Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Tremolo pedals... what is the best one???

What's Hot
Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
What's the best tremolo pedal out there? The fullest and most feature rich. Curious really. Been playing with this Seymour Duncan tremolo pedal, and it's quite good. Having one in the effects loop followed by delay and reverb leads to some interesting tones. But I'm wondering if there is one out there that does loads of insane patterns and can respond to pick attack and stuff like that.... Strymon Flint???
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Empress looks good. Very good. I'm gassing over a Zvex Sonar too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Zvex tremorama or probe!

They can do some pretty bonkers stuff, the tremorama is a step trem.

The Seymour Duncan one is actually quite feature rich for a trem I thought - different waveform shapes (well, a couple), tap tempo etc.

The line 6 m5 has tons of them, and loads of wave forms and stuff. When I want a trem, I'm probably getting an m5.
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    I like the step trems on the m5 and the Linn III
    I like the Tremulus Lune for non-tap stuff - very dynamic
    and the Caitlinbread Semaphore v1 is good for a range of trem sounds.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • The Flint is very good but very 60's amp type sounds rather than staccato on/offs and ramps and funny rhythms. 

Pattern Trem on the Mobius looks excellent, but probably a bit overkill on price for just one purpose. The M9 has a good pattern trem too, but I can't remember whether you still have yours or not...!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • You'd have to go some to beat this for features on a stand-alone tremolo pedal ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsE3lPcYa-k
  • EQD Hummingbird
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Empress trem gets a lot of love

How far wrong can you go with a second hand boss? 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17626
    tFB Trader
    The flint sounds great but it's a vintage amp trem emulator

How about the boss slicer or the pigtronix tremvelope
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I do love Boss pedals for cheapness and ease of use. hmmmmm...
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Drew_fx said:
    I do love Boss pedals for cheapness and ease of use. hmmmmm...
    plus,easy to sell on if your not a fan. The used market for Boss is acctiiiivveee
  • Suhr Jack Rabbit is great. Compact, all the waveforms you'd need (sine, square, triangle, ramp up and down), tap/strum tempo, transparent sounding and with a cracking clean boost to take it way beyond unity and add sparkle.
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    I like the mooer trelicopter, or the demeter trumlator I suppose as thats what its a clone off.

The M series can respond to pick attack but I really dont like the sound of the pulse.
  • Suhr Jack Rabbit is great. Compact, all the waveforms you'd need (sine, square, triangle, ramp up and down), tap/strum tempo, transparent sounding and with a cracking clean boost to take it way beyond unity and add sparkle.
    +1 I really like the ramp down for an almost delay like tremolo.
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    The Demeter Tremulator does sound excellent but it has a distinct volume boost when engaged which is annoying.
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    I think most trems have a volume boost to make up for the percieved volume loss right? Thats not to say the tremulators is accurate tho.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    TRex Tremster sounds lush
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • GavHaus said:
    Empress looks good. Very good. I'm gassing over a Zvex Sonar too.
    I have the Empress mk1 version, it's an amazing pedal, I love it - tempo tap, rythmic modulation, note division and different types of waves forms, for what I do, it's perfect. 
  • As I suspected. If the Superdelay is anything to go by, Empress know their Onions. @meltedbuzzbox swears by the multidrive too.
  • Empress are brilliant

but for price the EQD humming bird is a beast
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    GavHaus said:
    As I suspected. If the Superdelay is anything to go by, Empress know their Onions. @meltedbuzzbox swears by the multidrive too.
    I don't want an onion. I want a tremolo pedal.

*giggle*