Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

went to local Audi showroom today

What's Hot

Comments

• Saying that the Suzuki Sx4 you mentioned looks ok!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • You get dosh back from your employer? If only!!
  • I always reckoned you should buy what taxi drivers buy - reliable, cheap etc... So... Skoda Octavia?
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
    edited November 2014
    Some of the new Honda Civics (1.6L i-DTEC) seem to get a minimum 70mpg........!!
    Kia do pretty good warranty deals don't they? Anyway sorry for the thread hi-jack! Back to Audis......
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    We don't need 4wd round here. If and when we do get any snow, it's usually only for a day or so, and even then it's not bad.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73074

4WD aren't usually very economical though, right? I'm looking at 60+mpg…
    No, even the modern ones with intelligent 4WD - only engages the rear wheels when it senses loss of traction - don't seem to be quite as economical as standard 2WD. The generally slightly larger engine probably don't help, and they're usually heavier.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• We have a TT (1.8T), it goes well enough but it eats tyres & parts cost a small fortune (much more than for my old BMW 325).

Have driven a R8 & tbh it didn't feel anymore 'special' than our TT which was disappointing really. 

• thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
    edited November 2014
    I'm now seriously interested in Honda Civic 1.6L i-DTECs lol... 70mpg is amazing, they look good, and I hear Honda are reliable (servicing must cost roughly the same as a Focus, right?). Anybody anything to say about these? Just mentioned it to the girlfriend but she hates the size of the rear-view window on Hondas. I can't believe the mpg...!!

Got to say the VW Golf gets mentioned again and again and again in most articles...

I guess I should also take into account the fact that diesel is more expensive than petrol so those high mpg figures definitely look good compared to my 38mpg petrol!
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28006
    Audi does do the Quattro thing very well.

I can't think of another marque that offers 4wd across such a large range, though BMW are gradually spreading the x-drive to more models.

We've got an old Subaru estate for the 4wd when the weather gets bad, or a bit of gently cross-fielding.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • What's your face colour of car? I'm tired of silver/black/blue!
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6939
    thomasross20;407282" said:
    You get dosh back from your employer? If only!!
    Only business mileage. My car allowance package is substandard when compared to almost everyone else I know...

Previously known as stevebrum
  • Is now a bad time to mention I filled up yesterday. Full tank for 15 quid! :D
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • thomasross20;407303" said:
    I'm now seriously interested in Honda Civic 1.6L i-DTECs lol... 70mpg is amazing, they look good, and I hear Honda are reliable (servicing must cost roughly the same as a Focus, right?). Anybody anything to say about these? Just mentioned it to the girlfriend but she hates the size of the rear-view window on Hondas. I can't believe the mpg...!!

Got to say the VW Golf gets mentioned again and again and again in most articles...

I guess I should also take into account the fact that diesel is more expensive than petrol so those high mpg figures definitely look good compared to my 38mpg petrol!
    My wife has the civic 1.6D. Great car, very much a tardis, put the back seats down and you have a small van.
    But we do not get 70+mpg more around 60 but then most of our driving is in and around London.
    I'd go well the Honda over the golf any day, so much more room for the money and it looks cool as well.
    Is now a bad time to mention I filled up yesterday. Full tank for 15 quid! :D
    Yes, but that was water for your camel.

• Be careful buying a new diesel. Make sure you drive the right type of journeys ( as manufacturers say), otherwise you may have DPF issues. If you live in London they are about to screw you (other city's may join in).
    Driving a diesel myself right now, I love the way it drives. Powerful (stacks of torque) and great economy even with permanent 4wd.but... Will buy a modern petrol next.
    Only do around 8000 a year so to be honest mpg is a small factor.
    I ran a Honda Crv for eight years,brilliant but bland. Been through the MPV stage (VW Sharan) when the kids were small. Then a 7 seat Disco.
    Time for this old boy to have some fun.
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3099
    This thread has made me want a Golf GTi. I've got another 4 years till I finish paying off my current car so I won't be getting one soon. Still, 5 door GTi with plenty of room for a small family in the future and decent enough power to have a bit of fun :)
  • Is now a bad time to mention I filled up yesterday. Full tank for 15 quid! :D
    Actually, water is often more expensive than petrol...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Is now a bad time to mention I filled up yesterday. Full tank for 15 quid! :D
    Actually, water is often more expensive than petrol...
    That's why it was £15, then!

• Just read on my Facebook feed of a fatal crash in Rochdale this morning where two Audis crashed spectacularly, while racing....
  • Iamnobody said:
    thomasross20;407282" said:
    You get dosh back from your employer? If only!!
    Only business mileage. My car allowance package is substandard when compared to almost everyone else I know...

Still, great that you get any package. Are you sales or something??