Covid/Exhausted

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16156
I'd post this on Covid forum but it could languish there for a generation before reply....

I am in day 12 of C19 symptoms and really struggling....feeling of detachment/anxious/depressed and now chest congestion and zero energy. Tested POS 10 days ago...not really breathless at all but why the chest congestion and phlegm now ?

Did you struggle into a 2nd week and take some time to fully recover? This has hit me HARD and I am a bit scared
tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• notanonnotanon Frets: 624
    Sorry to hear that and hope you get well soon.

There seems to be lots of ppl around here catching a 'lurgy'. Not heard many testing though.

Did you have a runny nose when testing? Years ago I had COVID and runny nose tested positive straight away. My wife felt awful same symptoms tested negative. The next day she had a running nose and straight away, positive.

I remember feeling whacked but it sounds like you have got it fairly bad. Hang in, healthiest food you can eat, stay hydrated and rest. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12687
    I’ve had a Covid cough with morning phlegm since getting Covid in December 2020 if that’s any consolation. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3235
    I can feel another Lockdown coming on. Is there any money in the government kitty or did Boris spend it all?

Seriously, my sister and her hubbie both have it at the moment. 

@Hootsmon are your jabs up to date? Thought this virus had buggered off and I can't remember when my last jab was.
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16156
    Yeah, jabs up to date and all present and correct...I shudder to think about the results if not jabbed up to date

It's bad in the UK and Scotland too just not reported the same. Lost a LOT of weight which i can ill afford

I kid you not, I have never been so ill and the lingering feeling of dread and exhaustion is overwhelming

watch yourselves out there guys

tae be or not tae be
    Wife is a bit struggly and finds standing upright and still a bit of a chore and a hill she would eat for breakfast is now causing her some breathing problems......something is afoot I tells you
    tae be or not tae be
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3169
    Sorry to hear you’re not feeling good. I got something that felt like Covid 3 weeks ago but I tested negative. I’m still really struggling with it and am really fatigued and burned out.

Do tests throw out incorrect results often? When I had Covid before, I got clear positive test results.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Did you do just the one test? My 1st test was neg but 2nd test was POS
    tae be or not tae be
    Boots Antigen test @ £1.75 is a reasonable bit of kit and takes seconds
    tae be or not tae be
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10719
    I've had it 5 times now (wife works in care home and we like cruises ) ... normally I shrug it off but 2 weeks ago it knocked the shit out of me, basically was bedridden for 2 days. 

I have never got back the energy I had before getting covid the first time. I mean I'm alright but I feel tired so much quicker. The first time I walked the dog after having it in 2020 I had to go to bed afterwards. It's not that bad now but it's not like getting over a cold 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3169
    Hootsmon said:
    Boots Antigen test @ £1.75 is a reasonable bit of kit and takes seconds
    Yeah, that’s what I used.  I got sent to A&E last week, my GP couldn’t figure out the problem either so I had to go get checked for meningitis. It wasnt that either… so I’ve no idea what’s going on. As you suggest it might be time to take another test.
    edited July 1
    We've had almost 5 years of this beauty. I guess I can't complain about one infection in that time but I have had such a bad time, and a fright, that I am now scared shitless of ever catching it again. Perhaps time will heal that
    tae be or not tae be
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12150
    I don’t know what I’ve had for the past week, could be Covid but my friend who was with me at the TA concert on Saturday has been perfectly fine. Started from Tuesday I started to feel really tired, went to bed at 5pm on Tuesday, and slept until 7am…which I thought fixed it and I was fine for a bit on Wednesday and then slowly it got worse and worse.

i have gone through at least 6 rolls of toilet paper and 2 boxes of Kleenex blowing my nose.  the phlegm in the morning would be almost a brown wether’s original colour and slowly goes to green towards the afternoon and get clearer later in the day….giving me hope I was getting better except next morning it was just as brown again.

There was so much phlegm and mucus that it started to coming out from my eyeballs? Or tear duct?  When I am awake they would make my vision blurry because it would be on my eye balls. My eyes just watered more to get them out which cause my eyes to go blood shot.  I had to hourly wash my eyes out under the shower when I’m awake at one point.  When I was asleep they would collect on the eyelid. I would wake up middle of the night unable to open my eyes because they had dried up and acted like glue!  So I had to fumble my way into the bathroom to get water in my eye to wash it out.

My left ear has also been blocked, like under water.

About 3 days ago I started to develop a really chesty cough that makes me to have a coughing fit every few hours.

Basically all my sinuses have been under attack, my appetite has not been good even though I have tried to eat, I’ve lost 2.5kg in the last 7 days.

Today is the first day I felt better and not blown my nose anywhere as much and actually feels like I’m getting better.
    I don’t know what I’ve had for the past week, could be Covid but my friend who was with me at the TA concert on Saturday has been perfectly fine. Started from Tuesday I started to feel really tired, went to bed at 5pm on Tuesday, and slept until 7am…which I thought fixed it and I was fine for a bit on Wednesday and then slowly it got worse and worse.

i have gone through at least 6 rolls of toilet paper and 2 boxes of Kleenex blowing my nose.  the phlegm in the morning would be almost a brown wether’s original colour and slowly goes to green towards the afternoon and get clearer later in the day….giving me hope I was getting better except next morning it was just as brown again.

There was so much phlegm and mucus that it started to coming out from my eyeballs? Or tear duct?  When I am awake they would make my vision blurry because it would be on my eye balls. My eyes just watered more to get them out which cause my eyes to go blood shot.  I had to hourly wash my eyes out under the shower when I’m awake at one point.  When I was asleep they would collect on the eyelid. I would wake up middle of the night unable to open my eyes because they had dried up and acted like glue!  So I had to fumble my way into the bathroom to get water in my eye to wash it out.

My left ear has also been blocked, like under water.

About 3 days ago I started to develop a really chesty cough that makes me to have a coughing fit every few hours.

Basically all my sinuses have been under attack, my appetite has not been good even though I have tried to eat, I’ve lost 2.5kg in the last 7 days.

Today is the first day I felt better and not blown my nose anywhere as much and actually feels like I’m getting better.

Eyeballs sore and blocked ear and weight loss....I think my eyes got sore from the constant cough

My fever was a constant overheating but the wife's alternated betwixt full on freezin' and burning up
    tae be or not tae be
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12150
    I don’t have a fever though, actually that’s 1 thing I got away with, no headache…besides the sinuses with the ear blocked and my left jaw feeling a dullness. But not the typical headache feeling or fever.
    In bed at night it's like drops of acid rain falling all over body....last 12 days has been like an acid trip
    tae be or not tae be
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 924
    Never heard of snot coming out your eyes?! 
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19795
    Kurtis said:
    Search online for 'mucus coming from eyes'.
    Could be Conjunctivitis, Blepharitis, Dacryocystitis etc.
    Lots of reasons, usually as things are often interlinked, hence why ENT departments are called that ;)
    edited July 1
    Kurtis said:
    Lots of reasons, usually as things are often interlinked, hence why ENT departments are called that 
    Yeah, an infection but not snot coming from the nose! 

The E stands for Ear 
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19795
    Kurtis said:
    Kurtis said:
    Lots of reasons, usually as things are often interlinked, hence why ENT departments are called that 
    Yeah, an infection but not snot coming from the sinuses! 

The E stands for Ear 
    No shit Sherlock  ;) Eyes are segregated medically in the same way that dentistry is.
    All parts of a body, but 'the system' says no  ;)
    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321722
    edited July 1
    Kurtis said:
    Kurtis said:
    Yeah, an infection but not snot coming from the sinuses! 

The E stands for Ear 
    No shit Sherlock  Eyes are segregated medically in the same way that dentistry is.
    All parts of a body, but 'the system' says no 
    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321722
    So he had an eye infection too? 

He said, "There was so much phlegm and mucus that it started to coming out from my eyeballs?"

You're sinuses don't usually drain out your eyeballs.