Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

People on subways and trains

What's Hot
No, not with dark party bars and shiny Cadillac cars

The people actually on trains. I'm currently on a Virgin train from Birmingham to London for a gig, and i treated myself to first class as it was cheap. I reserved a seat.

So on i get, somebody sat in the seat marked reserved, opposite his business bum chum or whatever, both looking at me like "don't you dare sit by us you smelly heathen". So i decide to be a bit huffy, make a fuss about getting stuff out of my bag etc, expecting they might get the point, apparently not. I'm too nice to say anything so i know its my own fault

Ive also learnt one of them is a BMW driver (which figures) as he has made three phone calls trying to get a fiver off a replacement tyre at three different Kwik Fits

Why do people people Muppets as soon as they board a train?
Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Those kind are a slander on the name of Muppet regardless of whether they're in First Class or behind the wheel of a BMW. There is a theory that driving a BMW for long enough turns you into one, but some have suggested it's being one that makes you drive a BMW ...
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

So you made him move presumably?  I only take shit off evil little old ladies.  Suits are no excuse.

I would have gone to the toilet, come back with my face drenched in water and pretended to be a gap year student who had just come back from Liberia.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8497
    I once had someone try to get me to move by showing me a ticket on which they'd scrawled in biro the seat number I was in. I told them to go and get a guard if they thought I was in the wrong place.

Fucking trains. Avoid at all cost!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Helpless people on a subway train scream bug-eyed as he looks in on them.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    So you didn't like these guys coz they looked at you funny and one of them used a phone?
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15844
    seems reasonable to me.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

Cirrus said:
    I once had someone try to get me to move by showing me a ticket on which they'd scrawled in biro the seat number I was in. I told them to go and get a guard if they thought I was in the wrong place.

Fucking trains. Avoid at all cost!
    Seriously?  I would be furious.  I know this is the day and age where no one will get up from their seat to allow a 9 month gone pregnant women to sit down, in fairness, probably because they take the view that their wages are supporting her and her baby, fair enough, but for people to actively get someone else to move for their own selfish gain is beyond belief.  What sort of society do we live in where the only guy/girl on a 6 man life raft stamps on everyone else's heads, causing them to drown, because they are encroaching on his/her space?  Events such as these should be solved with extreme acts of random violence to settle the cosmic equilibrium and people need to see it to think about the realities of what they are doing.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Why didn't you make him move?
    My V key is broken
  • dchwhitedchwhite Frets: 182
    Could be worse - my train has just hit a horse :(

Reckon we might be home by midnight.
    Stonevibe: 'The best things in life aren't things'.

Trading feedback: Previous (+18) and Current

dchwhite said:

What a mare.....
    13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15844
    oi, this is neigh laughing matter.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

That's wot horses do innit? Go training?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I have never gone first class anyway so the answer is mostly hypothetical.
  • jellyroll;418061" said:
    So you didn't like these guys coz they looked at you funny and one of them used a phone?
    Lol no no, the phone was ancillary info as it informed me they were bmw drivers, and illustrated the stereotype a little more

What I resent is the snobby attitude, especially when they were in my window/power socket seat. I'm not an unreasonable person so if they'd acknowledged this i would have let them stay there so they were opposite each other and they could play footsie etc but just struck me as a stinky attitude. They also said "ergh" at my sandwich, so i made a point of making subtle yum yum food noises throughout eating it. Passive aggressive much
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    edited November 2014
    I'm getting confused at who I should feel sympathy for now. you or the poor old BMW commuter whose car was off the road and was forced to take the train and share his seat with an orienteering, greasy haired musician who got a deal on a first class seat whilst eating a egg sandwich. If it came down to a Braveheart moment dare I say it, I might actually side with the Beamer driver.  I think the egg sandwich was the decider.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    jellyroll;418061" said:
    Lol no no, the phone was ancillary info as it informed me they were bmw drivers, and illustrated the stereotype a little more

What I resent is the snobby attitude, especially when they were in my window/power socket seat. I'm not an unreasonable person so if they'd acknowledged this i would have let them stay there so they were opposite each other and they could play footsie etc but just struck me as a stinky attitude. They also said "ergh" at my sandwich, so i made a point of making subtle yum yum food noises throughout eating it. Passive aggressive much
    Ah, I didn't get the bit about them being in your seat. Fair enough. They're tw*ts. 
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited November 2014
    dchwhite said:

WTF was your train doing in a field in the first place?
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    dchwhite said:

WTF was your train doing in a field in the first place?
    It was the Pony Express, obviously. Duh!  ;)
    Egg sandwich eater vs seat stealing cocky BMW driver.  I call that a draw.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I once bought a ticket from Oxford to Devon, in advance, to travel on the 23rd of December. When I got to the train on the day (with the beginnings of proper flu in progress) it turned out the only "seat 14 in carriage D", or whatever it was, was in First, so I sat in it anyway. Of course that train was the one that day with an inspector and he was a jobsworth dick who told me to move, and that any clerical oversight was not his fault or his problem and I'd be arrested if I was still there when he got back. Being 23rd December this of course entailed there were no other seats free on the entire train so I sat on the floor in the buffet car. 

I honestly don't think I've ben on a train since. Fuck em.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires