Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Bacon cooked-ness?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• hobbiohobbio Frets: 3441
    VimFuego said:
    not cork sniffery at all, properly reared meat tastes better and has a much higher welfare standard. This is important to me, I'd rather eat less high quality meat than lots of mass produced garbage.
    Me too, but when it comes to bacon it's all good as far as I'm concerned.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • You do get some shit bacon that shrivels up and produces loads of water. Hate it, always disappointed when it gets cooked. My wife buys it sometimes when I have failed to properly instruct her.
    Use Your Brian
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Lixarto;426875" said:
    Crispy. Grilled not fried.
    Not quite crispy - but not flaccid.

Fat cut off and grilled.

I'm on a diet....
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    edited November 2014
    VimFuego said:
    not cork sniffery at all, properly reared meat tastes better and has a much higher welfare standard. This is important to me, I'd rather eat less high quality meat than lots of mass produced garbage.
    You'd need less of it to feed you properly if it's good stuff. I noticed some time ago that 2 slices off the breast of a corn-fed chicken is just as good as a whole breast of plumped-up watery one.

edit - better, actually
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6328
    tFB Trader
    the proper answer here is crispy but....... the best way to cook it is as follows. oil in the pan, low heat. this removes the water from the bacon. Drain it, then put some oil back in the pan, medium heat cook till the fat has rendered out and is crispy but leaving the meat juicy. perfection overtime. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • You know that really rectangular strips of bacon that the american do, usually so crispy it shatters rather than cuts...basically anything other than that.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • mmmmm bacon.

It's got to be the thick cut maple cured from the local butcher (no white scum, which seems to be a fairly new thing with supermarket bacon)

Fat should be crisp the meat just done.

Then thickly spread unsalted butter, a fried egg with a runny yolk on thickly cut tiger bread.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Pan fried, with the squishing of the fat/ rind to have soft meat and crunchy fat FTW. On toast, with Lurpak, a fried egg and brown sauce.

Or, and I don't know what kind of Canadian bacon voodoo this is, but the way my GF cooks bacon in the oven to come out almost the same as the pan fried but just a tad more evenly done is a wonder to behold (and eat!). This method is always accompanied with sausages, pancakes, scrambled eggs and maple syrup, NOM!

A bacon and cheese butty cured me of vegetarianism in the early '90's! ;)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • All excess fat on the edge cut off for starters. Done to "Nearly Crispy" but not so hard that you could cut out plectrum shaped pieces and play Guitar with it.

It has to be Pan fried with Sunflower Oil for Definite and then I completely defeat the object of cutting off the excess fat by immersing a slice of Warburtons in that lovely, juicy, salty bacon fat. Love fried bread, but it must be bacon fat anything else is just uncouth.

Can't stand Bacon done "Rare".
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Love fried bread, but it must be bacon fat anything else is just uncouth.
    http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/37089870.jpg
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Love fried bread, but it must be bacon fat anything else is just uncouth.
    http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/37089870.jpg
    Yep, that's the look, right there.

;-)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.