Boss pedals - I do love 'em... but daaaammmnnnn they're noisy....

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• @Drew_fx, what you need is some sort of all in one solution without any of the seepage that people are talking about on here.

Have you thought about a Fractal Audio Sys..   Nope, OK.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72397
    @Drew_fx, what you need is some sort of all in one solution without any of the seepage that people are talking about on here.
    I think a GT-100 would be ideal.

;)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6181
    tFB Trader
    i mod boss pedals, they are built to a price and use some truly awful components that seem to just add hiss, noise and crap into your signal chain. the boss ge-7 eq is one of the best around.....apart from the horrendous noise it adds to your signal. I modded the GE-7 and now it is near silent, sounds great and does what it is supposed to do. i just wish it came like that from the factory.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    thorpy6 said:
    i mod boss pedals, they are built to a price and use some truly awful components that seem to just add hiss, noise and crap into your signal chain. the boss ge-7 eq is one of the best around.....apart from the horrendous noise it adds to your signal. I modded the GE-7 and now it is near silent, sounds great and does what it is supposed to do. i just wish it came like that from the factory.
    What mods??

FWIW, once I figured out not to put the Nova in the chain and not to have things close to the PSU, the noise level is fine.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17626
    tFB Trader
    Drew_fx said:
    It sounds like your isolated PSU is not so isolated
    Nah I don't think that is it. Isolation doesn't do anything for RF interference, it just means that each of the outputs themselves are isolated from one another.

I might just go back to a 1-spot!
    Yeah I'm sure the outputs are isolated from each other, but that's pretty pointless if it's not isolated from pissing RF noise all over the place. I have my mic preamp mounted on top of my Hotstone and it's totally silent.
  • How about a Kempster?
    :D
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445

How about a Kempster?
    :D
    As soon as they put delays and reverbs in front of the amp section, I'd certainly consider using just the Kemper and a midi controller for my effects setup - along with my Sig X ;)
  • dilbertdilbert Frets: 203
    Drew_fx said:
    thorpy6 said:
    What mods??

I did the Monte Allums mod to mine and it' s almost silent now. As thorpy6 said, decent pedal let down by some dire components.