Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Arise Sir Jonny

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Gassage said:
    Yeah DC has played behind some piss-hole packs. Read, McCaw, Thorne, Williams, Woodcock, Hayman...all shite. A set of forwards Italy pushed all over the pitch, that England pack never took a step back. 

Ella also played behind some great forwards, as did Noddy. Merhtens - he really shouldn't be anywhere near that list and Morgan is a tough one as the game has changed so much. forgot Larkham, silky runner. 

Hugo Porta should be in your list if you are being serious..YES PROBABLY

Jiffy- 37 games not enough to put in that august company. BECAUSE HE MOVED TO LEAGUE AND WAS A BIGGER SUCCESS THERE. 

Re taking the pack away, I refer you again to the RWC 2007- at times we had Ben Kay playing at 7 such were the injury issues... ENGLAND HAS THE BIGGEST PLAYER BASE IN WORLD, YOU HAD THE PLAYERS. 

EDIT: has any other player had the impact in NH rugby that Jonny did? I don't think so. Gareth Edwards, Willie John McBride, Brian O'Driscoll

So, if Henson had have been the Lions 10 in 2005 would it have made a difference?
    HE WASNT PLAYING 10 but 12, yes wilkinson should not have been on tour it destabilised the lions, causing confusion on the field, watch the videos etc. the first game against the Argies should have been a clue, he wasn't fit enough for tour. Same can be said for Jenkins on 2001, past his best, injured but kept as a kicker. Parallel with Wilko there.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • To give him his proper dues, Henson did shack up with Charlotte Church for a while, so he can't be all bad ;)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    I'm surprised the Fretboard founder wasn't up for a knighthood. More deserving in my view.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TinLipTinLip Frets: 368
    Gassage said:
    Wow, you mean you fixed a subtle piece of covert but overt crafted humour that was placed in an obvious yet subtle manner?

Thanks.
    You lost me at vert. But yes.

;)

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24897
    Jonny is not getting it.

Papers reporting it was not an accurate leak. Nowt for him at all.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• GassageGassage Frets: 31244
    Someone at both the mail and mirror is going to get fired...

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24897
    Telegraph reporting that a civil servant hinted an honour was going to a WRC winning rugby player... And the hacks didn't seem to realise that the England women now fall into that category too.

So the hints were right, but the hacks were thick.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• Arf! It's a good job no one lumped on at the bookies with this itk nugget!
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• I'm now starting to see Kone's point.  I think there were far better candidates to be led to believe they were receiving a knighthood based on spurious rumours then have it snatched away.  Simon Cowell and Bono would have been top of my list.  
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73140
    Telegraph reporting that a civil servant hinted an honour was going to a WRC winning rugby player... And the hacks didn't seem to realise that the England women now fall into that category too.

So the hints were right, but the hacks were thick.
    Gassage said:
    Someone at both the mail and mirror is going to get fired...
    I wonder how much of a coincidence that is :).

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    I'm now starting to see Kone's point.  I think there were far better candidates to be led to believe they were receiving a knighthood based on spurious rumours then have it snatched away.  Simon Cowell and Bono would have been top of my list.  
    Can we add Sting to that?

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    Strange thread? My understanding is that he is NOT getting an honour. I think that the whole thing is a pile of tripe anyway. They give honours out to any old Tom dick and Harry in business these days, or anyone that has thrown a few quid at the Tories.
  • :-\"