Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Tremolo pedals... what is the best one???

What's Hot

Comments

• Get a multi effects then, that'll do shallot. Badum tish.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    edited November 2014

Diamond TRM1, had one for a birthday present a couple of years ago, Great sound, lovely in fact.

But pricy £$£

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've used a Monte Allums modded Boss TR2 for years and it's ace.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • I use a Trelicopter which does what I need (especially in the micro format) but saw Jesse Davey using a Suhr Jack Rabbit a couple of weeks ago - amazing  sounds - that would be my choice in an ideal world
  • hugbot;415364" said:
    I think most trems have a volume boost to make up for the percieved volume loss right? Thats not to say the tremulators is accurate tho.
    I think for in front of the amp some form of boost is desirable on a trem. Due to the nature of the effect you can hear tremolo as an overall volume loss. IIRC the Boss ones don't have any boost, even the Marshall one had a fixed level of boost. That Suhr has quite a lot of boost.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited November 2014
    hugbot;415364" said:
    I think most trems have a volume boost to make up for the percieved volume loss right? Thats not to say the tremulators is accurate tho.
    I think for in front of the amp some form of boost is desirable on a trem. Due to the nature of the effect you can hear tremolo as an overall volume loss. IIRC the Boss ones don't have any boost, even the Marshall one had a fixed level of boost. That Suhr has quite a lot of boost.
    My little Joyo trem boosts the signal a fair bit as well. Sometimes I turn the intensity down and use it as a volume boost for my fuzz :D
    Drew, have you seen the Moog MF-Trem? Might not be ideal (quite big and not as many features as some others out there) but does sound great... expression pedal compatible too. I really want to try one for myself.

- "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30927
    @drew_fx

If you can find one, the Monster Effects Swamp Thing is the most delicious brownface trem ever created. It's the best pedal they make and a king of trems. The only reason I got rid of mine was the onboard trem on my Twinolux.

http://www.monstereffects.com/swamp2.html

Truly worth the wait...check out TGP reviews. Droolsome pedal. I beseech you to get this as I know how much you'll love it.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Just try a load..... and then eventually you'll end up coming back to the Shape Shifter because it's da fuckin' bomb bruv!
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7877
    HANDS DOWN, the best tremolo I've ever heard is a Pigtronix tremvelope.

A truly awesome pedal.

Marlin
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11905
    I never liked trem until I got a 1963 Tremolux, with Bias trem. Amazing shimmery trem - different to the choppy on/off volume trems

The Flint does a reasonable impersonation of this, so I bought one, Good reverb options on it too. I still like it
  • Diamond tremolo for my money.
    Tap tempo and adjustable volume, both essentials for me.
    Then add in a range of waveforms and rhythmic subdivisions, plus doublespeed and it does everything i can use in a tremolo.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5170
    Seriously Mooer Trelicopter blew me away for £30 2nd hand. Try one
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17626
    tFB Trader
    tone1 said:
    Seriously Mooer Trelicopter blew me away for £30 2nd hand. Try one
    It's a great pedal, but again it's an amp style trem. If Drew wants patterns and chop this aint the pedal. 
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    hmmmm... so far only really the Boss Slicer and the Pigtronix Tremvelope are interesting me.
  • Dr Scientist Tremolessence is great for square wave choppy stuff.
  • Empress does a billion different patterns
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    Build yourself a Shoot the Moon II (a derivative of a Tremulous Lune). Not only one of the best Trem's out there, also one of the simplest. Grind Customs do a board for that one called the Electric Boogaloo.
    JFYI, I'm not really after authentic amp style tremolo from a bygone era. I'm after future sounds.
    B-)
  • Drew_fx;416283" said:
    JFYI, I'm not really after authentic amp style tremolo from a bygone era. I'm after future sounds.

B-)
    GAK have a slicer used for £100. No idea if that's a good price or not but it's a totally bonkers pedal. :)
    tempted...