I bought a couple of T-shirts from https://www.djtees.com/pages/t-shirt-size-quality-amp-print-info  and they are printed on Gildan T-shirts.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24202
    duotone said:

I bought a couple of T-shirts from https://www.djtees.com/pages/t-shirt-size-quality-amp-print-info  and they are printed on Gildan T-shirts.
    Yeah, I've got quite a few t-shirts from DJ Tees, good quality and some of the designs are really cool (IMO, that is).
    Snap said:
    Snap said:
    @Lestratcaster ;
    nice, let us know what you think. I've got a problem with buying t shirts, especially plain white ones, seems I can't stop. Same with jeans, though I am getting better with the jeans thing.........ish

!! 
    Said they’d take 7-8 business days to arrive so will be waiting a while!

Do you have any of their mid weight T-shirt’s by way? I only went for the lightweight one cos it’s more of a summer tee I need and if I wear in the winter it’d be underneath a sweatshirt or something.

Is there a lot of difference between the light and mid weight?
    midweight is a little thicker, sturdier. Fit quite well (though that is a personal thing of course).

Uniqlo and fits - they are quite big by default. They like the over sized stuff. Makes buying online a bit tricky for a first timer. 

I will admit to having bought a made to measure white t shirt. from Son of A Tailor. Was a bit extravagant, but tbf many years later it is still like new and fits a treat. Not sure if it was worth it though. 
    Hmm, I think I'll be alright with the lightweight ones then, although I would imagine a mid-weight one would last more washes. Might give 1 tee a go.

There's a few Uniqlo stores near me so I'd be more inclined to try one on first now you mention that so thanks!
    Philly_Q said:
    duotone said:

Yeah, I've got quite a few t-shirts from DJ Tees, good quality and some of the designs are really cool (IMO, that is).
    Stopped wearing band or logo'd tees a long time ago lol. Prefer to have them plain which I imagine they'd do.
    Finally got my Arket t-shirts earlier. They fit very nicely and the lightweight material is just right (think I wouldn't have liked the mid-weight ones). Certainly great for everyday wear. Might save the Colourful Standard as going out ones.

May pick up a Community Clothing and Rapuani one next.
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6280
    @Lestratcaster ;
    you're doomed. You've got the bug. The never ending pursuit of t shirt nirvana..........

I sympathise and identify.
    @Snap Yes and its all your fault haha. But yeah I'll just get a couple more (famous last words) from different brands and that'll be it for this year at least.