Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

So what am I going to have for Crimbo dinner?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• ^^^ maybe dig out her smeg first with a Twiglet or Matchmaker?

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FX_Munkee said:
    I'm still hovering about opening the Vieux Telegraphe for the meal, it's a 2007 so it's a tricky decision.
    </cork sniffer>
    Nice :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    ^^^ maybe dig out her smeg first with a Twiglet or Matchmaker?
    Jesus dude, you're fucking gross. Twiglets???!! Ew.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FX_Munkee said:
    We're at my brother in laws this year so I'm not doing the dinner.
    I will be making my usual "Coca-Cola Ham*" and "pigs in blankets a la Munkee*" to help him out though.
    *Gammon joint stewed in coke then covered in treacle, mustard, cloves and sugar and baked.
    *good sausage meat mixed with chopped dried cranberries, fresh parsley and wrapped in good smoked streaky.
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15896
    we're having the neighbours round for Christmas lunch.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2491
    VimFuego said:
    Punchline is missing.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    FX_Munkee said:
    VimFuego said:
    Punchline is missing.

He slipped the word "round" in to cover his tracks.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    lloyd said:
    Turkey with trimmings for us, unless they have goose when I go to buy the turkey tomorrow.

And a bottle of Perrier Jouet Belle Epoque from my last trip through duty free. That's the important bit :)
    Great choice with the Champagne, I'm going Billecart-Salmon/Bollinger-depending on the offers at the wine merchants.
    TBH it was the best value posh one at Dubai duty free! Pretty bottle though. We had a bottle of Dom Perignon last year which was nice but not spectacular if I'm honest. High hopes for this one :D
    DP is ok but (like all champagne to one extent or another) massively overpriced for what it is-you're paying for the name-avoid Critstal like the plague for this reason x10. The PJ Belle Epoque is IMO a superior drink.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lloyd said:
    lloyd said:
    Turkey with trimmings for us, unless they have goose when I go to buy the turkey tomorrow.

And a bottle of Perrier Jouet Belle Epoque from my last trip through duty free. That's the important bit :)
    Great choice with the Champagne, I'm going Billecart-Salmon/Bollinger-depending on the offers at the wine merchants.
    TBH it was the best value posh one at Dubai duty free! Pretty bottle though. We had a bottle of Dom Perignon last year which was nice but not spectacular if I'm honest. High hopes for this one :D
    DP is ok but (like all champagne to one extent or another) massively overpriced for what it is-you're paying for the name-avoid Critstal like the plague for this reason x10. The PJ Belle Epoque is IMO a superior drink.
    That's good to hear. I've never had Cristal but not heard a good word from those who have. I had a taste of the Churchill Pol Roger a few years ago. That was really good stuff.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Cristal at every level (that I've been lucky/unlucky enough to try) has been pretty bad to be honest-pretty insipid uninspiring stuff that I wouldn't want to pay £25 for nevermind £100's....

Pol Roger is a great Champagne-never had the Churchill, maybe next year?

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    lloyd said:
    lloyd said:

DP is ok
    Cool. Glad we got that sorted! ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Drew_fx said:
    lloyd said:
    lloyd said:

DP is ok
    Cool. Glad we got that sorted! ;)
    It's ok with me if it's ok with you ;) x

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    ^^^ maybe dig out her smeg first with a Twiglet or Matchmaker?

Classy.

• Ok, Clicquot, Remy xo and some nuts. Snooze in front of the telly with some Rover biscuits.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9831
    edited December 2014
    Michael McIntyre's take on Christmas food... from 2:25 onwards

I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it