Elite: Dangerous

What's Hot
1202122232426»

Comments

• I wouldn't bother with heavy-duty boosters, by the way. All they do is result in a slightly weaker effective shield relative to resistance-augmented boosters, while pushing up your regen times.

I just use three resistance-augmented boosters on my Vulture. AAB, for an overall strength of around 500MJ for insanely-fast recharge speed while being able to resist pretty much anything. In a PvP fight, fast recharge is more important than overall strength, because it results in more time spend with shields up.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just a little reminder for interested parties...there's a live stream tonight at 7pm UK time, where they'll give us the 2.4 release date, and they're going to go through the Thargoid lore (ie confirm what's canon, what's not and stuff we don't know up to this point).
    <space for hire>
  • Feckin' Feds...first contact (again), and they've blown it for us...again.
    <space for hire>
  • The face of a man who could do with a new pair of pants...

<space for hire>
    mason.jpg 61.9K
  • BorkBork Frets: 259
    edited September 2017

Damn...I can't remember where I was before I headed off to Cheung's place - one of the Engineers' planets has 1.4% ruthenium. I'm pretty sure it was either Selene Jean's planet or Didi Vatermann's, with an outside chance it was Marco Qwent's. Check their planets in the gal map, if you're anywhere nearby.

EDIT: Wait, if you use ED Materializer, you'll see that there's ruthenium on Laksak A 1.
    Yeah I was on laksa a1a but the ruthenium drops disappeared on me. I mean that literally, the ruthenium would pop up as one of three drops and half a second later there would only be two. I'm now in a scorpius system with 2% percentage ruthenium and have finally picked some up but it's slow progress.

Originally i had a lot of resistance augmemted boosters and swapped most of tbem to heavy duty. Now I seem to have over invested in heavy duty!  But we will see for sure after I have balanced the three resistances out evenly and got them to 60%

Is there any point in going for more than 60%?

[This space for rent]

• well i have just bought a ps4 on thursday and copy of ed.

i have to confess that i have been playing ed on my xb1 for over a year and am very happy where i am atm in the game,but i am also quite looking forward to starting from scratch again.

man i have spent the past 2 days in my sidey trying to earn a crust by doing data delivery missions. i have to confess that i have gone now to quince also (before 2.4 update hits on the 26th sept,nerfs it).

i currently have just over 2 mill now and am planning on saving towards a dbx then d rating it and going out into the black for a while.

failing that i will get a cobra mk 3 and a rate that then go from there.

although the upcoming interaction with our new alien overlords might scupper those plans lol (not by me attacking them i must add/am no combat expert).

fly safe commanders o7   
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• Ive just got back into this game after over a year off.  Took me a few hours to get the hang of flying again and locking in the muscle memory for the multiple controls on my HOTAS, but its good to be back.  Still finding navigating in the galaxy map a big pain.  Data missions appear to be the  way to go to gain initial credits.  

• Ive just got back into this game after over a year off.  Took me a few hours to get the hang of flying again and locking in the muscle memory for the multiple controls on my HOTAS, but its good to be back.  Still finding navigating in the galaxy map a big pain.  Data missions appear to be the  way to go to gain initial credits.  
    Yeah - when I reset my save, data missions were the quickest way to get started. However, once I got my Eagle upgraded it was bounties all the way; combat is by far the fastest way to earn credits up to 100m or so, especially when there are CGs about. Even a single kill logged against the CG can net you a million credits if the CG completes successfully.

I went from a stock Eagle (I'm a Kickstarter backer, so I get to start as an Imperial Bounty Hunter in an Eagle - which fit my new CMDR's back story perfectly) to a combat-spec Vulture in about 3 days (6-7 hours of play), I think. Mind you, it took me another month of playing to get the Vulture engineered to the point where it was properly useful.
    <space for hire>
    edited September 2017
    I've just finished grinding and re-engineering shields/shield boosters for Python, Cutter and Corvette.  I've been so impressed with the maneuverability of the Corvette (and it's shields are now slightly stronger than the Cutter) that I've downgraded my battle Cutter to a heavily shielded and fast shopping trolley (and sold the other one).  This also had the advantage of freeing up a few hundred credits.

I've also thrown overcharged MC's and efficient beams onto the Corvette and it only takes a few shots to demolish an eagle once it's shields are down.  Overcharged beams have been installed in my Python too, just to see if I prefer them to the efficient upgrade.  Right now, I'm at Maia (just before the big download) getting the lighter thrusters on my Anaconda engineered and then...

...well, all hell breaks loose tomorrow, doesn't it?  Maybe those spare credits will get absorbed by a Type 10 purchase...assuming that it won't need to be earned through a grind with the Alliance.

[This space for rent]

• So anybody met a Thargoid yet? Now have a Xeno scanner and Xeno missile racks in storage. Currently grinding for at least 20 buybacks of my A rated level three engineered python
  • Today I touched a Thargoid well it rammed me whilst I was scanning it. Got away quick enough even though it started attacking me. Only 2% damage.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    So anybody met a Thargoid yet? Now have a Xeno scanner and Xeno missile racks in storage. Currently grinding for at least 20 buybacks of my A rated level three engineered python
    Not yet, this week I have been focussing on hull tanking instead.  When that's done, I'll power play align and and fight for black fleet faction for a month.  Should be simple to get the prismatics for python, vette and cutter.  Then, depending on whether credits are low, I'll either do passenger missions at rhea for creds or trade imp slaves in the cutter until I hit elite.

Then I'll look at joining in the thargoid fun if I can find a wing in the same time zone as me. Not sure that taking one on single handedly is wise.  Apparently they are distracted by food - meta alloys and won't attack while feeding.  But will launch a secondary fighter when they've finished.

[This space for rent]

The player faction I'm a member of effectively broke the game this week, as the culmination of a prolonged and systematic 18 month long military campaign.  I don't wish to give the game away (cough) but an announcement will be posted by Frontier on Galnet soon.

[This space for rent]

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7710
    Intriguing!
    Red ones are better. 
    All credit to the guys leading the faction, they exploited the game mechanics like villainous masterminds and it's all legit.  No exploitation involved, just a hard and focussed slog.  The rewards are going to be quite juicy... 

[This space for rent]

edited November 2017
    https://community.elitedangerous.com/en/galnet/10-NOV-3303

The announcement concerning Tiliala permits is on Galnet finally. 

[This space for rent]