Elite: Dangerous

What's Hot

Comments

• Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4700
    I use the top hat for up/down/left/right can really help in combat for extra tight turning circles
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27086
    I use the top hat for up/down/left/right can really help in combat for extra tight turning circles
    I used to do that, but when you're doing more complex manoevres while firing, it helps to be able to boost and use FA off while using thrusters - at that point, the thrusters have to be on the other stick (or you need more than the usual complement of thumbs).
    <space for hire>
  • racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 1019
    you pc people have it easy what with your flight sticks and voice commands e.t.c  :P

have spent the past 20 hours grinding a trade route and now have 111 million saved. had to go to solo mode after some commander pirates were there and interdicted me twice in a row. ended up blowing myself up rather than giving in to them lol.

i can almost touch the anaconda now 
    :D
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

edited May 2016
    you pc people have it easy what with your flight sticks and voice commands e.t.c  :P

have spent the past 20 hours grinding a trade route and now have 111 million saved. had to go to solo mode after some commander pirates were there and interdicted me twice in a row. ended up blowing myself up rather than giving in to them lol.

i can almost touch the anaconda now 
    You'd better hope you get that Conda before 2.1 drops. If they don't tone down the AI, it's going to be a lot harder to do pretty much anything - the NPC ships are genuinely dangerous now (I got complacent and had my Vulture's shields taken down by an Adder of all things last night), and not only that...they're much more tenacious and will chase you even if you escape to Supercruise, and sometimes even if you jump to another system.
    <space for hire>
    no worries about getting the conda digital,i now have it (in bling gold daddio  :D

it's bloody awesome man,have some saving to do to get the top rated stuff,but it is definitely capable atm (have 5 beam lasers inc huge hardpoint,and 3 multi cannons fitted).

at first i was very nervous about flying it (due to how big and expensive it is),but after flying it now for a good 8-10 hours,i am getting a lot more comfortable flying it (have fitted a docking computer at the recommendation of my online friends and it is bloody great :-)

i flipping loves it  
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24864
    I feel like such a noob.

I've just done my very first bulletin board mission and earned abut 8000!

And I'm very pleased with myself! :D

Just need several hundred grand more for a good ship.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

I feel like such a noob.

I've just done my very first bulletin board mission and earned abut 8000!

And I'm very pleased with myself! :D

Just need several hundred grand more for a good ship.
    Good work :)

I'll say this - if you plan on making money by bounty hunting, you really want to get going on that ASAP. It's the quickest way to earn money (apart from smuggling runs from Robigo) once your ship's up to a decent combat fit, but it's going to get a lot harder once 2.1 hits.

My advice? Get yourself a Viper Mk III and get decent lasers on it as soon as you possibly can (preferably with some reinforced armour and A-rated shields), and get cracking.
    <space for hire>
    Right.

I managed to scoop up 3 tons of illicit cargo in an Anarchy System I thought I would have a look at.

Internet suggested that the Kremainn System had a Black Market. It has 2 stations, Wohler Terminal and Volta Station.

Neither of them have a Black Market in the Contact list when docked.

So what do I do with the cargo now? I've only got 14 grand and each ton appears to be worth another 1500 or so so I'd like to sell if I can.

Does the Black Market status change? Or do I need to go elsewhere? If so, how do I find a system that actually has a Black Market?

ta

• NomadNomad Frets: 549

Try flogging it in the normal commodities market. Anarchy places aren't quite as fussy as the goody-two-shoes joints full of officious tossers, and don't necessarily see things like drugs, slaves, etc, as illegal.

Otherwise, use the galaxy and system maps to find a place nearby that has a station with a black market.

Nomad
    Nobody loves me but my mother... and she could be jivin' too...

Do the system maps show if there is a black market?

• NomadNomad Frets: 549
    Yes - info panel on the left (might have to click a tab/icon at the top). I think you click the planet, and a list of the station facilities appears on the left. For a surface station, you zoom into the planet until you get the planet schematic, and then click the surface place.

Nomad
    Nobody loves me but my mother... and she could be jivin' too...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @fretmeister - do you want a bit of a leg up? I'm going to be online tomorrow morning, so if you want to meet up I can drop as much platinum as you can carry. Or...we can do that to get you a combat-capable ship and I can take you bounty hunting in a wing, which could net you a million or so for 45 minutes' work.

I've long thought that the initial grind from a Sidewinder is more or less pointless, because you don't really learn anything over the first few weeks that you couldn't glean from the forums in half an hour.
    <space for hire>
    Alas I will be playing some bass with my daughters music group tomorrow.

In today's adventures I've been killed by "Mark Sanders" who informed me he wanted my paltry 4 tons of illicit cargo. And then I did another bulletin board mission and now I have about 90K in the bank after escaping 2 interdictions.

Haven't managed to kill anyone yet as the only people who have attacked me have been in much better ships so I've run like a little bitch.

The Sidewinder is a pile of shit, but it's all I've got. Although I did upgrade something internal to give me a longer jump range to complete today's mission.

I would like to take you up on the offer, I just can't do it tomorrow.

A ship with weapons that actually seem to harm stuff would be nice!

OK - could probably do it on Sunday if that works for you?

Send me a friend request in-game (same name as here), and we can meet up. I'll need to buy a ship capable of hauling enough cargo to make it worth it without cripplingly-bad jump range...an ASP ought to do it, I think.
    <space for hire>
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I'm tempted to get this but it would have to be on the X Box which is putting me off a bit.

Is it still worth a punt?
    ennspek said:
    I'm tempted to get this but it would have to be on the X Box which is putting me off a bit.

I know combat's harder on the Xbox, purely because game controllers aren't ideal for this kind of game; on PCs, a HOTAS-equipped player will almost always beat somebody using a gamepad.
    <space for hire>
    edited May 2016
    ennspek said:

it's most definitely worth it (have been playing xbox one elite for about 2 1/2 months now,and have barely played anything else).

the horizons/engineers update is due at the end of june also (cannot wait). 

especially as it's on special offer atm on xbox gold :-)  

• ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Taken a punt on it, can't go far wrong for £15.
    I used to love the original on my BBC B micro. I even bought a big floppy disk drive just for it.

Wire frame graphics looked so amazing back then. I'm soon old :-(

I'm looking forward to having a bash when it installs a week on Tuesday, bloody Xbox.
    edited May 2016
    By the way...a quick tip for anyone into combat: if you're using shield boosters and your opponent gets your shields down, nip into the right-hand panel and turn the shield boosters off. They're useless for the rest of the fight anyway (when you're under constant fire, your shields will never get up to full un-boosted strength, so you won't need them), but without them your shields will come back quicker.

This is because the shield generator needs to charge itself back up to 50% of its full strength including boosts before the shields will come back online.

To help with this, I tend to keep my right-hand panel set to the Modules tab all the time, and I always keep the upper of my shield boosters selected so that when my shields go down, I can boost (speed) past the opponent, start the turn and quickly disable the boosters in one move.

If you win, don't forget to turn the boosters back on, though. If you lose...do it when you're brought back to life in the station ;)

This tip is absolutely critical in PvP fights - particularly if you have bi-weave shields which are weaker but really fast coming back - but handy when you're up against it in PvE combat too. In 2.1 it's going to be more important than ever for PvE, because the NPC ships will very often be using Engineer-upgraded modules and weapons (especially the higher-ranked ones).

SIDE NOTE: If you die and rebuy your ship, there's a bug in 2.0 which keeps all your modules enabled/disabled as they were before your death (correct), but always re-enables the cargo hatch (bug). Most combat pilots disable the cargo hatch, because it eats a lot of power but is of absolutely no use on a combat ship.
    <space for hire>
    I couldn't get on at all at the weekend.

Bah.