Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

When you escaping work for Xmas?

What's Hot

Comments

• This evening. Until Mon 5/1. :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Finished on Wednesday, back in on 27th :D
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    Finished 30th December 2013 not been back yet on doctors orders
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8852
    I finished last week. Since then I've been attending to a ten year backlog of household maintenance
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Last Friday, although I had to take some work in on Tuesday.
    My V key is broken
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3967
    IanSavage;449815" said:
    Deadman said:

Just finished now until 5th.

GTFI.

Snap! :) where's the pub?
    I really wanted to go. Had to drive to Northampton to pick my daughter up from uni though! Little menace isn't even packed yet.
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6274
    Someone shout me name?!

Its five miuntes down the road mate, Prince of Wales, Ill have a Guinness...

I reckon I will finish sometime on the 23rd, and work intermittently through the xmas period, see how it goes. We're dead busy, which is good fee wise, but not so good for having a rest/ and I'm totally knackered (which partly explains my ranting now and again, err...)

Anyway, everyone, have a great time, festive fun and family & friends.

I raise a  glass to you all!
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Whenever I close the shop Christmas eve until the 2nd officially, but during the week we are closed (the only week of the year) I'm going to take the opportunity to paint the place, do some carpentry work etc all the things that can't be done with the place open.

I will miss being in work, anyone else admit to that? :D
  • underdog said:
    Whenever I close the shop Christmas eve until the 2nd officially, but during the week we are closed (the only week of the year) I'm going to take the opportunity to paint the place, do some carpentry work etc all the things that can't be done with the place open.

Not me. My software has been ready for months. At the last minute they decided the hardware had to be different, so could I bodge the software? I'm pleased to be out of it for a fortnight
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24891
    1pm xmas eve. Back on 29th. NY Day off.

Quite happy with that to be honest.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Phil_aka_Pip;450173" said:
    underdog said:

Not me. My software has been ready for months. At the last minute they decided the hardware had to be different, so could I bodge the software? I'm pleased to be out of it for a fortnight
    I worked in IT for 15 years so I completely understand you mate :D

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    I'll be going in to show my face on Monday, but it'll be a token gesture.  I've been off on the Tom and Dick this week, and the Company hasn't collapsed yet, so with any luck no one will notice I'm not there until 
    January.

Reckon I'll leave my jacket on the back of my office chair to make it look like I'm still around, and then bugger off home on the 23rd to do some last minute shopping, then home.

• Finished today and not back until 31st December, then I'm off 1st Jan and back in 2nd January.  :D:D
  • GulliverGulliver Frets: 852
    I finished last Friday (12th) and am back on Jan 5th...
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    I am here this evening as it is my weekend in managing the risk of these bastards.

However, no offices open, the Boss is away until the NY, thus I am currently pulling to pieces and cleaning my CS Esquire, listening to Radio 4, drinking tea, smoking in the car park, and quite happily letting my colleagues do whatever the fck they want to until midnight.

Next week I'm only in Weds, 4pm finish. Back in w/c 29/12 but will be pleased to be I can assure ye! Off NYD as it's the Mrs birthday.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4952
    I finished at lunchtime today, and I'M NOT GOING BACK!  EVER!! :P
  • 10thumbs10thumbs Frets: 427

My first one off in 7yrs ( I work in a hospital - of sorts) , but then I`ve been off for the last 4weeks , after major surgery. :-S

I`m hoping to get NY as well .... cough.cough.. :-bd

Nitefly said:
    I finished at lunchtime today, and I'M NOT GOING BACK!  EVER!! :P
    But how will you buy strings??? Unless you're retiring? But then, the same question applies!
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4952
    Got it in one, @jd0272 - finished today.  Also Our Maud has retired today as well, and will get a Final Salary pension pot that will keep me in strings for the foreseeable...   meaning I can use my (much more meagre) pension pot to buy beer.  Happy days!  
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Nitefly said:
    Got it in one, @jd0272 - finished today.  Also Our Maud has retired today as well, and will get a Final Salary pension pot that will keep me in strings for the foreseeable...   meaning I can use my (much more meagre) pension pot to buy beer.  Happy days!  
    Whey hey!!!!!!!!!!! Good man! I've only got another 25/30 years to go. Pro's and con's    >:D<