Covid/Exhausted

What's Hot

Comments

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10551

I'm three weeks in with the lurgy now. Seems to clear for a day or two and the comes back with a vengeance. The cough is the worst part, can't seem to shake it.

Nowhere near what you're going through though Hoots. Seems like you've got it a bit rough of late. Hope you're feeling better soon mate.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16156
    Thanks all
    tae be or not tae be
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BarquentineBarquentine Frets: 319
    I picked up a chest infection and had 3 weeks of being hardly able to get my breath. A short walk to the corner shop would leave me gasping for breath and having to rest every few yards. I was producing incredible amounts of phlegm - never experienced anything like it. Two course of antibiotics had a minimal effect. Six weeks later and I'm still a bit snotty and coughing. I didn't test positive for Covid and it was much worse than my one experience of Covid. A couple of friends have had something very similar. Hope you recover soon.
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3751
    Have had COVID five times verified, possibly more. Was referred to long COVID clinic last November, and have first appointment in two weeks. It took me from being really quite fit - cycling, martial arts etc - to someone who struggled to climb stairs, constant joint pain, fuzzy headedness and exhaustion. (I had no sense of what chronic fatigue was until COVID have it to me ) Am slowly adjusting to the new normal. Have gotten a little stamina back - I can now walk a couple of miles without the next day being a write off. I can manage one aikido session a week. I take a number of supplements and I'm lucky inasmuch as I can work entirely from home. 

Yep. No fun. Hope you don't have long COVID. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I was very ill at the weekend. Vomiting, quick shits, fever, aches etc. Went away after a day but now super tired and exhausted just from hoovering.

Did you have any vomiting? So difficult to tell what one is ill with...
  • I’m on week 3 now. Just when I think it’s going I get the really bad cough back again. Feeling absolutely drained and anxious the last few days, again from out of nowhere. 

I already had it back in March and that cough was really bad and took 8 weeks to shift. Had a couple on months break then picked it up again from an arena show in Glasgow. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16550
    MrsTheWeary and I had it for NYE and pretty much January was just managing the basics and feeling cack.
    I did see something online about a summer surge in numbers but I don't know how that would be collated now. 
    Hope you start feeling better soon. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12150
    Today is the first day that in terms of energy wise, I am 8/10 there, but still snotty and coughing with reduced frequency.

Should be fine after the weekend hopefully.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28220
    How you doing today @Hootsmon ?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    day 14 of symptoms and still bit shitty....thanks all the same TT
    tae be or not tae be
    edited July 11
    Any of you Covid vets feel shit after week 3 or 4?

Sweats at night and burning up and a sort of post nasal drip and throat and ear congestion (likely LPR silent reflux courtesy of C19) its like an ongoing hay fever and making me miserable....anxious and depressed and really pissed

Today is week 3 since covid symptoms and week 3 ,all but two days, for positive test

I've tried fighting through the tiredness and walking out and light weights but it leaves me exhausted and bed bound sometimes.....I just can't chill and relax and accept ....I just get guilty .....you're fucked up Hoots
    tae be or not tae be
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3121
    edited July 11
    We tested positive about 3 weeks ago, 1st time either of us have had it, jabbed up to date, both surprised how bad it was, proper banging headache for a week, right behind the eyes, no energy, bloody cough, everything ached, developed into runny nose and sneezing, still got the cough and chesty congestion, struggling with motivation, deep joy….
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

^ These stories are helping in their own way to reassure me that it's quite normal and not everyone shrugs off a dose of this shit....thanks guys XX
    tae be or not tae be
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12895
    I definitely had Covid over Christmas and NY.  Tested negative but that was on a kit from the very early days of the pandemic.  I've heard anecdotally that the old kits may not detect the latest strain.  My symptoms were identical to my last positive test.

Unfortunately I felt really unwell for a full 4 weeks before I started feeling vaguely improved.  You will get there however - it feels like you'll never feel better but trust me, you will!  If your chest doesn't clear after the other symptoms have disappeared, see your surgery (a doctor might be too much to ask for) and ask for some anitibiotics to speed things up.
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1460
    Not been feeling good since Monday, tested positive yesterday, tested negative Mon, Tue and Wed morning. Just feels like a bad cold this time around.
    Offset said:
    I definitely had Covid over Christmas and NY.  Tested negative but that was on a kit from the very early days of the pandemic.  I've heard anecdotally that the old kits may not detect the latest strain.  My symptoms were identical to my last positive test.

Unfortunately I felt really unwell for a full 4 weeks before I started feeling vaguely improved.  You will get there however - it feels like you'll never feel better but trust me, you will!  If your chest doesn't clear after the other symptoms have disappeared, see your surgery (a doctor might be too much to ask for) and ask for some anitibiotics to speed things up.
    Cheers Offset...Are AB's not useless for a chest infection courtesy of Covid?

That one positive about my move tae Argyll........a phone call in the morning gets me a face tae face with Doctor of choice same day
    tae be or not tae be
    Thanks all......you are a bunch of darlin's

xx

:)
    tae be or not tae be
    Got the dreaded Covid 3 weeks ago yesterday and along with the tiredness it's the burning up in bed that still gets me 3 weeks later
    (This is Scotland so not used tae being hot in bed, LOL what a confession.......) tested self again but all clear
    tae be or not tae be
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12895
    Hootsmon said:

Cheers Offset...Are AB's not useless for a chest infection courtesy of Covid?

No, because sometimes the virus leaves you ending up with a bacterial infection if you're prone to them (which I am :-( )
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2440
    I picked up a chest infection and had 3 weeks of being hardly able to get my breath. A short walk to the corner shop would leave me gasping for breath and having to rest every few yards. I was producing incredible amounts of phlegm - never experienced anything like it. Two course of antibiotics had a minimal effect. Six weeks later and I'm still a bit snotty and coughing. I didn't test positive for Covid and it was much worse than my one experience of Covid. A couple of friends have had something very similar. Hope you recover soon.
    I had exactly the same in late Jan / early Feb. Likewise two courses of ABs were ineffective so I cleared off to Spain, hoping that escape from our shitty winter would help. It didn’t, but the breathlessness eased a little. I was coughing continuously. Went to a medical centre out there that gave me some stuff to take. It didn’t help. Back home I faced the almost impossible challenge of getting a GP appointment. Eventually succeeded because by then I was as bad as in late Jan. Had also lost 17 lbs and I’m a slim guy anyway. The doc was good, he immediately got blood tests and X-ray done. They showed extensive lung infection and pneumonia so I was given strong ABs and steroids, which did help. I was also fast-tracked for a CT scan which showed some upper lung damage. Shit!

Altogether the continuous coughing lasted four months and was totally draining. Now, nearly six months after it all kicked off, I still get easily out of breath and have nothing like the energy I had before the bug hit. It looks like being a long-term thing  :/

Get all the help you can from your doc Hoots. I hope you will soon be on the mend again.